Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian

number28

I can just tell everyone I know to join and give me +1000.

You think I give a darn about the points system? I can be -million and still be a truer fan that all these backstabbers on here.

go keep insulting our teams and our organization you loser

Because you seem so keen to hit the report button over frivolities, I'm sure the mods will enjoy seeing something worth being reported for the first time today.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just tell everyone I know to join and give me +1000.

You think I give a darn about the points system? I can be -million and still be a truer fan that all these backstabbers on here.

go keep insulting our teams and our organization you loser

For someone who's always butt-hurt and reporting to mods, your pretty hateful.

Simple question why is Bill no longer with the Bills/Panthers?

So the Colts were successfull for the past decade like no other team in NFL history in spite of him?

Not at first but his contribution has dramatically diminished while his self-importance has gone up.

He did a remarkable job at first. Getting Manning and James and avoiding Leaf and Williams were both very good picks.

He did well with Wayne, Clark, and Freeney. Even Sanders was a good pick although he broke down eventually.

However, his performance is inversely correlated to his media exposure. The more public he has become the poorer job he has done on his primary responsibility, building a team. If I were Irsay I would ban him from giving more interviews than any other GM and I would tell him to lose the radio show.

lets get back to the topic please. My question and the thread I created is very legit.

Please give reasonable responses. Your hatred and finger pointing on Polian is way out of line.

At what point does Polian deserve blame? Is it after 5years of bad drafts? Failure to address team needs? Appointing and sticking to an under qualified and underwhelming HC? 0-16? 2 losing seasons? 3?

Tell us o wise #28, at what point can we ask for quality results from our FO? I'd hate to be a bad, backstabbing fan to an organization I shovel money to hand over fist.

At what point does Polian deserve blame? Is it after 5years of bad drafts? Failure to address team needs? Appointing and sticking to an under qualified and underwhelming HC? 0-16? 2 losing seasons? 3?

Tell us o wise #28, at what point can we ask for quality results from our FO? I'd hate to be a bad, backstabbing fan to an organization I shovel money to hand over fist.

I am not defending Polian in this thread. I am exposing our fanbase.

If the Colts have 2-3 or maybe 4 losing non playoff season then I would think it would be time for a change. But 1 bad season....not a chance.

Heck how long did Detriot give Matt Million to prove he wasn't a good GM?

I am not defending Polian in this thread. I am exposing our fanbase.

Lol exposing our fan base? To whom? Exposing what? That they were content when winning and upset when losing? That would indicate to me a fanbase that is growing. 15 years ago no one cared believe me, I was there.

A jerry jones led team beat Polians team twice in the SB, does that make Jerry a better GM, or did it just so happen that 20yrs ago the game was different? Bc Jerry jones can hang his hat on 90s accomplishments too.....

lol. This guy is great.

HE'S a real fan. The rest of us are the scum between his toes. We all can only hope someday to be 1/99 of the fan he is...

:facepalm:

I am just as guilty as the rest of our fans for wanting everyone to be fired.

You are missing the point of this thread. Why are you even posting here?

Edited by Maureen
Personal Shot

Honestly Polian hasnt been that great in the recent years but there maybe a handful IF THAT of gms that could fill his shoes. I doubt we can get any of those guys but I hope this season is a wake up call for Polian and he gets it together.

Lol exposing our fan base? To whom? Exposing what? That they were content when winning and upset when losing? That would indicate to me a fanbase that is growing. 15 years ago no one cared believe me, I was there.

A jerry jones led team beat Polians team twice in the SB, does that make Jerry a better GM, or did it just so happen that 20yrs ago the game was different? Bc Jerry jones can hang his hat on 90s accomplishments too.....

Jerry brough multiple SB's to his franchise. Jerry is arguably the greatest GM/owner in history of NFL. But I bet if we had Jerry and with our given situation, you would be the first person to want him out.

Comon man. Be realistic.

Jerry brough multiple SB's to his franchise. Jerry is arguably the greatest GM/owner in history of NFL. But I bet if we had Jerry and with our given situation, you would be the first person to want him out.

Comon man. Be realistic.

The point was you highlight past accomplishments of Polian as the basis for your reasoning. Jerry Jones had more success in the 90s than Bill did does that mean he's untouchable here in 2011?

lets get back to the topic please. My question and the thread I created is very legit.

