Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The other Pagano

Kyle

Well that horrible D held us to 9 points 1 week before we beat Denver.

And they beat us the same way they beat Denver. Keep the QB off the field. They kept Andrew Luck & Peyton Manning off the field

That's the kinda offense we're supposed to be running but hasn't exactly been that way since the domination of the 49ers game

I try to stay out of the "fire our coordinator" threads... but i cant help but wonder why John Pagano was never an option for D-coordinator?  wonder if he would consider coming over and coaching with Chuck.

He was with Mora's staff ( very low position) and was a casualty when J.M. was replaced by Dungy. I knew him pretty well as my cousin was very tight with Chuck. Had a few dinners with him when I traveled to Indy for a game. Llke his brother Chuck ... nice guy but certainly no genius. 

In any event , I don't think he would (or should ?)  leave the team that took him in and has promoted him all the way to DC to go back to the team that fired him from his defensive quality control position. 

He was with Mora's staff ( very low position) and was a casualty when J.M. was replaced by Dungy. I knew him pretty well as my cousin was very tight with Chuck. Had a few dinners with him when I traveled to Indy for a game. Llke his brother Chuck ... nice guy but certainly no genius. 

In any event , I don't think he would (or should ?)  leave the team that took him in and has promoted him all the way to DC to go back to the team that fired him from his defensive quality control position.

Not that you have to be a mensa member to coach in the nfl, but that is one thing that has always bothered me about Chuck.

Not that you have to be a mensa member to coach in the nfl, but that is one thing that has always bothered me about Chuck.

I hear ya. To be honest , I expected a little more of an "innovative" defense from him.  I'm a little surprised we're so vanilla. 

I try to stay out of the "fire our coordinator" threads... but i cant help but wonder why John Pagano was never an option for D-coordinator?  wonder if he would consider coming over and coaching with Chuck.

If I were John, I would never go to INDY as long as Chuck is HC.  I could never be objective if I worked on the same staff as my brother ever.

Didn't INDY already experience the dangers of family nepotism with former GM Bill Polian & his son?

I have no desire to relive that. Can Mike Shanahan be critical of his son Kyle as OC on the Skins staff? Not really...

SW1 is not dismissing your provocative question Kyle. I am just pointing out that when it comes to family no one can be impartial in how they treat their own sibling. I do find it an intriguing hypothesis though.  

If I were John, I would never go to INDY as long as Chuck is HC. I could never be objective if I worked on the same staff as my brother ever.

Didn't INDY already experience the dangers of family nepotism with former GM Bill Polian & his son?

I have no desire to relive that. Can Mike Shanahan be critical of his son Kyle as OC on the Skins staff? Not really...

SW1 is not dismissing your provocative question Kyle. I am just pointing out that when it comes to family no one can be impartial in how they treat their own sibling. I do find it an intriguing hypothesis though.

If I were John, I would never go to INDY as long as Chuck is HC.  I could never be objective if I worked on the same staff as my brother ever.

EXACTLY!!!  not only was I wondering if he was a good D-coordinator, I also wondered if they would want to or absolutely hate the idea of coaching together.  good stuff SW1, good stuff

Pagano is better then Manusky but he's still average. The Chargers have a much better front 7 with Luiget, Reyes, Thomas, Butler, Teo, and Ingram. They also have a top 3 coverage safety in Weddle so they can take more chances with him playing center field. The only players on defense that are better is Mathis, Landry and Vontae, every other position their better at.

They are ranked 13th vs the run mostly because most of their front 7 were high draft picks. Luiget and Reyes are the type of DE's we need to find in this draft and a all around ILB like Butler.

I doubt Manusky will be fired this offseason but it wouldn't shock me if he did.  I would love to see more thinking outside the box instead of a Vanilla defense.  The 11 guys on D we have now can't just line up and beat their man and sometimes it seems like that how they are trying to play.