Alright. Gilbert Gardner.

123 go!

Im going to help out

Vincent Burns

Marcus Howard

Micheal Coe

Tim Jennings

Tony Ugoh

Daymean Hughes, Should I keep going.......Alright then...

Roy Hall

Kenyunta Dawson

Quinn Quitcock

Freddie Keiaho

Johnathon Welsh.... And this is just the last 6 yrs.. If people would take off their homer glasses long enough to remember some of the bad from Polian they would realize Polian isn't the Mesiah many claim he is.

Im going to help out Vincent Burns Marcus Howard Micheal Coe Tim Jennings Tony Ugoh Daymean Hughes, Should I keep going.......Alright then... Roy Hall Kenyunta Dawson Quinn Quitcock Freddie Keiaho Johnathon Welsh.... And this is just the last 6 yrs.. If people would take off their homer glasses long enough to remember some of the bad from Polian they would realize Polian isn't the Mesiah many claim he is.
nice,i had gardner and quitcock.forgot about ole vincent"sweetpea" burns i thought he was the next john randle.Everone kneel at st polian's altar. Edited by coltfaninnewyork

Well, I don't think 10 plus wins the last nine years means that Pollian has not done a pretty good job getting the right pieces to the puzzle. Yes, mistakes have been made. Wrong players have been drafted but this is also a business too and sometimes you have to milk the most out of players you messed up on in order to not lose your * with contracts. (Hughes, Brown, Gonzo etc.) Sure we should have won more than 1 SB but we have had a chance for 9 straight years and been to the show twice with 2 other chances if my memory serves me right. Got to have a chance 1st and that has been there.

Now with that said, Caldwell has to go. He has no fire, he has no emotion and I think the players need a different personality to change things up in that locker room. I have never been happy with Caldwell, he did nothing in college, he was forced on us by Dungy in order for Dungy to come back for 1 more season which we all wanted. I think everyone can agree, he gets out coached all the time and that was never more evident than the SB two years ago. The pieces were already in place for his SB run the year after Dungy left so now three years removed we are seeing the real coaching ability and it isn't there. The defensive scheme is horrible, the cover two is no longer the answer and has outgrown its luster. We can't get off the field on 3rd down and forever by dropping back in forever coverage cushion and rush 3 to 4 down lineman. We don't have the DB's to cover without pressure and your only putting them in a position to fail. The defensive scheme is broke, toss it out. Now to the offensive side, it's probable time to get a fresh face in there as well, because running the same scheme for 10 plus years has made us very predictable. We run the same vanilla routes that every team knows were going to run. I don't care who your QB is, if you play in the NFL and your down 50 plus pts, there is no way you should have only 62 total yds passing unless the other team knows exactly what your going to run. Just saying. I don't even need to talk about special teams!

Sure Peyton helps cover a lot of problems with his play and if he were playing it would be different. He's the greatest QB ever and we all see that now if you ever doubted it but this team is in trouble in the locker room. Players aren't playing for Caldwell and he has to be held accountable. I'm a Colts fan and I'm never going to fall off the bandwagon but this fan base wants change and I think we have a right to ask for change. You would have to be blind not to see it. Clean house, get someone with some fire and emotion and change your scheme's. You can't do that through the draft for immediate results so they are going to have to attack free agency and cut some dead weight.

The problem, as I understand it, is personnel based. No coach will find a team without players that fit his system appealing, especially midseason. Almost any serious coach candidate would likely (though I can't verify) wait until the offseason, so he can get some of his own guys in place. For example, if the Colts went after Bill Cowher (who is likely never unretiring), he likely would not want to put his name on a team with few things resembling his signature style. He'd essentially be here coaching guys who aren't quite his scheme and taking some of the credit for the losses. His impact would be practically null at this point. I'm sure he could muster up something, but the team would have little to truly do with him. The exception, of course, is a guy like Herm Edwards. He's ran the 3-4 throughout his career, but he's a Dungy disciple. He can likely run the Tampa 2 but make the proper changes. His teams often run conservative offenses, so I doubt he'd have much of an issue with that (though he likely has little to nothing to actually do with the offense.) I'd assume he'd be more comfortable coming in midseason, as the team is more similar to his days with Dungy than any team Cowher has dealt with.

Of course, the easiest transition midseason would be an in-house guy, and that is infinitely more probable. Clyde, in my opinion, is the guy if Caldwell is not. I'd completely dismiss the chances of an outside candidate coming in midseason.

