Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think we'll activate anyone from our IR, for the playoffs?

MaoBerry

I know I am not the team doctor, but why wasn't SOMEONE, ANYONE put on the DFR list? Obviously not Ballard, Bradshaw or Wayne...but Allen maybe? He is the only guy I can think of that could remotely play this season. He had surgery in late September and the recovery time is 3-4 months, so if he is a fast healer he might have been ready to go for the playoffs...then again it's not worth risking his long term career. Just thinking out loud...

Also, does anyone know why Howell was placed on IR? I haven't seen a reason.

Is it even possible that dwayne allen could come back this year?

no.  He would have had to have been designated to be able to return at the time he was put on IR.

I know I am not the team doctor, but why wasn't SOMEONE, ANYONE put on the DFR list? Obviously not Ballard, Bradshaw or Wayne...but Allen maybe? He is the only guy I can think of that could remotely play this season. He had surgery in late September and the recovery time is 3-4 months, so if he is a fast healer he might have been ready to go for the playoffs...then again it's not worth risking his long term career. Just thinking out loud...

Also, does anyone know why Howell was placed on IR? I haven't seen a reason.

I'm sure Allen wasn't because his injury came so early and the likelihood of his even being able to return was very slim so they decided to hold that designation in case another player had a less severe injury later on.  I mean, imagine if Luck had sustained some sort of injury in the first quarter of the season and the recovery time would have been 8-10 weeks.  If they'd used the designated to return tag for Allen then Luck would not have been able to play until the following season.