Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A coaching change need to be made. (assigning blame merge)

SilentHill

It needs to happen, some will be quick to blame player execution, but the coaching staff is starting these players who cannot execute need to shoulder the blame. The play calling on offense and defense have been abysmal, and are setting us up for failure on both sides of the ball.

On top of all of that, If I have to hear that we are a power football team and that we need to get back to our power running game from coach Pagano one more time, I'm going to scream.

At this point our W-L record is irrelevant, so don't bother trying to bring it up. We've scored 12 points in the first half of our last 4 games combined, and we've given up 93 points... that's right 93-12 in the first half of our last 4 games.

This team needs to change something, anything. It's getting out of control and it looks like the players have lost faith in the coaches.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its mind boggling how bad we have been in the first half of games. These guys are just not prepared well, especially on defense. This defense was doing good in the early part of the season and then just fell apart. Even Bill Cowher was praising our D for crying out loud. We have regressed since that Denver game and I have no idea why. Maybe they felt like being on top of the world after beating the immortal Broncos? I don't know.

There has been no bigger advocate for Pagano than me. I liked him before we hired him and was glad when we did. With that said, I am quickly losing faith. The stubborness this staff has shown to not shake things up with different starters on the o-line and the offensive playcalling is driving me crazy. I realize we don't have many options but ya never know what ya may have if you refuse to at least try. I still think Pagano can be a good HC, but Pep may need to go.

I agree. Pagano, Pep, and the rest of the crew are being stubborn over the usage of our players. Continuing to use Richardson when Brown has proven to be the better back. Richardson has had plenty of games this season to show what he can do and he just needs help. He won't provide anything great running wise for us this season. Pagano and Pep just don't see this. It's freaking frustrating! If they want to be a power run team, why aren't we using our best running back? They are just trying to prove that they didn't waste a first round pick on him by using him game after game. When this season is over, it will be blatantly clear that he has not shown anything for us this season. Who will be the person to get this through their heads? Anybody? Probably not, go figure.

He got offered a HC job, we didn't  let him go.

I do think he is a better coach than Pagano though, and is definitely a better OC then Hamilton.   I hated to see him leave.

It's all in hindsight now, plus with Chuck on the mend, it would have been a PR disaster.....but we would be better off had Irsay offered the head coach job to Arians in order to keep him.

I agree. Pagano, Pep, and the rest of the crew are being stubborn over the usage of our players. Continuing to use Richardson when Brown has proven to be the better back. Richardson has had plenty of games this season to show what he can do and he just needs help. He won't provide anything great running wise for us this season. Pagano and Pep just don't see this. It's freaking frustrating! If they want to be a power run team, why aren't we using our best running back? They are just trying to prove that they didn't waste a first round pick on him by using him game after game. When this season is over, it will be blatantly clear that he has not shown anything for us this season. Who will be the person to get this through their heads? Anybody? Probably not, go figure.

If you think Richardson is the problem with this offense then I have no idea what games you are watching. There is no chance at all for Trent when he gets the ball. Our O-line is beyond terrible. Donald Brown just didn't all of a sudden become a good running back after years of being below average. He gets a chunk of his yardage on passing situations and passing formations and pops off a nice long run. He's terrible in pass blocking and would probably get Luck killed if he played more snaps then what he usually does. Richardson has not been good but running behind this pathetic line is not helping at all. 

It's very unfortunate we let Arians go...

I agree, but what do you do?  To keep him we have to offer him the HC job and Pagano really had not coached enough to know what he could do as HC; so would we come off looking like total jerks firing the guy after he survives cancer.  On top of that I don't know if Arians would have picked us over Arizona and screwed over Pagano even if we had offered the HC job to him.

If you think Richardson is the problem with this offense then I have no idea what games you are watching. There is no chance at all for Trent when he gets the ball. Our O-line is beyond terrible. Donald Brown just didn't all of a sudden become a good running back after years of being below average. He gets a chunk of his yardage on passing situations and passing formations and pops off a nice long run. He's terrible in pass blocking and would probably get Luck killed if he played more snaps then what he usually does. Richardson has not been good but running behind this pathetic line is not helping at all.

That's not true. The last few weeks brown has actually faced more stuffed boxes than Richardson. People need to accept the fact that Donald is easily outplaying TRich right now.

The team(Colts) is very pedestrian right now, and also very pathetic and very predictable in terms of their offense which translate to PEP.  Need to get rid of this guy, he is not pro ready.  Bring someone in to change the make up of the of the offense.  Luck is getting brutalize out there, need immediate change in the Defensive side as well.  Maunusky is not the answer.   I can't say enough, Pathetic showing!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, but what do you do?  To keep him we have to offer him the HC job and Pagano really had not coached enough to know what he could do as HC; so would we come off looking like total jerks firing the guy after he survives cancer.  On top of that I don't know if Arians would have picked us over Arizona and screwed over Pagano even if we had offered the HC job to him.

I agree, it was a no win situation.  We couldn't promote Arians without looking like heathens....but unfortunately, here we are.  So, the question then becomes, what do we do if the Colts continue to be unprepared to play on Sunday.  Andrew Luck's talent is wasted in our current situation.

Some of you need to get a grip.  It's not ALL the coaches.  People tend to over look a couple of other major factors. 

1.  The performance of the players has not been great and no it's NOT all the coaches that is making them look bad.  Several times a good play has been called and the guys on the field aren't making the plays.

2.  Injuries has killed the team especially the offense.  We have lost two starting level running backs, our best tightend end, our starting left guard, and future Hall of Fame WR all in the first half of the season for the year. 

Do adjustments need to be made?  Sure.  Is the coaching perfect?  Clearly no.  However, is it the major problem with the team right now to the point that I think if we had other coaches in there everything would be better?  No. 

He wanted to be a Head Coach and got a Head Coaching job offer we didn't have that to offer and no he wouldn't have taken the job had we fired Chuck to give it to him either. 

That is probably true.....he had too much character to do so.  How long do we stay loyal to Chuck if the team repeatedly comes out not prepared to play?

That is probably true.....he had too much character to do so.  How long do we stay loyal to Chuck if the team repeatedly comes out not prepared to play?

Well step one is going to be not making the playoffs...

Since that doesn't look like it's going to happen probably not this season.  Even if it does happen odds are they are going to put more blame on the major injuries this team has taken that fans just over look.

Fans really need to chill with the over reaction. 

Also even Irsay said recently he didn't expect the Colts to be this good this soon.  That tells me he feels like the Colts are over achieving which they are.  He's not going to fire the Head Coach. 

As someone who was not a fan of Arians.....I'd really like to have him back......

I guess the grass isnt always greener....

The main reason the fans wanted to move on from Arians, was that he was going to get Luck killed.

I just wanna point out, that Arians had never had any of his big name players land on IR in any of the past 3 seasons ( Including this season & that's as far back as I looked) meanwhile we have lost 5 starters on offense this season. The grass isn't always greener indeed.

Gruden was actually excellent in Oakland

Those were good teams, no doubt... but in terms of the big picture nothing about his tenure in Tampa was terribly impressive.  Gannon was lightning in a bottle and Johnson was a proven commodity with very little gas left in the tank, beyond those guys he really struggled at cultivating talent on the offensive side of the ball.  He always struck me as a diminishing returns kind of coach and those are guys you usually want to avoid.