The problem, as I understand it, is personnel based. No coach will find a team without players that fit his system appealing, especially midseason. Almost any serious coach candidate would likely (though I can't verify) wait until the offseason, so he can get some of his own guys in place. For example, if the Colts went after Bill Cowher (who is likely never unretiring), he likely would not want to put his name on a team with few things resembling his signature style. He'd essentially be here coaching guys who aren't quite his scheme and taking some of the credit for the losses. His impact would be practically null at this point. I'm sure he could muster up something, but the team would have little to truly do with him. The exception, of course, is a guy like Herm Edwards. He's ran the 3-4 throughout his career, but he's a Dungy disciple. He can likely run the Tampa 2 but make the proper changes. His teams often run conservative offenses, so I doubt he'd have much of an issue with that (though he likely has little to nothing to actually do with the offense.) I'd assume he'd be more comfortable coming in midseason, as the team is more similar to his days with Dungy than any team Cowher has dealt with.

Of course, the easiest transition midseason would be an in-house guy, and that is infinitely more probable. Clyde, in my opinion, is the guy if Caldwell is not. I'd completely dismiss the chances of an outside candidate coming in midseason.

The good thing about gettin a new coach is he could essentially use the rest of the season as tryouts for next season. He could evaluate all of the players and get a jump on who is gonna stay or go for nex season.

The problem that I have is people are giving Polian TOO much credit for his 10 winning seasons with the Colts. No, I give him credit for drafting Manning (even though that was the best move because Ryan Leaf was an *) and giving Manning what he needed to put up numbers. I give the credit of those winning seasons to PEYTON MANNING! It is evident who was doing the dirty work for this team. Nothing against Polian, he's a great GM, but Peyton has definitely made him look like a GM God.

His latest tweets basically say that just because we can all see there are problems coming, it doesn't mean it's easy to solve them.

Well if us as fans spotted there were problems ahead, one would hope people within the Franchise would have spotted them and acted to stop them happening, evidently this isn't the case!

Im going to help out

Vincent Burns

Marcus Howard

Micheal Coe

Tim Jennings

Tony Ugoh

Daymean Hughes, Should I keep going.......Alright then...

Roy Hall

Kenyunta Dawson

Quinn Quitcock

Freddie Keiaho

Johnathon Welsh.... And this is just the last 6 yrs.. If people would take off their homer glasses long enough to remember some of the bad from Polian they would realize Polian isn't the Mesiah many claim he is.

Yeah that was money well spent on his jersey.

Or it is becoming more taxing defending Caldwell and Polian.

Just a thought, what if Irsay, Polian, Caldwell and Manning are all in on this rouse.

First they know that Manning is not coming back because of his injury.

Second they are in a conspiracy to lose all the games and draft Luck to be their next Manning.

Third the players don't know what's going on so they look very puzzled as to the coach's appearent incompetenace.

Remember the Colts were 3-13 the year before they drafted Manning.

Edited by ponys

Just a thought, what if Irsay, Polian, Caldwell and Manning are all in on this rouse.

First they know that Manning is not coming back because of his injury.

Second they are in a conspiracy to lose all the games and draft Luck to be their next Manning.

Third the players don't know what's going on so they look very puzzled as to the coach's appearent incompetenace.

Remember the Colts were 3-13 the year before they drafted Manning.

for a split second i thought about that yesterday. its all a ploy to maybe not just get Luck, but really draft earlier in the rounds to get decent players that can push us over the edge for a couple of SBs. then the thought just as quickly faded.

I think at this point it is pretty clear that Colt fan is massivily overreacting. I saw a news story last night on Channel 6 about the Colts themed bar up in the Castleton area that is hurting for business because how the Colts are playing. What a laugher, here is a wonderful place to go, eat, drink and have a good time and just because the Colts are having an offseason his business is down? I don't live anywhere close to that place but I am going to make sure to visit more just to help the guy out.

Also, I wonder if Raven fans are going bonkers this morning? I mean really lose to a 1 win team, only have 16 yards of offense in the first half and lose to a very average rookie QB on national TV's biggest weekly game...Oh my...

I think at this point it is pretty clear that Colt fan is massivily overreacting. I saw a news story last night on Channel 6 about the Colts themed bar up in the Castleton area that is hurting for business because how the Colts are playing. What a laugher, here is a wonderful place to go, eat, drink and have a good time and just because the Colts are having an offseason his business is down? I don't live anywhere close to that place but I am going to make sure to visit more just to help the guy out.

Also, I wonder if Raven fans are going bonkers this morning? I mean really lose to a 1 win team, only have 16 yards of offense in the first half and lose to a very average rookie QB on national TV's biggest weekly game...Oh my...