Please give reasonable responses. Your hatred and finger pointing on Polian is way out of line.

Getting back to the topic, Polian has done some great things in the past for other organizations and ours as well. I'm sure he's done the best he could while always picking in the later rounds. Hopefully he's learned from this disaster of a season, to not build around only 1 player. Sure it worked for a number of years but it finally caught up with him.

The ones who really need to go are Caldwell and Coyer.

Edited by NM_Colts

That means Jerry is untouchable until he is dead. Obviously he knows what he is doing. Cowboys rarerly miss playoffs and have multiple SB's in their history. They are one of the greatest NFL teams ever.

I am not saying Polian is Jerry caliber, but still

4 SB's with Bills

Made Carolina a good team that went to SB

Turned around a Colts franchise. Went to 2 SB's. made Colts the best team of the decade.

Yeah, I am not a Polian supporter, but I have a full right to expose the dirty nasty human nature of our fans.

The fact that you think Jerry Jones is a great GM completely tells me you know nothing of what you speak. The Cowboy's rarely miss the playoffs??? Okay their one playoff win in the last 15 years or so shoots that idea down right away.

Go on keep defending Polian and now you can add Jerry Jones to that list too. The only time Jones was any good was when there was no salary cap and he could spend all he wanted on players. It's not hard to build a good team when you're GM of the Yankees......I mean Cowboys.

I have never liked Polian. That is the honest truth. I'm not just jumping on him now. I've always thought he is a legend in his own mind and that we have always under-achieved(with best QB in the game) because of his unwillingness to adapt and adjust his philosophies. I think this season is at least partially proving me right.

I have never liked Polian. That is the honest truth. I'm not just jumping on him now. I've always thought he is a legend in his own mind and that we have always under-achieved(with best QB in the game) because of his unwillingness to adapt and adjust his philosophies. I think this season is at least partially proving me right.

so it's just luck that the Bills were good, the Panthers succeeded and the Colts have been successful under his leadership?

Heck how long did Detriot give Matt Million to prove he wasn't a good GM?

If Polian was a good gm he would have made sure that Manning had a decent offensive line in these last few years. Can you imagine just how good Luck or any other college quarterback will be if he only has 3 or 4 seconds to get rid of the football. You figure that out and tell me.

If Polian was a good gm he would have made sure that Manning had a decent offensive line in these last few years. Can you imagine just how good Luck or any other college quarterback will be if he only has 3 or 4 seconds to get rid of the football. You figure that out and tell me.

You've got a valid point here, but for the record, 3-4 seconds is all a QB should expect to have in the NFL.

Yes Polian dropped the ball on replinishing the OL till last draft. However Luck, unlike Peyton can scramble and run and get out of trouble.

Ok, so here is my question. How come the same people that praised Polian a few years ago, now want him out?

I know that most of the fans supported Polian and worshipped him for bringing us SB win and making Colts a winning franchise.

Those same people said how great Polian was in Buffalo and Carolina.

Now why all of a sudden did you all change your mind about the guy? I understand you want Caldwell gone and you want all the coaches gone. But why be such hypocrites and wanna kick out the dude who you loved all these years?

I got one question for you.....28.

Does Bill Polian own ANY part of this freakin' train wreck?

Because at the slightest hint of being held accountable for his part of the Colts situation....he seems to go into a kind of "Hitler finds out video" mode and proceeds to berate everyone in sight. And of course, his sycophants here on the forum interpret ANY criticism of him as a claim that we'd do a better job as GM....which no one here is saying.

The facts are that Bill Polian built a 53-man roster with a ridiculously QB-centric "pass-first" offense that produces a pathetic rushing attack so bad it perennially finishes at or near the bottom of the NFL even with Manning. And his personnel selections for the defense went according to a design that largely depended on the point production of that QB-driven offense.

So subtract Manning, and the house of cards collapses on defense too???

Yes...it does.

Bill Polian's philosophy in the design of our roster has been stunningly exposed this season. Minus Peyton Manning in a stubbornly "pass-first" offense....we simply cannot score enough points or pull out late-game heroics to mask what was always a vulnerably designed defense.

We simply cannot possess the ball, offensively or defensively. And football....regardless of its current pass-happy culture....is still a game of keep-away.

Polian's roster approach fell short in a key area of football basics....and he shouldn't act like a jerk-off when someone brings it up.