Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck

Dark Superman

I'm starting to see a little Peyton Manning in this Andrew Luck kid. I am starting to love the way he takes over the offense and I also am fascinated in the way his leadership takes over especially when we run a no huddle offense. His confidence seems to be building and when the offensive line holds up he seems to more times than not make the right throw.

Peps offense really seems to be clicking.. I think if we can stay healthy next year we are really going to light up defenses week in and week out.

Luck is doing a great job finding his targets even though we really aren't great at any offensive position.. Which is positive when you look long term.

Hopefully we can get a few key players back next season and bring in a few new faces and help continue to build this monster.

The offense wont be that hard to fix/upgrade because of how guys have stepped up. With Thomas back next year, Thornton can roll over to RG where he is more comfortable and we just need an upgrade at C.

Next year I see:

QB: A. Luck

RB: T. Richardson/V. Ballard/C. Rainey

WR 1: R. Wayne

WR 2: D. Rogers

WR 3: T. Hilton

O Line: A. Castanzo/D. Thomas/Some Guy/H. Thornton/G. Cherilius

TE: C. Fleener/D. Allen

Second year in the same system with largely the same nucleus of players in their 2nd/3rd years. Defend that reliably.

I worry about Thomas a little bit -- 2nd season ending injury -- and while I think he was certainly better than what we have on our interior line now, I am not sold that he is the 'road-grader' that we really want on our OL.  It's quite possible our line-help could all come from 'in-house' if the staff feels like Holmes can step up at C and D. Thomas and Thornton are the answers at LG/RG. 

However, I would really like to see us get a couple of interior OL (a G and a C, maybe) in FA or in the draft between round 2-4 to increase camp competition and either take over as starter or increase our depth so we don't have to see someone like McGlynn or Reitz on the field that much.

I worry about Thomas a little bit -- 2nd season ending injury -- and while I think he was certainly better than what we have on our interior line now, I am not sold that he is the 'road-grader' that we really want on our OL. It's quite possible our line-help could all come from 'in-house' if the staff feels like Holmes can step up at C and D. Thomas and Thornton are the answers at LG/RG.

However, I would really like to see us get a couple of interior OL (a G and a C, maybe) in FA or in the draft between round 2-4 to increase camp competition and either take over as starter or increase our depth so we don't have to see someone like McGlynn or Reitz on the field that much.

Whats your problem with Reitz? He is fine depth at guard and weve got him on the cheap for one more year if we tender him (we should). McGlynn will be a UFA after this year anyways, so he is likely gone.

Whats your problem with Reitz? He is fine depth at guard and weve got him on the cheap for one more year if we tender him (we should). McGlynn will be a UFA after this year anyways, so he is likely gone.

Reitz is very expensive - if you had to pay him by the minutes he actually plays.

The guy has plenty of potential, but he's always getting hurt.

He is bench depth, he's not supposed to be getting lots of minutes lol.

You're not depth if you can't play when needed. 

I'm not saying it's his fault, but it's a tough business.  If you can't play when your team needs you, there's always someone else who can.

Reitz is very expensive - if you had to pay him by the minutes he actually plays.

The guy has plenty of potential, but he's always getting hurt.

Agreed with Smonroe -- and SkyBane -- I don't have much problem with Reitz on the bench -- he has been adequate on the field, but my point is that it would be nice if we upgraded so if someone got hurt we'd have someone better coming off the bench.  A. Luck is our future, we need to keep him upright for the sake of this franchise.  While Reitz and even McGlynn are adequate reserves, I would be all for improving our starters and our depth on the line (especially the interior).  Thornton has played pretty well for a rookie, and I think he can improve.  I thought Thomas was OK before injury, but I think there is potential for improvement there.  The fact that Holmes hasn't played yet doesn't leave me optimistic, but I am not sure about him as I don't see what goes on behind the scenes.  Again, our fixes for starters may very well be in house, but I wouldn't be shocked if we could get a guy to challenge anyone we have on our roster for starting spots at LG, C, and RG -- at the very least, we should bring in atleast another body or 2 so if we do suffer injuries we can still keep Luck standing.

The offense wont be that hard to fix/upgrade because of how guys have stepped up. With Thomas back next year, Thornton can roll over to RG where he is more comfortable and we just need an upgrade at C.

Next year I see:

QB: A. Luck

RB: T. Richardson/V. Ballard/C. Rainey

WR 1: R. Wayne

WR 2: D. Rogers

WR 3: T. Hilton

O Line: A. Castanzo/D. Thomas/Some Guy/H. Thornton/G. Cherilius

TE: C. Fleener/D. Allen

Second year in the same system with largely the same nucleus of players in their 2nd/3rd years. Defend that reliably.

As is being said every year. Some of them will be injured, it happens every year.

Beforehand one says: "Next year will be better.". I'm not confident, the story repeats itself every year, more or less.

As is being said every year. Some of them will be injured, it happens every year.

Beforehand one says: "Next year will be better.". I'm not confident, the story repeats itself every year, more or less.

