Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Solutions In Progress But Complex In Nature

grmasterb

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate all these * "Irsay needs to stop Tweeting and get to working on the team" Like the man isn't allowed a few seconds to tell his fans he's sorry? I mean yeah he "tweets alot"(I don't even have a twitter account myself), but at least he's communicating that he understands we should be embarrassed and hopefully this starts a lot of changes in our franchise(coaches, front office, players(Hughes, Gonzalez, Brown, etc). I really hope this season shows him how much needs to be done, I hope to see at least 6 new starters next year, especially our cornerbacks...they are the worst(and they blow on Madden too :P).

I just wonder how many super bowls we could've won with a halfway decent team around Manning...we need to make that happen in the offseason and have a good couple last shots with Manning.

Edited by Mitch

I agree with firing Caldwell. At this point, what is there really to lose???? Bring in Mel Kiper has coach!! lol Seriously, why not give Tressel a try. What has Caldwell succeeded at? He was a failed college coach who hung onto Dungy coattails as a pro and that readied him? I think once Manning is back, a wooden Indian could coach the team into the the playoffs. But right now, we need a real coach to actual win games. The game planning is just horrible!

I agree with firing Caldwell. At this point, what is there really to lose???? Bring in Mel Kiper has coach!! lol Seriously, why not give Tressel a try. What has Caldwell succeeded at? He was a failed college coach who hung onto Dungy coattails as a pro and that readied him? I think once Manning is back, a wooden Indian could coach the team into the the playoffs. But right now, we need a real coach to actual win games. The game planning is just horrible!

do not fire him now,we want that number one pick!

I feel so bad for manning. Imagine what manning's career could of been if he had been in an organization like Pittsburgh or new England. He could of had many super bowls. We really let him down.

Don't just feel bad for Manning. Feel bad for the other 52 players on the team also.

They are not going to fire Jim in the middle of the season. Nobody on staff is capable of stepping up and doing anything with this team.

Also, not everything is Caldwell's fault this season. The front office for years neglected the defense and offensive line and built this team around one person. They built a defense that is predicated on having the lead to produce. Our offensive line has usually been cast offs or UDFA because of how well Manning can diagnose a defense and get the right pass protection. To me as much as everyone wants to blame Caldwell and wants his head on a platter most of the blame should be at the feet of the Polian's. With that said given the past success of Polian we all know who will fall on the sword first.

What do you mean no one is capable of stepping up and doing something with this team....It cant get any worse pal!

Caldwell is a boob of the highest order...but I will agree he will make it the rest of the season...then Irsay will have all he needs to send him off to ruin some college team somewhere.

I heard our next home game is "Helmet day" anyone who brings their own helmet can play!

Caldwell went 26-63 at Wake Forest as we all know. At what point does failure translate to action. It took 89 games for Wake to figure it out. Let's not wait that long.

yup.. Fire Jim

also +1 to Manning as interim HC (that will never happen but not the worst idea.. the worst idea is letting Jim stick this out)

What do you mean no one is capable of stepping up and doing something with this team....It cant get any worse pal!

Caldwell is a boob of the highest order...but I will agree he will make it the rest of the season...then Irsay will have all he needs to send him off to ruin some college team somewhere.

I heard our next home game is "Helmet day" anyone who brings their own helmet can play!

I wanna play but I know I would end up on the IR!

I'm not sure why he feel he has to apologize to the fans.We don't have ownership in the team.No offense to anyone,but if there are fans that are so unhappy that they feel they are entitled to a apology,they don't have to watch or go to the games.Appreciate the apology gesture,but I don't really see any obligation to people who are going to support them regardless of the outcome.

I was referring to who is on the current coaching staff would be able to step in on an interim bases and do anything with this team. Coyer, Christensen, Turner would do nothing with this team. I guess they can pull the sweater vest out of this play review position and see what he can do. :nono2:

I don't think it's very complex at all. Fire everyone and start over now so a new coaching staff and FO can get a head start on next season.

Agreed, Do it now, Polian you want Luck so bad I'm sure they'd hire you in Miami, (they don't mind wasting great quarterbacks with teams that aren't capable of winning the big one)

Caldwell, don't know who'd take you but bye, bye.

Don't just feel bad for Manning. Feel bad for the other 52 players on the team also.

I dO for a few other players but very rarely does a Peyton manning come along. He is maybe the best of all time and Irsay and the colts failed to put the proper weapons around him. He works so hard and he has one ring. He should have more then one that's all I was saying. Of course I feel bad for all the players but especially him because his talent and work ethic. That's just how I feel not saying you should feel the same.

I doubt it.

Until something is done, I see this as Irsay trying to calm fans down by saying something will be done when it in fact will not, and later on claiming things were done behind closed doors when Peyton comes back and covers up all the bad again.

Im not sure even Peyton can cover up THIS bad anymore

Edited by FanFromtheWasteland

I would be curious to hear Peyton's view of the coaching staff, and the decisions they make. He has a front row seat to the games. I wonder if he is sitting there thinking "That was a good call." or if he is sitting there thinking "What are you doing calling that play?" I am just curious if he feels the same way about the coaches as we all do.

