Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bengals Ranting Thread

Dustin

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

colts gave to make a stop and get a TD for that horrible call to be a real factor. Right now they are just getting beat. The no TDs in the first half since October is slot more bother some and yes I want Tripplet fired or demoted for that call based on his history. He screwed up last week, the coin flip game on Thanksgiving years ago, and threw a flag in players eye. How many mistakes do you get a ref?

apparently a ref is allowed to make as many mistakes as he wants until he decides to retire. but if a player gets mad and yells at a ref for a bad call its a penalty. 

apparently a ref is allowed to make as many mistakes as he wants until he decides to retire. but if a player gets mad and yells at a ref for a bad call its a penalty. 

Well hopefuly this is one too many.  Kravitz said Grigson spent all of halftime on the phone with the head of officials and Irsay was on the phone with Goodell. 

With that said He gave up 7, Colts defense gave up 35 and the Colts still haven't scored a first half TD since October.  Those are much bigger reasons for concern.  The defense makes any kind of plays or we do anything in the first half we probably win this game. 

Well hopefuly this is one too many.  Kravitz said Grigson spent all of halftime on the phone with the head of officials and Irsay was on the phone with Goodell. 

With that said He gave up 7, Colts defense gave up 35 and the Colts still haven't scored a first half TD since October.  Those are much bigger reasons for concern.  The defense makes any kind of plays or we do anything in the first half we probably win this game. 

well with Cinci having to play both PItts and Baltimore still and New England playing like crap and still having to play Baltimore to go with a loss today in cleveland it looks like, IF we can win out (doubtful with KC still left) and New England loses another game in the final 3 and cinci lose two of the final three we can get the 2nd seed still. it's a lot that has to happen and very tough to do but it can happen. that being said i think the best we get is the 3rd seed, but think we will end up with the 4th seed and play KC again at home. 

Defense gave up 42 with no turnovers from the offense. Usually, when you give up 40+, some turnovers and short fields are part of the equation. The Bengals just marched up and down the field.

Luck and Rogers both had monster days against a very, very good defense in Cincinnati. 28 second half points and no turnovers, and they still lose by 14. Defense was awful.

So is Pep ever going to adjust or are we just going to continue doing the same old crap and fall behind every half? We continue to try and be this power run team and then get stuffed because we do not have the line for it. Luck never gets into a rhythm and to much pressure is put on the defense.

Then we fall behind by multiple scores and then we unleash Luck. We start running screens and quicker routes to get the ball to outré covers quicker and run out of passing formations. This gives Brown and Trent more room to work. Then we rely on playing a mediocre QB that we hope screws up.

Pep must adjust his plan according to the personnel we have now. He has failed to do that for the past month and thankfully we have played crappy teams like the Titans.

So is Pep ever going to adjust or are we just going to continue doing the same old crap and fall behind every half? We continue to try and be this power run team and then get stuffed because we do not have the line for it. Luck never gets into a rhythm and to much pressure is put on the defense.

Then we fall behind by multiple scores and then we unleash Luck. We start running screens and quicker routes to get the ball to outré covers quicker and run out of passing formations. This gives Brown and Trent more room to work. Then we rely on playing a mediocre QB that we hope screws up.

Pep must adjust his plan according to the personnel we have now. He has failed to do that for the past month and thankfully we have played crappy teams like the Titans.

Pep needs to be fired......seriously.

The more I see Andrew luck I think he might be the most inaccurate accurate passer I have ever seen. He has great touch on the deep ball but most of his passes are high or behind his receivers.

You must watch virtually no football if that's the case.

First post, but I've been reading for a few years now.

I'm a Colts fan from Baltimore and am a regular poster on the Orioles message boards, a team that has been pretty awful for the past 15+ years and I thought O's fans were negative until reading the posts on these boards.  That being said I could barely watch the defense play today, they really haven't looked good since the first half of the Denver game.  Also, I believe that botched call by Triplette changed the complexion of the game to such a point that it was impossible for the Colts to win.

