Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tickets for Saturdays playoff game sold out?

Gavin

Local station interviewed a man that waited in line this morning to buy ticket. He said the only ones available stunk and he would rather watch it at home. Let's face it, if you have nosebleeds you are paying to watch the game on a jumbo tron.

I looked on ticket master and the cheap tickets were sold out.  There were some 600 section seats left but I've sat where they were being sold and they aren't really bad seats.  No you aren't on top of things but you can still tell what's going on. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many season ticket holders backed out of buying playoff tickets and that's why there were so many left.  I waited until the last day to pay for mine.  The playoff ticket purchase is so restrictive for season ticket holders.  I have 3 seats and I only wanted to purchase 1 seat for the playoffs but they make you buy all of them. 

I think that's a factor, same with greed (making people buy more than one game at a time), ignoring other things going on in or around town when they schedule games (the IU and Pacers games that conflict with the Colts game), and probably the factor they know if they get close to enough tickets sold someone will step up and buy what's left just to get the game on TV. 

I forgot about the pacers myself till I was downtown on Saturday night

pretty noticable

I forgot about the pacers myself till I was downtown on Saturday night

pretty noticable

yeah and like I said before people probably had tickets to the Pacers or IU long before they knew the Colts were even going to be in the playoffs let alone when they would play and could buy tickets for them and I also think it's safe to say some of those going to the Pacers or IU game that day would go to the Colts game if they weren't already going to the Pacers or IU game that day. 

Local station interviewed a man that waited in line this morning to buy ticket. He said the only ones available stunk and he would rather watch it at home. Let's face it, if you have nosebleeds you are paying to watch the game on a jumbo tron.

I would give anything to be able to get to Indy to see a game. I would be glad to see the game anywhere in the stadium. I live in Maryland and my economic position right now is not great but if i could i would buy ticket and watch the game. With that said if the guy they talked to said he rather watch at his home than in the stadium then i hope it is not blackout for him. it would be ashamed this team has gotten in the playoffs each of the two yrs. Luck has been in the leauge and with the Colts and in consitantly in the Manning era. Colt fan need to support the team. and be loud in support of the team.

I would give anything to be able to get to Indy to see a game. I would be glad to see the game anywhere in the stadium. I live in Maryland and my economic position right now is not great but if i could i would buy ticket and watch the game. With that said if the guy they talked to said he rather watch at his home than in the stadium then i hope it is not blackout for him. it would be ashamed this team has gotten in the playoffs each of the two yrs. Luck has been in the leauge and with the Colts and in consitantly in the Manning era. Colt fan need to support the team. and be loud in support of the team.

They do support the team and it's not going to be blacked out. This is a non story and everybody knows it.

It's not that fans don't support the team.  The timeframe for season ticket holders to pay for playoff tickets fell around the same time that the Colts were playing so poorly.  That's a lot of money to drop at one time not knowing if they would even make the playoffs.  Yes, they apply the money for the unplayed games toward next year's season tickets, but it's still a big chunk of money to drop at one time.  I only needed 1 playoff ticket but I had to buy all 3 of my seats and I am hoping that I can sell 2 of them. 

I think many season ticket holders backed out of buying playoff tickets and that's why there were so many left.  I waited until the last day to pay for mine.  The playoff ticket purchase is so restrictive for season ticket holders.  I have 3 seats and I only wanted to purchase 1 seat for the playoffs but they make you buy all of them. 

Unless they changed it this year, you don't have to buy all of your seats for the postseason.  You just have to buy both games for the tickets you choose to purchase.  Since it was doubtful we would have a home playoff game last year, I only purchased one of my two tickets for the postseason.  I did purchase both of them this year.

Let's chill with the Colts fans don't support the team argument.  They will.  Tickets for people other than season ticket holders went on sale Monday morning.  It's Tuesday and there are by now fewer than 6,000 you can buy for 70,000 seat stadium.  I think there chances of moving what's left of those tickets by Thursday is pretty good.  They are in better shape than two other teams are in terms of selling out and one of those teams is the Green Bay Packers and the Colts have fewer than half of what the Packers have left to sell.  Is anyone with a straight face really going to the city of Green Bay needs to support their team because they have tickets left on Tuesday?

