Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good news for TY

ColtsFanMikeC

It seems like the past few weeks opposing defenses have figured out how to shut down TY when he has no true threat along-side him.

Hopefully the game by Rogers and Brazzill yesterday is going to force teams to focus a little bit less on TY and open up some monster plays for him.

I think teams will need to see a couple more games of production before they take their focus away from Hilton.

I think teams will need to see a couple more games of production before they take their focus away from Hilton.

Perhaps, but if that is the case, hopefully we will see a couple more big games from Da'Rick and Brazzill -- after that Rams game when TY went off (353 total yards of passing), we have seen (232, 163, and 200 yards of passing) until yesterday we saw 326 yards.  Our run game struggled, but we also went down early so didn't have a lot of time to try to establish it -- still, the fact that we kept Luck clean and got up over 300 yards in the air again is a good sign, and IMO will mean teams will probably look to stop Rogers a little bit and open TY up for a few big plays, or they'll remain focused on TY and hopefully our other weapons can keep making plays.

Just nice to see a WR other than TY finally have a solid game for us since R.W. went down.

Not so sure that teams have been focusing on him.

More of just not letting him getting behind them.
And he isn`t that good of a route runner/getting seperation..

Out of necessity more short throws.

Most of all, Andrew isn`t throwing well/accurately. He had SOME good time to throw yesterday and threw several Bad, High, Late... samo.

Hopefully Luck will continue to hit Rodgers, Fleener and Brazill....with a catch or two from 'Colonel Drops' too...alias D to the H to the B!

You could tell Luck had a lot of trust in Rogers that gae. Consistently saw him as the first or second read from Luck as the game progressed.

Perhaps, but if that is the case, hopefully we will see a couple more big games from Da'Rick and Brazzill -- after that Rams game when TY went off (353 total yards of passing), we have seen (232, 163, and 200 yards of passing) until yesterday we saw 326 yards.  Our run game struggled, but we also went down early so didn't have a lot of time to try to establish it -- still, the fact that we kept Luck clean and got up over 300 yards in the air again is a good sign, and IMO will mean teams will probably look to stop Rogers a little bit and open TY up for a few big plays, or they'll remain focused on TY and hopefully our other weapons can keep making plays.

Just nice to see a WR other than TY finally have a solid game for us since R.W. went down.

Hopefully Luck will continue to hit Rodgers, Fleener and Brazill....with a catch or two from 'Colonel Drops' too...alias D to the H to the B!

A lot of "hopefully"(s) in these quotes.  Yes, hopefully it all starts to happen that way and hopefully DHB sees the light and makes the most of his opportunities from now on but until the "hopefully" becomes "finally", defenses won't stop focusing on Hilton.

A lot of "hopefully"(s) in these quotes.  Yes, hopefully it all starts to happen that way and hopefully DHB sees the light and makes the most of his opportunities from now on but until the "hopefully" becomes "finally", defenses won't stop focusing on Hilton.

Good stuff coffee....I have finally lost my hopefullys as to DHB.....:)

Not so sure that teams have been focusing on him.

More of just not letting him getting behind them.

And he isn`t that good of a route runner/getting seperation..

Out of necessity more short throws.

Most of all, Andrew isn`t throwing well/accurately. He had SOME good time to throw yesterday and threw several Bad, High, Late... samo.

broken-record-765056.jpg

We get it already!  Luck is the worst QB ever.  Can you please find another whipping boy now?  This one's almost dead.

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of going to Rogers but one really great game does not make this kid a threat to the league. I will say what he did and how he did it was quite nice to see after watching bricks drop pass after pass when it's thrown at his hands. A big guy with speed catching with his hands, nice!

Does anyone else notice that fleener gets 1 crucial 1st down early on ,than after that he gets 0 targets besides a few highly contested flat routes?

I said that in a thread ewrlier, he gets a big completion and then not thrown at again for ??? While DHB drops pass after pass and Luck keeps throwing back to him. Not sure whether this is route selction that makes DHB the first read after those drops or if the others are just so covered Luck has to go back to brick hands. I just don't like the routes they set up for luck and while I don't think it's a good idea to keep throwing to a guy who catches a good ball, you have to at least keep a hot hand in some rhythm with multiple looks.

I'm pretty sure TY is playing inured.

TY looked defeated the other day when he caught those short 3 yard passes and got tackled. Maybe he is hurt and that was his expression of disgust that he couldn't excellerate or get that first down rather than he was getting the ball and he was frustrated. Another offseason of working out with Luck on the route tree and we should see much improvement on TY'S route running.

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of going to Rogers but one really great game does not make this kid a threat to the league. I will say what he did and how he did it was quite nice to see after watching bricks drop pass after pass when it's thrown at his hands. A big guy with speed catching with his hands, nice!

There was definitely a lot to like about Rogers.  Most impressive to me was his ability to come out of his breaks full speed.  I saw him round his route a couple of times but for the most part it was plant, cut, accelerate.

TBH I might be wrong, but it seemed Rogers beat his man off the press/any coverage put on him... Again i'll trust the more intelligent football fans here to confirm but it seemed like his physicality was showing.

Not many will be able to play press successfully against Rogers. He's too big and strong.