Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does This Change Your Opinion Of Ne Running Up The Score In 2007?

DalTXColtsFan

I gotta tell ya, at absolutely no point whatsoever last night was I EVER angry at or insulted by the Saints. At NO point. I absolutely did NOT think they were blatantly running up the score against us. I absolutely felt like the Colts DESERVED to lose 62-7 the way they played.

A lot of people were angry at the Patriots in 2007 for some of the drubbings they were dishing out on teams, especially Tennessee and Washington. Does this change your perspective having been on the other end? I say if the other team can't even stop you when you're exclusively running the ball with your backup QB in there you deserve to lose - it's that simple. Sign better players and come up with better gameplans next time.

And when you're the other team, what are you SUPPOSED to do when you drop back to pass and the other team left one of your receivers wide open, put the ball inside your jersey and pretend you're pregnant?

Thoughts?

P.S. Let's not forget that the Saints have endured a couple beatdowns at our expense as well - 55-24 in 2003 (Peyton's first 6TD game), 41-10 in 2007 (where until Brees's last 3 passes he was going to break the record for WORST QB RATING IN A GAME IN NFL HISTORY when attempting 30+ passes or something like that). The latter was a fun game to watch - I remember as soon as the ball hit Giordano in the hands, thinking, "Nobody on the Saints can catch him - TD baby!".

The Saints just ran their offense. They even went out of their way not to run their offense. We gave up a couple of scores when they weren't even trying to score. That's how garbage we were. Yay us!

The Patriots in 2007 WERE running up the score on people. It was obvious. Seriously. You are up 3 TDs and you pull your starting QB only to put him back in so he can throw another TD? That's not running up the score? Belichick was ticked and the players were ticked because of the filming practice scandal discrediting them so they decided to give the middle finger to the rest of the league. You cannot even compare to the Saints last night.

They could have added another 14 on there quite easily if they wanted. They slowed down their aerial attack IMO and ran the ball. It's not our fault we couldn't stop them. No harm done except embarrassing our owner and team. Maybe we'll see some change now....

I never cared that the Pats were running up the score. I just warned that somebody would end up taking Brady out if it didn't stop running it up, and right or wrong that's what happened.

For the record, the Saints took out Brees so they were not running up the score.

If they would have subbed Brees back in to the game for the final TD pass then it would have rivaled the Patriots running up the score.

We are lucky the D stopped them on 1 third down in the first half and that time was running out or they would have had 2 more touchdowns instead of 2 field goals.

With the coaching staff we have coupled with the effort given by most last night, we deserve the worst defeat in the NFL since the merger. No problems with how the Saints played at all.

I never cared that the Pats were running up the score. I just warned that somebody would end up taking Brady out if it didn't stop running it up, and right or wrong that's what happened.

For the record, the Saints took out Brees so they were not running up the score.

Agree, Brees did not even take a 4th quarter snap and Sean Peyton lost intrest and left his booth with 9 mins to go. LOL

this has nothing to do with the pats...the saints did not try to humilliate us, the saints run like 23423423 times int eh second half, its obvious they werent trying to run up the score. The pats on 07 were throwing the ball when the game was obviously over and they never benched Brady like saints did with Brees.

Im not mad at the saints one bit, this is all on coyer, caldwell and players.

Agree, Brees did not even take a 4th quarter snap and Sean Peyton lost intrest and left his booth with 9 mins to go. LOL

Exactly, I don't care what the score is, you don't take your starting QB out at the half. There is showing mercy and being negligent to your own football team.

I personally don't see what's wrong with running up the score in the first place. You play sports to make statements. As someone said, both teams get paid to do there job to the fullest. You don't get paid to come up short.

I thought hat the way that Brady was going about it was so shameless that I never really cared. Brady ended up playing almost 2 more games than Manning during the regular season. I knew that Brady was going to end up with a blown out knee for it. It took until the next season, but...

I thought hat the way that Brady was going about it was so shameless that I never really cared. Brady ended up playing almost 2 more games than Manning during the regular season. I knew that Brady was going to end up with a blown out knee for it. It took until the next season, but...

Brady broke that record because Belichick wanted him to break the record.

I wouldn't even been that upset if Sean Payton would have given Caldwell another slap in the face with another onside kick early in the game. Just to show that we haven't learned from our past mistakes, because our Kick return team is still retreating more times than paying attention to the ball.

Caldwell would have had to fight Sean Payton after the game to regain his honor. +1.

You have to love the game to make the team. You have to be in love with the game to win. I would make some changes by swapping some offensive players for defense and defensive players on offense. They look burned out and need a little resurrectional change.

You have to love the game to make the team. You have to be in love with the game to win. I would make some changes by swapping some offensive players for defense and defensive players on offense. They look burned out and need a little resurrectional change.

lolwut.jpg