Who cares about the Ravens?Or there fans. That was a bad game, we have real problems. Edited by LUVTHESHOE

Who cares about the Ravens?Or there fans. That was a bad game, we have real problems.

No we have "A" problem. Our problem is our defensive scheme and the players we presently have on the roster. Something that with the right hire at DC and a couple of drafts can solve.

No we have "A" problem. Our problem is our defensive scheme and the players we presently have on the roster. Something that with the right hire at DC and a couple of drafts can solve.

lmao he's right we just have A problem. Its just one season. Atleast the saints didn't score 100. It's not a big deal guys we won't lose every week. We do have a bye week you know. Give me a break

Agree, when I watched our defense, I thought that we were playing the Tampa 2 but without the players to pull it off.

What I mean is Coyer or whoever has changed a lot of the player type that aren't fast enough to play the cover 2.

A loss is a loss, this idea that sunday's loss is any worse then the other 6 is laughable.

Ur joking right. Sundays loss was worse then the other 6. And for u to say it's not is truly laughable. And to say u would rather lose like we did Sunday instead of how the dolphins did is crazy. Atleast the dolphins were competitive and were in a position to win the game.

Ur joking right. Sundays loss was worse then the other 6. And for u to say it's not is truly laughable. And to say u would rather lose like we did Sunday instead of how the dolphins did is crazy. Atleast the dolphins were competitive and were in a position to win the game.

Just the other night the Texas Rangers got hammered 16-7 in game 3 of the World Series...guess what, no big deal they came back the next night and shut out the Cards. Last year towards the end of the season the Pats HAMMERED THE JETS in a regular season game, but come the playoffs the Jets beat up on the Pats. A loss is a loss.

Don't take the bait, these posts have no facts or data, just meant to rile people up. Edited by LUVTHESHOE

I asked this question a while back in another thread but never saw an answer....if the Colts were to fire Caldwell now, then I also assume Clyde would be named interim coach. The question....do they then have to wait until the end of the season to interview candidates that are not currently within the organization. Obviously I know that they have to wait in order to interview someone who is currently on staff with another team, but guys like Billick, Cowher, Fisher etc are currently not on any team's coaching staff so could they be brought in mid-season for interviews and be hired if one was decided on? I'm not saying this should be done because it would be best to consider all possible candidates and that would include guys who are currently employed as coordinators and/or head coaches for other teams. So I hope I'm making this clear...I'm not suggesting this is what the Colts should do, and I say that even considering Billick has always been atop my wish list....I'm simply curious if they would even be allowed because I honestly am not sure at this point what the rule is for this type of situation.

the rooney rule is in place

Just the other night the Texas Rangers got hammered 16-7 in game 3 of the World Series...guess what, no big deal they came back the next night and shut out the Cards. Last year towards the end of the season the Pats HAMMERED THE JETS in a regular season game, but come the playoffs the Jets beat up on the Pats. A loss is a loss.

Hey, how about you give your same old tired post a freaking rest and get back to defending the list of draft picks we've compiled that leave no doubt of Polian and the Colts' inability to do wrong...

123 go!

PLAYOFFS?!?! DON'T TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! I JUST HOPE WE CAN WIN A GAME

the rooney rule is in place

What does the Rooney rule have to do with the question I asked? They could simply interview an in-house position coach (Ricky Thomas, Rod Perry, Richard Howell, Alan Williams etc) in order to comply with the Rooney Rule.

Don't take the bait, these posts have no facts or data, just meant to rile people up.

EXACTLY!! :D

Not joking at all. On sunday we got hammered by a much better team. Meanwhile the Dolphins were beating an inferior team to thiers, had the game shown up with around 3 minutes to play and a 15 point lead and they lose? Sorry getting smashed in the mouth hurts like it did for us on sunday, getting kicked in the balls like the Dolphins did hurts for a much longer time.

Not joking at all. On sunday we got hammered by a much better team. Meanwhile the Dolphins were beating an inferior team to thiers, had the game shown up with around 3 minutes to play and a 15 point lead and they lose? Sorry getting smashed in the mouth hurts like it did for us on sunday, getting kicked in the balls like the Dolphins did hurts for a much longer time.

I would take a close loss over 62-7 and if you ask fans which Way they would rather lose ibthink they agree

123 go!

Hey, how about you give your same old tired post a freaking rest and get back to defending the list of draft picks we've compiled that leave no doubt of Polian and the Colts' inability to do wrong...

Still waiting to be enlightened....

Starting to think I'm being ignored because you can't brew up any kool-Aid wacky enough to come up with a sensible answer. (Not that any of your others have been...)

123 go!