The Colts haven't been blacked out since week three of 2003.  The city does just fine supporting the Colts.  The only reason this is a story is so people know there are tickets to buy because frankly most people probably just assumed the game was already sold out. 

I've heard they are expecting about 3/8 of the stadium to be Chiefs fans, any truth to that?

I was there in 99 when the Titans had maybe 8 -9,000 fans and made enough noise to give us a black eye. I was also at dinner with the father of one of our coaches and he had tickets to sell on the street for two of our coaches. Really ticked me off when I saw all the Tenn fans at that game.

Anyway... if there are around 22,000 Chief fans there , Indianapolis should go and bury their heads.  I would guess that this is absurd and you pulled it out of some monkey's rump.

I've heard they are expecting about 3/8 of the stadium to be Chiefs fans, any truth to that?

How would anyone know that? Plus, that's what people said about the Broncos game and the Packers game last year.....turned out to be nonsense. Hell, Arrowhead was at least a quarter empty by the 3rd quarter when the Colts played them.

I don't know what it is with Colts fans and their inferiority complex when it comes supporting the team.

How would anyone know that? Plus, that's what people said about the Broncos game and the Packers game last year. Hell, Arrowhead was at least a quarter empty by the 3rd quarter when the Colts played them.

I don't know what it is with Colts fans and their inferiority complex when it comes supporting the team.

Heck I saw a lot of blue in the stands when it was still full.  The Colts fan base has grown leaps and bounds since 1999 when the Titans took over the Dome but people still live in fear of that happening again. 

League really didn't do the Colts any favors scheduling this on top of an IU and Pacers home games. Safe to say some that would buy Colts tickets probably already had tickets to one of the other two.

Another factor could be that Saturday was used as a snow makeup date for several sporting events at IHSAA schools.

I looked a few minutes ago at ticketmaster, and plenty of street level seats were available. 

Unless they changed it this year, you don't have to buy all of your seats for the postseason.  You just have to buy both games for the tickets you choose to purchase.  Since it was doubtful we would have a home playoff game last year, I only purchased one of my two tickets for the postseason.  I did purchase both of them this year.

The option to purchase part of your seats wasn't given.  I went online to pay and I thought I would be able to choose just one seat but I couldn't.  I probably could have called and asked about it but I waited until the last minute before I even decided to buy them. 

Btw the 3/8 Chiefs fan is what a Chiefs fan said over on ChiefsPlanet, he said he heard it on the news, just wondering if anyone else heard that or if it's made up

Made up.  With 64k seating capacity, that would mean there are 24k Chiefs fans, and even if they purchased all 7k tickets that went on public sale they would have had to buy another 17k from season ticket holders.

WTHR is hyping the fact they have the game pretty hard and almost as an after thought keeps throwing in "if we get it sold out."  I would guess that means they are planning on buying the remaining tickets if needed so they can air the game which is smart for them.  The amount of money they can make off of a Colts playoff game on their channel is going to more than off-set what they would spend to buy tickets.  However they probably aren't going to do that to the last second to keep from having to buy a lot of tickets. 

Still I have a feeling this thing sells out the old fashioned way.  If it doesn't I bet the league steps in some how.  The Colts have the fewest tickets remaining of the Packers, Colts, and Bengals and if the Colts don't sell out that probably means the Packers and Bengals didn't either.  No way the NFL has three home markets have blacked out games the first weekend of the playoffs when there hasn't been a blacked out playoff game since 2002. 

The option to purchase part of your seats wasn't given.  I went online to pay and I thought I would be able to choose just one seat but I couldn't.  I probably could have called and asked about it but I waited until the last minute before I even decided to buy them. 

I did actually stop by the complex on 56th street to make my payment last year.  Maybe that had something to do with it.

I would love to go, but I just graduated college two weeks ago, and have to save money until I get a full time job.

I did pull up tickets in the 200 level, but at $300 a piece, no way!

:(

But I did switch shifts with someone at work so I could watch the game!