Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton now 2-0 in big games this year

oldunclemark

Guest TeamLoloJones

Should say 2-2

How was New England not a big game?

And how was returning to Indy not a big game?

He is 0-2 vs. the teams closest to the Broncos in playoff seeding.

Should say 2-2

How was New England not a big game?

And how was returning to Indy not a big game?

He is 0-2 vs. the teams closest to the Broncos in playoff seeding.

Actually he's 2-0 against the team with the closest record to his teams, which in essence is closer and more important in terms of playoff seeding.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Actually he's 2-0 against the team with the closest record to his teams, which in essence is closer and more important in terms of playoff seeding.

I didn't say the Kansas City games were less important.  But how can you say that the New England and Indy games were not big games?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Lolo..the games that mattered ( not just media hype) were the division games with KC

....NE was not as big as KC....in any way..and Peyton was more embarassed by the Indy game...neither will keep them from the No.1 seed in the AFC

The New England game didn't matter?  Ok buddy. Ok.

You can put as much lipstick on this pig as you want but he lost in the two biggest "statement" games this year.

At Indy where everyone and their uncle (no pun intended) thought he would carve us up out of revenge and hate for the big bad Irsay.

And at NE where the annual Manning/Brady Bowl is instant bragging rights.

Beating KC and Alex Smith twice is good since it's his own division rival but it's about as sexy as us being 4-0 in our garbage division right now.

But the truth is.....NE and Indy were big MEDIA games..

Denver's stated goal was to win the division again and be home for the playoffs.

..which they now will be.

KC was the No.1 team in the NFL for 9 games....tell the truth

It's almost impossible to seriously argue that the two KC games were the biggest ones..

So anyone still saying Manning struggles in big games is like saying Kim Kardashian is burdened by her great talent

Guest TeamLoloJones

But the truth is.....NE and Indy were big MEDIA games..

Denver's stated goal was to win the division again and be home for the playoffs.

..which they now will be.

KC was the No.1 team in the NFL for 9 games....tell the truth

It's almost impossible to seriously argue that the two KC games were the biggest ones..

So anyone still saying Manning struggles in big games is like saying Kim Kardashian is burdened by her great talent

Stop it...just stop it.  The Broncos have not locked up the one seed yet.  But if they had beaten the Pats and the Colts, then they would have it locked up.  So explain to me how they are not big games?

I didn't say the Kansas City games were less important. But how can you say that the New England and Indy games were not big games?

I didn't say they weren't big games. All I'm saying is that the Kansas City games were tied more directly to Denver's playoff seeding.

As much as I love peyton manning, when it comes to him and big games he seems to disappoint.  That reason alone is why i think it was a good idea to draft luck rather keeping manning.  

I don't count the chief as a big game, because they are in the division and the only teams they beat so far had their backup QB

The 2 big games the broncos played so far is Pats and our Colts and manning is 0-2.  Don't get me wrong, my favorite football player is Peyton, but i do get disappointed when he doesn't win those big games.  Peyton is too gifted and talented to only have 1 Super Bowl.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

I didn't say they weren't big games. All I'm saying is that the Kansas City games were tied more directly to Denver's playoff seeding.

The thread title is 2-0 in big games, not 2-0 in the biggest 2 games...that seems to be the point you and Mark are missing.

Winning division games is what matters during the regular season..

..and beating your division leader when you are trailing them and later tied with them is as big as it can get until the post-season....

Think about it...

Had the Broncos defeated NE and Indy but lost twice to KC, they'd be 10-2, KC would be 11-1 and headed for the No. 1 seed...right ?

...Case pretty much closed, huh?

I sort of agree with Teamlolo, in terms of "big games", manning is 2-1. I wouldn't call the game againts INDY, that big outside of it being a big media game, but the one against new england was huge in terms of seeding. Manning is 2-0 in the 2 biggest games of the season, but 2-1 in games of very high importance.

As much as I love peyton manning, when it comes to him and big games he seems to disappoint.  That reason alone is why i think it was a good idea to draft luck rather keeping manning.  

I don't count the chief as a big game, because they are in the division and the only teams they beat so far had their backup QB

The 2 big games the broncos played so far is Pats and our Colts and manning is 0-2.  Don't get me wrong, my favorite football player is Peyton, but i do get disappointed when he doesn't win those big games.  Peyton is too gifted and talented to only have 1 Super Bowl.  

You have to count a 9-0 KC as a big game if this is a serious argument

....righjt?

..and you have to count a road game matching 9-2 division leaders extra big.

Denver's win at KC is the biggest win any AFC team has had this season.

Eli Manning is too gifted and talented have just 2 Super Bowls (I'm kidding)

Guest TeamLoloJones

..and beating your division leader when you are trailing them and later tied with them is as big as it can get until the post-season....

Think about it...

Had the Broncos defeated NE and Indy but lost twice to KC, they'd be 10-2, KC would be 11-1 and headed for the No. 1 seed...right ?

You need to title the thread 2-0 in 2 biggest games, not 2-0 in big games.  The dismissal of two games vs. two conference opponents that could still take the #1 seed from the Broncos is blatant ignorance.

I sort of agree with Teamlolo, in terms of "big games", manning is 2-1. I wouldn't call the game againts INDY, that big outside of it being a big media game, but the one against new england was huge in terms of seeding. Manning is 2-0 in the 2 biggest games of the season, but 2-1 in games of very high importance.

That's a great way of putting it.

Won't matter. When the Broncos' D cannot hold a lead to save their lives against Alex Smith and almost blow it, expect them to fail vs Brady or Flacco in the postseason.

