Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting OL as per Thursday practice photos

Archer

I honestly think the coaches think satele is good. I doubt they cut him after the season as well. He has started every game he's been healthy. Now if he were benched during the latter part of the season I could maybe see him getting cut but rite now I just don't see it. With their affection for mcglynn I see him getting a 126 million 7 year deal fully guaranteed in the offseason. I mean come one they are just bad save for a few games.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The players that give "Our Team the Best Chance to WIN?????????????????  I have said it now for months...and I will say it again.....as I said in another thread.......

Honestly...if healthy and READY I would want AC, Reitz, McGlynn, Link (Thornton), and Gosder Cherilus from left to right at this point.  Thornton has REALLY struggled in pass protection and it doubles when Satele misses line calls and whiffs as well.  Gotta go with what ya 'got.'

Satele needs to sit.....and fill in if someone is injured...unless Holmes is ready.

So we wait for Houston and Hali to get healthy and put that crap on the field

I don't get the connection. What did we have to do with getting the KC players healthy? We had no input into their health.

BTW, Hali isn't healthy. He may play, but he's obviously not 100% since he's not practicing.

LT: Costanzo

LG: Thornton

C: Satele

RG: McGlynn

RT: Cherilus

Lots of shots showed that to be the lineup.  Link was at 2nd team RG.  Nixon seemed to be at 2nd team RT, and Holmes was at center.  No shots of the left side of the 2nd team, but I imagine Reitz was at LT...

So, bottom line is that McGlynn is back at RG...

vMzX9wZ.gif

Lots of shots showed that to be the lineup.  Link was at 2nd team RG.  Nixon seemed to be at 2nd team RT, and Holmes was at center.  No shots of the left side of the 2nd team, but I imagine Reitz was at LT...

vMzX9wZ.gif

vMzX9wZ.gif

Chuck in charge. The worst interior OL in the NFL, and it`s a choice.

I promise, I have no affiliation with Colts Authority.

Every O line expert on this forum should read Ben Gundy's weekly analysis. He charts every block for every player.

The article may support your arguments, or it may disprove them.

Either way, you'll be a lot better informed after reading it.

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2014-articles/january/ca-charting-project-offensive-line-charting-week-17.html

I promise, I have no affiliation with Colts Authority.

Every O line expert on this forum should read Ben Gundy's weekly analysis. He charts every block for every player.

The article may support your arguments, or it may disprove them.

Either way, you'll be a lot better informed after reading it.

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2014-articles/january/ca-charting-project-offensive-line-charting-week-17.html

Good link Smonroe.....JAX and KC are two different teams as we know.  We better be prepared for the 'kitchen sink...and play our best players no matter what position.  The only confidence I have in that starting line is the 12th man will help if we can score early.

Good link Smonroe.....JAX and KC are two different teams as we know.  We better be prepared for the 'kitchen sink...and play our best players no matter what position.  The only confidence I have in that starting line is the 12th man will help if we can score early.

You can go back and read how the line did against KC if you're interested.

I agree with just about everyone here, that Satele shouldn't start at C. In that CA series, Gundy always has a wth is Satele Thinking section. There's no doubt that we'll never be a good running team until the middle of that line is improved. And i agree that McGlynn is better at C than G.

But, unlike a lot of people in this thread, I'm not giving up on the game because I don't like the coaches choice o starters. We don't know the gameplan. The starters don't necessarily finish a game if they're not playing well. I'm willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt that they'll do what's best for the team.

I agree with just about everyone here, that Satele shouldn't start at C. In that CA series, Gundy always has a wth is Satele Thinking section. There's no doubt that we'll never be a good running team until the middle of that line is improved. And i agree that McGlynn is better at C than G.

But, unlike a lot of people in this thread, I'm not giving up on the game because I don't like the coaches choice o starters. We don't know the gameplan. The starters don't necessarily finish a game if they're not playing well. I'm willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt that they'll do what's best for the team.

You know I will never give up, and will root on whomever is on that field!!!   :rawr:

Joe Staysniak od 1070am doesn't even like Setele.... And that's saying something considering he was an offensive lineman for the Colts and usually avoids bashing the Oline. He even mumbled "stay injured" in regards to Setele lol.

Joe Staysniak od 1070am doesn't even like Setele.... And that's saying something considering he was an offensive lineman for the Colts and usually avoids bashing the Oline. He even mumbled "stay injured" in regards to Setele lol.

I don't wish injury on any player. But I'm all for keeping Satele out if he has any type of injury. Including a hangnail.

The forum was freaking out for a little while and said it didn't take it. Guess it did.....x 3!! Sorry about that, sorry about that, sorry about that lol. 

Well....no problem, some think McGlynn at rg and Satele at center is the best option we have.....blows me away!   

Yeah

This can not be true that we are starting that O-line. No one, I mean no one that has watched the 16 games closely this year would do that.

Yeah, kinda sad of Coach Chuck.....Satele has been pointed out as 'undersized' and 'weak' by a few of the commentators on a number of our games this year.

What's with the staff's fascination with Satele?

They always talk about having the best players play...he's not very good.

As I have said repeatedly - Coach P has a thing for Satele's ponytail.  Although, he did play well against the Jags if memory serves?