Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ughh.. Looking like SD

dw49

We can't play San Diego. Only way they get in is with a Ravens and Miami loss. If the Ravens lose that mean the Bengals win, which means we would be the 4th seed and play KC.

No.. thats wrong. KC already has 5th seed wrapped up.

4 plays 6.

No your right

Well don't look now but here come the Ravens so the three seed is back in play.  However, the good news is a Ravens win puts the Chargers out. 

Personally of all the six seed teams the Colts COULD get if they are the three the Chargers are the only one that I am nervous about.  I think the Colts would beat anyone else in the first round. The good news is the Chargers match up is the least likely as the only way it could happen is for the Chargers and Bengals to win and the Pats to lose. 

I remember reading this earlier in the year:

2009: the Eagles are blown out in by the Saints in their home opener, and New Orleans goes on to win the Super Bowl. 2010: The Packers start their season in Philadelphia with a win, and go on to win the Super Bowl. 2011: the Eagles don't play at home until Week 3, when they're beaten by the Giants. The Giants would eventually become champions.

It's a completely random quirk of scheduling indicative of nothing—except perhaps that the Eagles lose to good teams, too. But that was blown up this year, as the Eagles actually won their home opener. They beat Baltimore by a point despite turning the ball over four times, as Michael Vick led Philly to the winning score with two minutes left. Yet even that wasn't enough to shake the inexorable pull of coincidence. The Ravens made it four in a row.

And the Chargers have that honor this year (they beat the Eagles 33-30).  Interesting...

Yeh... just edited my post a second ago. You are correct. My bad... pretty dumb as I was giving 3 teams a bye

Everybody makes mistakes!!  I made one last week...my first of 2013.  OK....WHATEVER!!!  :)

Starting my second cocktail........AHHHHHH!  Need a little Pink Floyd....Comfortably Numb....not there yet!!!

Colts_logo.gif

back to looking like the same KC team we played two weeks ago.  The good news is that it looks like the Colts have come out of the funk they were in in November.  The bad news I am not sure KC will play as bad they did two weeks ago.

Still with the fact the game is in Indy and I think the Colts are better I think the Colts win this game. 

I should add unless Buffalo shocks the world in New England later today. 

back to looking like the same KC team we played two weeks ago.  The good news is that it looks like the Colts have come out of the funk they were in in November.  The bad news I am not sure KC will play as bad they did two weeks ago.

Still with the fact the game is in Indy and I think the Colts are better I think the Colts win this game. 

I should add unless Buffalo shocks the world in New England later today. 

Home crowd...I expect a very hard hitting game!!  I am excited!!

Yep...with ya on the Buffalo 'miracle.'  Never say never...:)

Cincy is looking like a scary team to face right now.

Saw Dalton throw a stupid pick in the endzone before when I turned it on for a few. As good and talented as that team can be, Dalton is still the "X factor" for me in terms of how far they could go and be able to put away games early.

And Cincy has not won a playoff game in a million years so if they are due this has to be the year? SD or Pitts though could be a very tough opponent for them too. SD may struggle in the cold if they get in but they only lost I think 17-10 in SD weeks ago to Cincy.

Don't be fooled, it's only their defense. Andy Dalton is a turnover machine. Wait until they play someone with a good offense. Andy Dalton won't win a shootout

You can beat them if you play a solid ball game, but New England can't be too confident if they draw that card.  New England could barely find the end zone against the Bengals.  I think that we can beat Cincy based on the last game we played against them which we killed ourselves with some mistakes, penalties and also that horrible call that was made by the referee on that 4th down run by Green Ellis. But all in all I don't think Denver or New England want the Cincinatti card if they had to face them.  

I'm not overly confident about that game if we had to face them again with all the weapons they have, but I will say they didn't show me enough in that game to think if we brought our A game we couldn't beat those dudes. Especially if we go into that game with Toler, Davis and Butler healthy.  I don't think we had big problems at all moving the ball on their defense other than the problems we caused ourselves on certain drives.  Honestly I feel more confident about us beating them than Denver or New England.

Everybody makes mistakes!! I made one last week...my first of 2013. OK....WHATEVER!!! :)

Starting my second cocktail........AHHHHHH! Need a little Pink Floyd....Comfortably Numb....not there yet!!!

Colts_logo.gif

Relax relax relax, I need some information.... first... Just the basic facts, can you show me where it hurts.

If the Colts come out no huddle/up tempo to start every game and execute on defense I don't care who they play..they can beat anybody. Quit "trying to establish the run first" mentality..we got this!

We've really moved to a pass to open up the run type of offense since the Bengals game and we had four TDs in the second half and they were finally able to establish more weapons for Luck.  This team had a funk in November no question but it just took them time to adjust to life without Reggie.  I think they have now done that and the offense is back in the flow of things again.  They are clearly playing their best ball since the Denver game and you could argue over the past three weeks have put together their best three games in a row all year.  This is what you want going into the playoffs a team that is clicking.