Bar none, it is easy to the objective eye, that Peyton has issues throwing in extreme cold weather, the longer the game goes, and even if the weather is somewhat in the 40s, that helps him immensely. Night and day difference, I can see. Balls were flying in the Chiefs stadium and he had some good mustard and accuracy on them.

Why best.?...Denver could not beat NE  and lose to KC.and be the No.1 seed

By the way...the seeding race is about over.  Denver won the No.1 seed winning at KC in the biggest game of the season

Look at the remaining schedule.   Its more 'over' than 'Glee'

Guest TeamLoloJones

Not saying this will happen, but what if Denver loses 2 games down the stretch, and the Colts win out?  Then Denver is the 3 seed, and have to go right back to New England.  Is the Indy game important then?

You need to title the thread 2-0 in 2 biggest games, not 2-0 in big games.  The dismissal of two games vs. two conference opponents that could still take the #1 seed from the Broncos is blatant ignorance.

I'll go back and correct that right now...Lolo././..

But check your match..if Denver had defeated NE and Indy.....but lost twice to KC..they be 2 games back of 1st and the headed for the No. 5 seed..

To say anything else is just flat out wrong.....The two BIGGEST games were KC..and I think everybody knows that

Guest TeamLoloJones

Why best.?...Denver could not beat NE  and lose to KC.and be the No.1 seed

By the way...the seeding race is about over.  Denver won the No.1 seed winning at KC in the biggest game of the season

Look at the remaining schedule.   Its more 'over' than 'Glee'

Yep. That's my point.  The season isn't over.  You don't get to crown them and hail Manning for his greatness.  Fat lady isn't singing yet.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'll go back and correct that right now...Lolo././..

But check your match..if Denver had defeated NE and Indy.....but lost twice to KC..they be 2 games back of 1st and the headed for the No. 5 seed..

To say anything else is just flat out wrong.....The two BIGGEST games were KC..and I think everybody knows that

I WAS NOT ARGUING THAT KC WASN'T THE 2 BIGGEST GAMES!!!!  You are about 2 posts away from forever being branded a troll in my eyes.

Not saying this will happen, but what if Denver loses 2 games down the stretch, and the Colts win out?  Then Denver is the 3 seed, and have to go right back to New England.  Is the Indy game important then?

True...but  had they lost 2 to KC, they'd be the 5 seed (not 3)..see?

The division games are always biggest...........so Peyton is 2-0 in the BIGGEST games, right?

Comeon Lo....He's 78 years old...give it up for the Sherriff :36dancing:

Yep. That's my point.  The season isn't over.  You don't get to crown them and hail Manning for his greatness.  Fat lady isn't singing yet.

Lolo.....but even you said you didn't think they'd lose......and the KC winswere the difference between 1 (or in your scenario '3') 5

Dennis Green would 'crown them" :heh: ......

..so we can to after Sunday..come on..you know you want to.

The Colts game was definitely big at the time. You're just shrugging it off in hindsight. That loss put the Colts within a game of the #1 seed, there were definitely seeding implications during that week. The Patriots game as well. Pats are currently 1 game out of the #1 seed. Colts are currently 2 games out of the #2 seed (from Denver).

Basically, if Denver won both of those games (Colts, Pats), they would lock up the #1 seed and division next week. They would be 13-0 with the next best being NE at 10-3 or 9-4 depending if they win/lose next week (all hypothetical).

Says a lot when the only good team they have beaten is an overrated Chiefs team that won all their games by barely edging out cupcake teams.

He still lost to the Pats and Colts, those were big games too.

Chiefs are over rated?. Yeah ok.

We will see tonight's game how it goes. Outside the dome 0-5 in playoffs.

Think about it...

Your :deadhorse: because these people only want to see what they want to see. I understand what your saying and agree. :thmup:

He's definitely 2-2. The Colts and Patriots games were huge games for Manning and the Broncos. That being said, it would be more important for Manning to win those games in the playoffs.

He's getting the one seed in all probability, now we will see if he gets hit by cold weather kryptonite in the playoffs.

He's definitely 2-2. The Colts and Patriots games were huge games for Manning and the Broncos. That being said, it would be more important for Manning to win those games in the playoffs.

He's getting the one seed in all probability, now we will see if he gets hit by cold weather kryptonite in the playoffs.

You reckon Ravens have a good chance to beat the Pats in 2 weeks?.

You reckon Ravens have a good chance to beat the Pats in 2 weeks?.

It's hard to even think that far ahead because we have no breathing room and have to beat the Vikings. That being said, if we beat the Vikings, believe it or not, I like our chances against the Patriots better than the games at Detroit and at the Bengals. The Patriots game is at home where we are 5-1, while we are 1-5 on the road. Additionally, we were 2-0 against the Patriots last year, so a lot of our players are not intimidated by NE. Certainly the Patriots will be favored, but they will be playing a desperate Ravens team at home. I almost hope the Bengals have wrapped up the division and seeding, so we get their backups the last game of the season. Our odds of a 6th seed is our best path to the playoffs now.

In the two games....Denver had to win....to win their division and get the No. 1 seed

Playing injured the first time and shorthanded the second time.....Peyton produced 700 yards and 8 TDs....(and 2 wins)

..It speaks for itself :thmup:

I understand what you're saying, and Yes these two were Huge Wins on the way to locking up 1st in their Division, and if all goes well the the rest of the season, locking up 1st Seed for the Playoffs.      

But you can't overlook the games at NE or Indy...  Those were Definitely Big Games too, thus making it 2-2 in Big Games (and this statement is from Peyton's Biggest Fan) ;)