I am hopeful for this season though.  Lately it seems that its not the team that just cruises through the regular season that wins the SB.

First post, but I've been reading for a few years now.

I'm a Colts fan from Baltimore and am a regular poster on the Orioles message boards, a team that has been pretty awful for the past 15+ years and I thought O's fans were negative until reading the posts on these boards.  That being said I could barely watch the defense play today, they really haven't looked good since the first half of the Denver game.  Also, I believe that botched call by Triplette changed the complexion of the game to such a point that it was impossible for the Colts to win.

I am hopeful for this season though.  Lately it seems that its not the team that just cruises through the regular season that wins the SB.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here :)

I too am hopeful, and am trying to stay positive !!!  It's hard sometimes  LOL

You must watch virtually no football if that's the case.

Luck is accurately inaccurate. He gets the ball most of the time in the window for a good receiver to catch the ball but not to the point where these receivers can catch it.

I watch plenty of football, this is an opinion I stand by. Thanks for playing though, here is a lovely parting gift.

Luck is accurately inaccurate. He gets the ball most of the time in the window for a good receiver to catch the ball but not to the point where these receivers can catch it.

I watch plenty of football, this is an opinion I stand by. Thanks for playing though, here is a lovely parting gift.

I can name 10 worse passers in the NFL right now. You either don't watch as much football as you think. Or have no idea how to evaluate QBs to say Luck is the worst passer you have ever seen.

The last two touchdowns we scored where with the Bengals playing soft...the game was no where near as close as the score.

except one problem the colts were moving the ball easily in the second half they just could not stop them at all and 14 point loss is better than a 30 or 29 point loss but I also don't believe in moral victories I don't put this loss on the colts offense at all I put it on the defense and ST.

I can name 10 worse passers in the NFL right now. You either don't watch as much football as you think. Or have no idea how to evaluate QBs to say Luck is the worst passer you have ever seen.

Your comprehension skills aren't that good.

He is the most inaccurate accurate passer.

Try and comprehend that.

I never said he was the worst passer I have ever seen.

Your comprehension skills aren't that good.

He is the most inaccurate accurate passer.

Try and comprehend that.

I never said he was the worst passer I have ever seen.

You're kidding right? What do you think defines a good passer? Because accuracy is as close to the top of that definition as you can get.

Backtrack as much as you'd like, doesn't change that fact that he is neither the worst passer, my words, or the most inaccurate one, your words. If you really think he is the most inaccurate EVER you don't understand what it is you're watching in QBs.

You're kidding right? What do you think defines a good passer? Because accuracy is as close to the top of that definition as you can get.

Backtrack as much as you'd like, doesn't change that fact that he is neither the worst passer, my words, or the most inaccurate one, your words. If you really think he is the most inaccurate EVER you don't understand what it is you're watching in QBs.

Nobody is backtracking anything, he is accurately inaccurate. Read them all again, comprehend the sentence. If you can't or don't comprehend that, then don't argue about it.

Nobody is backtracking anything, he is accurately inaccurate. Read them all again, comprehend the sentence. If you can't or don't comprehend that, then don't argue about it.

lmao.

I like how you're acting like you wrote some literary masterpiece, that I couldn't possibly, no matter how many attempts at reading it, comprehend.

You wrote something that was completely inaccurate(IRONY) it wasn't hard to see that you were either;

A) being purposefully over the top

B) know nothing about QBs.

Not that complex buddy.

The worst offense you can run with a weak o-line is under center, inside running, deep 5-7 step drops with or without play Action. That's EXACTLY what Pep has been stubbornly trying to force feed in the first halves of these games.  Hence the Colts are always down at halftime.

The cure is..

Shotgun for the majority of snaps (not just when you're down 21+), Quick passing with shots as they are allowed, delays and screens.

It's seems painfully obvious...

Why is Pep allergic to slants?????????

I think we ran one maybe two screen tops?

Also, we didn't throw a single pass to a RB out of the backfield until they went prevent defense. Are you serious?

we should be throwing to the backs 10 times a game