Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

coby fleener playing wide receiver

coming on strong

I believe with the recent struggles at wide receiver it would benefit the colts to play coby fleener in the slot standing at all times ,since he is not a great blocker but more a tall speedy pass catching tightend .   I feel like having coby play traditional tight end affects his best quality his speed , and by standing at the line he could get separation quicker.

I also like what i see out of jack doyle blocking wise and he has pretty good hands . What is your guys opinion on the line up of hilton, and rogers as wr's coby in the slot and jack doyle at tightend?

Throw in the kitchen sink, whatever it takes to get this offense moving. Wildcat? Anyone? :huthut:

Luck is too big to run wild cat. Rg3 and kaepernick are skinny and can move allot faster.

It would be a good experiment to get the offense moving but just for this year

I believe with the recent struggles at wide receiver it would benefit the colts to play coby fleener in the slot standing at all times ,since he is not a great blocker but more a tall speedy pass catching tightend .   I feel like having coby play traditional tight end affects his best quality his speed , and by standing at the line he could get separation quicker.

I also like what i see out of jack doyle blocking wise and he has pretty good hands . What is your guys opinion on the line up of hilton, and rogers as wr's coby in the slot and jack doyle at tightend?

How about DHB at TE?  I think someone may have already mentioned this, and it's not a bad idea.  He's more effective with the short passes and is big enough to block - at least as well as Fleener.

Wouldn't hurt to spread him out a bit more. We will see a lot of it in future years when we have Dwayne Allen back.. His injury hurt this offense quite a bit. I know we were still putting up points, but we lost a heck of a player when he went down week 1

playing te he get lbs to defend him, if he played receiver he would have cbs defend him, would that make a difference?

Variety is the spice of offense. He is used in lots of ways hopefully making him hard to find at times.

I like Doyle so that is a nice option. Keeping Coby matched against LB`s and Safeties is how to get the most out of him.

Getting Andrew & friends better within 15 yards and on Hot Reads is the big challenge. As a unit they are somewhat dysfunctional at this time.

If Coby is doing great at TE why take him out of his element?

Funny you mention the pistol offense. The Colts have that in their playbook on Madden 25.

Pep Hamilton has been holding out on us!!!!! :reaction:

Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano have been holding out on us. They said they did not want Pep to let Luck run and offense like that.

Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano have been holding out on us. They said they did not want Pep to let Luck run and offense like that.

They (Pagano) said they didn't want to run the read-option. They didn't say anything about using the pistol formation.