Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RJF: Out several weeks....

NewColtsFan

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd put it in circulation...

Rick Jean Francois is out two to four weeks with a planter facia injury that is not supposed to be as bad as the one Bjorn Werner suffered.    Pagano speaks highly of RJF here...

http://blogs.colts.com/2013/12/03/pagano-talks-ricky-jean-francois-injury-sergio-browns-pro-bowl-hopes-and-more-on-radio-show/

Also, read on the Colts blog that Linkenbach, who filled in for McGlynn, also suffered a minor injury and will be out this week.    It's not clear who will be playing RG this week,  but it doesn't seem like McGlynn as of this writing....

And the hits just keep on coming.............

I still believe in these Colts, but to be quite frank, it's difficult to get hyped about anything other than winning the division.  Anything can happen, I'll be pulling for them and the whole 9 yards.  But because of all these injuries, my expectations on the post season have been shot, and thus, any desire to get my hopes up.  Sigh...

I still believe in these Colts, but to be quite frank, it's difficult to get hyped about anything other than winning the division.  Anything can happen, I'll be pulling for them and the whole 9 yards.  But because of all these injuries, my expectations on the post season have been shot, and thus, any desire to get my hopes up.  Sigh...

Yep. If the Colts were a stock, I would've sold out my shares weeks ago. This could still be a dangerous darkhorse riding into the post season, poised to take out a "better" team and send them home. Not really counting on anything beyond a possible game 1 upset. 

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd put it in circulation...

Rick Jean Francois is out two to four weeks with a planter facia injury that is not supposed to be as bad as the one Bjorn Werner suffered.    Pagano speaks highly of RJF here...

Not sure if you noticed, but Pagano speaks highly of EVERY player he is coaching...the exaggerates the living daylights out of his description of his players so much that his credibility is greatly diminished.  You need to take what Pagano says with a grain of salt...actually make that a pound of salt...perhaps several pounds of salt.

I just laugh at him now in his pressers when he talks about a player.

Not sure if you noticed, but Pagano speaks highly of EVERY player he is coaching...the exaggerates the living daylights out of his description of his players so much that his credibility is greatly diminished.  You need to take what Pagano says with a grain of salt...actually make that a pound of salt...perhaps several pounds of salt.

You and I see Pagano very differently.    Doubt we're going to find much common ground on that topic.

So,  I'll simply leave it with agreeing to disagree........

I charted RJF in this game. I had him +6 against the run (17 plays, 6 positive, 0 negative), -1 against the pass (11 plays, 1 positive, 2 negative). That's a pretty strong game.

This kind of charting is always subjective. If I think he won a matchup, he gets a positive. If I think he lost a matchup, he gets a negative. If the matchup was a wash, it's a 0. Someone else might get a different result from watching the same plays; 'tis the inherent issue with taking PFF's ratings at faace value.

Just for whatever it's worth.

You can disagree with someone's comments all day long...it doesn't really make you right or agreeable.  All it really does is sets yourself on an island...and its your word versus Pagano's, or PFFs, or whomever your source is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...while i'ts okay to disagree...you play with a different consequence when you call yourteam's coach's credibility into question.