Depth upgrades happen every year on every team. People calling for wholesale change on the O line starters are going to be sorely dissapointed, and as I pointed out, there will likely only be a change at center in the starting group. Most of the big moves will likely be on the defensive side of the ball, likely an ILB, a pass rushing prospect, and a much needed upgrade to Bethea at safety.

I'm starting to see a little Peyton Manning in this Andrew Luck kid. I am starting to love the way he takes over the offense and I also am fascinated in the way his leadership takes over especially when we run a no huddle offense. His confidence seems to be building and when the offensive line holds up he seems to more times than not make the right throw.

Peps offense really seems to be clicking.. I think if we can stay healthy next year we are really going to light up defenses week in and week out.

Luck is doing a great job finding his targets even though we really aren't great at any offensive position.. Which is positive when you look long term.

Hopefully we can get a few key players back next season and bring in a few new faces and help continue to build this monster.

Sorry, but I don't see any Peyton Manning in Luck, and that's a good thing. Luck is like a Ben Roethlisberger with a higher ceiling in my eyes.

I also think he has the clutch gene, but we'll see. Clutch in regular season is one thing, clutch when it matters something else.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He has a long way to go to be put in the Manning catagory. 

No one said he was.  They said that they see a little resemblance.  And hey guess what, so does everyone else that watches football.  That's why Luck was the greatest prospect since, you guessed it, Peyton Manning.

Guest TeamLoloJones

The OP did.

Manning is one of the all time greats.  He is a virtual lock for the Hall of Fame.  Luck is all potential and promise at this point.

Seahawks are all potential and NO TROPHYS at this point.

The OP did.

Manning is one of the all time greats. He is a virtual lock for the Hall of Fame. Luck is all potential and promise at this point.

Seeing a little Peyton in Andrew isn't saying, "Andrew is on the same level of play as Peyton."

Though I have suspicious you knew this and just wanted to be contrarian. That or your reasoning skills are severely lacking.

Seeing a little Peyton in Andrew isn't saying, "Andrew is on the same level of play as Peyton."

Though I have suspicious you knew this and just wanted to be contrarian. That or your reasoning skills are severely lacking.

Why can't people on a message board just say "I disagree"  Is it becasue of the safety the internet provides?

Yes, good Brown Trout in Gatlinburg and plenty of PCB Trout fishing on Lake Michigan.

Gatlinburg is awesome, rented a very crazy 3 story cabin there once with a bunch of friends. Came equipped with a pool table, hot tub and a bunch of other stuff. Was a great time. Didn't get a chance to go fishing though.

When I lived in Terre Haute, I loved to float the old strip pits fly fishing for large mouth bass.  I had access to a private set of ponds in Brazil.  The fishing was awesome.  The owner told me there were too many bass in his ponds and he wanted me to fish out as many as I could.  Usually I'm a catch and release guy.  Not then.

When I lived in Terre Haute, I loved to float the old strip pits fly fishing for large mouth bass.  I had access to a private set of ponds in Brazil.  The fishing was awesome.  The owner told me there were too many bass in his ponds and he wanted me to fish out as many as I could.  Usually I'm a catch and release guy.  Not then.

My biggest (13.3 pounds) large mouth bass came from a strip pit (those are the best kept secrets of fishing) .Yes, the fish was caught in INDY and yes i released it back (not in the same pond though) . It was too big and valuable to just throw back into a strip pit, so i place it where it could be more productive.

Gatlinburg is awesome, rented a very crazy 3 story cabin there once with a bunch of friends. Came equipped with a pool table, hot tub and a bunch of other stuff. Was a great time. Didn't get a chance to go fishing though.

i think i would take the 3 story cabin over fishing, especially if there were female neighbors in the next Chalet over.   :36dancing:

The OP did.

Manning is one of the all time greats.  He is a virtual lock for the Hall of Fame.  Luck is all potential and promise at this point.

Peyton Manning will return to Indianapolis for the Broncos-Colts game on Sunday night. Not surprisingly, all eyes will be on the quarterback matchup between Manning and Luck.

Andrew Luck has had some big shoes to fill in Indianapolis, and up to this point in his career, he’s done a pretty good job of meeting those expectations. Here’s a look at how Luck has fared in his first 22 regular season starts relative to Manning.

ibq1IIgz4A55KO.gif

While Manning had a higher completion percentage and more touchdowns through his first 22 games, Luck’s overall numbers have been more impressive. Luck has more total passing yards, fewer interceptions, and, perhaps most importantly, Luck has 15 wins and a trip to the postseason.

While it’s difficult to compare two quarterbacks playing at different times and with different teammates, Manning and Luck were working with similar teams. For example, the Colts were 3-13 the season before they drafted Manning, and they were 2-14 the season before they drafted Luck. Manning had one offensive teammate make the Pro Bowl during his rookie season (Marshall Faulk), and Luck had one fellow offensive teammate make the Pro Bowl last season (Reggie Wayne).

At the end of the day, 22 games is a small sample size and Luck’s early success doesn’t necessarily mean that he’ll have a better career than Manning. Still, people in Indianapolis have reason to be excited.

We can talk again next year after 18 & the Donks choke again without making it to the big game .

I like 18 but I'm more impressed with 12 . 18 is special 12 will be even better . :blueshoe: