Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian

number28

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Polian dropped the ball on replinishing the OL till last draft. However Luck, unlike Peyton can scramble and run and get out of trouble.

If you believe that then Luck must be a lot better than Manning. Im sure he will be able to find his open receivers while scrambling with nfl defensive players homing in. You know Manning absolutely took a beating last year. How could Polian let that happen. He admitted that the offensive line in the super bowl was not very good. You cant tell me that thru either drafting, trading or thru free agency he could not have come up with some better players. Both offensively and defensively. The results on the field is the true indicator of Polian's ability.

I am not defending Polian in this thread. I am exposing our fanbase.

yeah I will keep defending Polian and Jerry Jones. They are great GM's. I don't have a reason to blame them.

Ok Which one is it. You're not defending or you are defending

mate, don't bother to even argue with these people. They will just give you negative points for every post you make.

from what I have been reading it seems to me that the only negativity is when someone brings up a point that you have no good answer for other than 'fingerpointing and nasty fan."

Edited by FanFromtheWasteland

number28 - you act like this is a black and white argument and it's not. Many of us are very appreciative of what Bill Polian has done for this team. That doesn't change the fact that the roster for at least the past 2 years hasn't been up to par. But it was something that started in personnel decisions a few years before that. I also am a little concerned about the nepotism. Is Chris Polian really the best successor for Bill Polian? Just a coincindence that daddy picked his son? None of this makes any of us less of fans. Just because we don't believe like you doesn't mean we aren't great fans. I first started playing and watching football when I was 10 - 40 years ago. So I don't need a lecture on what it means to be a fan of the game or a team. Just relax a little bit. You aren't an investigative journalist uncovering some conspiracy. You aren't exposing bad fans. Everyone is entittled to their opinions and I would say if they are still posting here they are still fans and concerned about the future of the Colts.

Edited by gspdx

I agree about Chris Polian. I don't want him here. He has absolutely 0 credentials and hasn't done anything to deserve tobe GM.

Bill on the other hand is a proven GM that makes a difference to any team he has been on. I can almost guarantee if Polian gets fired, he goes to another franchise and turns them around.

number28 - you act like this is a black and white argument and it's not. Many of us are very appreciative of what Bill Polian has done for this team. That doesn't change the fact that the roster for at least the past 2 years hasn't been up to par. But it was something that started in personnel decisions a few years before that. I also am a little concerned about the nepotism. Is Chris Polian really the best successor for Bill Polian? Just a coincindence that daddy picked his son? None of this makes any of us less of fans. Just because we don't believe like you doesn't mean we aren't great fans. I first started playing and watching football when I was 10 - 40 years ago. So I don't need a lecture on what it means to be a fan of the game or a team. Just relax a little bit. You aren't an investigative journalist uncovering some conspiracy. You aren't exposing bad fans. Everyone is entittled to their opinions and I would say if they are still posting here they are still fans and concerned about the future of the Colts.

I don't get this whole "It's his son" thing. so what if it's his son? I could care less, when Jim Irsay steps down and his daughter takes over will there be this huge questioning of that? Bill's son wasn't given the job straight off the street. He has worked his way up just like any other excutive would and has been able to learn how to run organization from one of the best GM's ever in the NFL. Why does it matter that it is his father?

I don't get this whole "It's his son" thing. so what if it's his son? I could care less, when Jim Irsay steps down and his daughter takes over will there be this huge questioning of that? Bill's son wasn't given the job straight off the street. He has worked his way up just like any other excutive would and has been able to learn how to run organization from one of the best GM's ever in the NFL. Why does it matter that it is his father?
But Jim is the owner and he can do what he wants. My son certainly isn't set to take my job. He has different skils and desires in employment. I am always suspicious of this. I am always concerned when Daddy's son is considered the best replacement. There isn't anyone else out there that might be better? I worked at a company where the son took over for the father and he ran it into the ground.

I think BP has done a good job here. But I know where I work sometimes people need a new challenge, a new environment, a fresh situation. People sometimes get stagnant.

Edited by gspdx

I love Bill Polian he says stuff like this and it makes me sure he's just the best ... "We can handle the offensive side of it, I do believe. Jim Caldwell does, too. It’s the defensive part we have to get straightened out. At this stage of the game, I don’t have any answers. I have a lot of questions, but no answers at this point, unfortunately."