I think the players on the staff speaks volumes.I am sure the players don't want to have to start throwing coaches

under the bus, but i think you will start hearing more of it.

Jon Gruden or Bill Cower anyone?

They get calls on a non-stop basis, and both have stated they are happy where they are. What in the world makes people bring these two names up every day as if they would jump to work for this organization? Gruden gushes about Manning; big deal. He gushes about every player on every team. Cowher, Polian, and Manning wouldn't play nice together, as each like to be in absolute control.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that both have publicly stated they don't want to come back to coaching?

Edited by doogansquest

I'm not a doctor and I hate to say it,but Manning probably won't be back this season.And to be realistic,there is a possibility that he may not play again.Those are some fairly serious procedures he had done and he has to be realistic and weigh his options of playing and complicating the injuries,I've heard paralysis is a possible result.

I'm not sure why he feel he has to apologize to the fans.We don't have ownership in the team.No offense to anyone,but if there are fans that are so unhappy that they feel they are entitled to a apology,they don't have to watch or go to the games.Appreciate the apology gesture,but I don't really see any obligation to people who are going to support them regardless of the outcome.

As a season ticket holder, I'll accept the apology! I expect to see more, especially for the price of my tickets. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the change

As a season ticket holder, I'll accept the apology! I expect to see more, especially for the price of my tickets. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the change

Exactly. I spent my money on season tickets and accept the apology.

They get calls on a non-stop basis, and both have stated they are happy where they are. What in the world makes people bring these two names up every day as if they would jump to work for this organization? Gruden gushes about Manning; big deal. He gushes about every player on every team. Cowher, Polian, and Manning wouldn't play nice together, as each like to be in absolute control.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that both have publicly stated they don't want to come back to coaching?

Why did Gruden have ESPN put an out clause in his contract then that says he can walk away at anytime to go back to coaching? Also, im pretty sure Cowher has stated he will go back to coaching in the right situation. To my knowledge he has never said he wouldn't coach again.

Edited by Balzer40

Im not sure even Peyton can cover up THIS bad anymore

I have doubts of my own about that as well, but the idea is the only positive we have at the moment so let's hold on to it.

He would cover it up for the most part. We would be 4-2 at worst. Maybe even 5-1, with a better performance against Houston. KC gave them a lot of points/short fields in that one that I don't see Manning giving them. Last night he would have had to be as flawless as Brees was, and it would have been one of those Manning/Trent Green shoot outs we've seen before. Whoever had the ball last would have been the winner was the best we could hope for last night so in that case we likely would have lost.

I say he would cover it up for the most part, but against the better teams, NO, NE,BLT, and to the like it would be a struggle. Manning would have to be flawless unless the defense exceeded expectations. That has always been the case. For the most part Manning is enough to win 10-12+ games in the regular season but when you start facing playoff teams, it's harder to continue that process.

Why did Gruden have ESPN put an out clause in his contract then that says he can walk away at anytime to go back to coaching? Also, im pretty sure Cowher has stated he will go back to coaching in the right situation. To my knowledge he has never said he wouldn't coach again.

Heard on espn {i think,but did hear it on tv yesterday}that cowher is interested in dolphin job.

This is correct.

not so sure about Cowher anymore, however I agree with your assesment.

They both will return to coaching when and if it's the right situation. If not, they will remain around the game they love, get paid millions to talk about it and have an undefeated record each and every week/season.

With Polian here, and the likelihood that both Gruden and Cowher would want more of a say in the "Grocery buying" process I don't see the Colts as a good fit for either one, even though each of them would be a huge upgrade to Caldwell.

I could see Miami giving either of the two more authority than they would have here, and high draft pick possibly # 1, and that could be a better situation for either of them.

Heard on espn {i think,but did hear it on tv yesterday}that cowher is interested in dolphin job.

Yeah, I heard it too last week. It was reported in a Miami newspaper that Cowher had bought a house in the Miami area. Don't know how true it is, but they were talking about it last week on ESPN or NFL Network(can't remember which).

I want to talk a little about expectations. I expect this team to compete every week! No, I don't expect us to be the same team as if 18 was under center, but I do expect us to compete! We arguably have our best d-line rotation and linebacker core in recent years. Our secondary is questionable to say the least, but full of young guys who I think will develop into quality players. We aren't lacking talent on this team, we are lacking coaching!

We have talent on both sides of the ball and are without leadership. We don't have a coaching staff. I expect more from this team! Plain and simple!! I don't blame the guys for giving up. Until coaching changes are made, things will remain the same. "Nothing changes if nothing changes" I hope Irsay is embarrassed..He ought to be. Now he has to step up and make those changes!!

The problem seems to be that the coaching staff wants the players to "self-coach". An example is Freeney and Mathis - obviously very talented players - but they have become ineffective because they are just doing whatever they want to do, and doing that consistently (playing naturally only works on sand lots). This problem has been with the Colts for years. There hasn't been any real coaching for a long, long time. We need a coach, not a philosopher.

If Peyton Manning were to come back, I wouldn't expect much improvement (maybe we'd be 2 - 5 instead of 0 - 7). It will take years.