Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why is Trent Richardson playing?

trueblueblood

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say it's the oline when brown has been running much better? Do you think the offensive line is playing favorites?

okay well its the type of play calls rich get inside runs well brown gets the fancy calls comon man rich is beast 

A year ago at this time, most people were saying "Why is Donald Brown playing? He sucks! Vick Ballard should get all the carries!"

One guy doesn't take the full load. That's the

way it is on most teams.

See the big picture.

The backup doesn't get more carries than the starter on most teams, is that part of the big picture?

Donald brown has been in the league almost 5 years with the same team... Trent has been in the league almost 2 on 2 different teams... Give Trent time! Brown and Trent have different running styles! I don't know why just because one guy can do it everyone assumes the other guy to be the same player!? I'm just just feeding the trolls so I'm gonna stop now

So......

Why do YOU think the Colts are handling things this way?

You must have some guess about it?

What do you think?

If you're trying to make me look stupid, you will fail. The only thing that matters is brown is greatly exceeding Richardson's production. You act like the coaching staff hasn't ever made a mistake. (Dhb starting)

The Colts are using Richardson because they gave up a draft pick to get him. They invested in him. They want him to get as many carries as possible because they want him to be VERY familiar with the offense and the blocking schemes. They plan on keeping him around as long as possible...as long as he can be productive in some form or fashion. I think he is a better runner when he gets the little dump off pass in open field. He has improved in his pass blocking tremendously since he came to the Colts. The more plays he gets in the better he is going to get!

If you're trying to make me look stupid, you will fail. The only thing that matters is brown is greatly exceeding Richardson's production. You act like the coaching staff hasn't ever made a mistake. (Dhb starting)

2.8 ypc on the 10 carries before that 51 yard run. He wasn't doing anything either beforehand.

Sorry, you misread my meaning.

I'm was asking a simple straight forward question.    I wasn't trying to make you look stupid.

Figured this is enough of an issue to you to start the thread....   figured you might also have a view on why the Colts are doing what they're doing.....

Idc what people say, he sucks. If brown can run all over the same defense behind the same oline, there's a problem. Brown needs to be getting all the carries.

Really? that seems like an awfully ignorant view for a internet message board.

Also if we gave up on Brown as early as you want to give up on Trent Richardson he would be lighting it up on the Bengals or something, instead of here. So I really can't figure out why you will not allow people to view Trent now as you must've viewed Brown at one point in his career. (unless of course you hated Brown until just recently and are hopping bandwagons)

Sorry, you misread my meaning.

I'm was asking a simple straight forward question. I wasn't trying to make you look stupid.

Figured this is enough of an issue to you to start the thread.... figured you might also have a view on why the Colts are doing what they're doing.....

I have no clue why Richardson would have more carries, he's shown that he's the better option

Really? that seems like an awfully ignorant view for a internet message board.

Also if we gave up on Brown as early as you want to give up on Trent Richardson he would be lighting it up on the Bengals or something, instead of here. So I really can't figure out why you will not allow people to view Trent now as you must've viewed Brown at one point in his career. (unless of course you hated Brown until just recently and are hopping bandwagons)

I'm tired of people trying to justify Richardson getting more carries, beating a dead horse won't do you any good. Sorry that I think the player with better production should be getting more carries. I only say I don't care what people say because I can't think of any reasonable explanation as to why Richardson is getting more snaps. Can you?

The biggest problem I have with Trent Richardson is most every time they give it to him on 3rd and short he can not get the job done, and yes I know we are dealing with a struggeling O-line but that does not change the fact he is not ready. Sure maybe next year, but don't blow third down on a guy who is not ready. If this trends into the play offs it could cost them points and opportunities which will be costly in the fourth quarter if the game is close. He is good of fthe pass and that is were he shold be used. And yes Donald Brown is a far better running back at this time. His stats speak for themselves. Peps got to wake up. 

The biggest problem I have with Trent Richardson is most every time they give it to him on 3rd and short he can not get the job done. He is not ready. Sure maybe next year, but don't blow third down on a guy who is not ready. If this trends into the play offs it could cost then points and opportunities which will be costly in the fourth quarter if the game is close. He is good of fthe pass and that is were he shold be used. And yeas Donald Brown is a far better running back at this time. His stats speak for themselves. Peps got to wake up.

I can only think of one 4th and short we ran with Trent today, and he converted it. Which others did he fail that I'm missing?

Trent played well these threads are just plain we'll say well silly . He's the power runner we want to handle the load so Brown the change of pace back can do his thing on a tired D . I think our coaches know what they are doing just fine and know football a lot better than any guy on a message board questing there approach .

I'm tired of people trying to justify Richardson getting more carries, beating a dead horse won't do you any good. Sorry that I think the player with better production should be getting more carries. I only say I don't care what people say because I can't think of any reasonable explanation as to why Richardson is getting more snaps. Can you?

Fair enough, If it is only "snap count" percentage you care about than I actually agree Brown should be getting all the snaps he can handle which i think should be well above 50%.

That being said I believe Richardson needs to be out there for several reasons, the main one being Brown cant take 100% of the snaps on game day and even if he could I think it would limit his effectiveness IMO.

with the oline we have, browns running style is much more favorable then trents. brown bursts and uses his quick acceleration to get to the 2nd level... its as if brown knows how little time he has to hit ANY type of hole before getting a bad play, so he just shoots like a rocket.

trent is gonna be great later on, trust me. hes really hard to break down and once he gets goin hes good. his running style takes more to develop after the snap, which he cant get with this oline.  he does seem to wait a little long for a hole to develop or something, which is bad because that doesnt really happen with this line. we saw what he can do with decent coverage (those random 10-20 yarders). he just needs to be quicker upon the snap.

there were so many runs today tht made me wanna yell at trich so bad, but then realize how little push the line got on so many of those run stuffed plays