Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We miss Toler

IndyD4U

Titans loss the same way the 49ers loss to us. Got away from what was working in the 2nd half. Frank Gore was torching us then they stopped feeding him. Same thing tonight with Chris Johnson, stopped feeding him

Ehhhh...

They stopped feeding him because like the 49ers game, we adjusted at halftime and the jig was up. I don't see it so much as they didn't go back to CJ as much as they couldn't. We were going to shut down anything they tried with him.

If he can cover a crossing pattern I am all for it.  Honestly I think part of the problem is us refusing to come out of our man coverage was highlighted so much in the Denver game teams have devised game plans to take advantage of that knowing we will not go to a zone.

This is point on!

The Titans saw that we play man cover defense and had a good game plan against it. It's so hard to cover crossing routes, especially with so much traffic in the middle. Too easy for a DB to get picked off.

I'm surprised that after we got torched in the Rams game against crossing routes, we didn't make any adjustments. Yes it worked in the Denver game, but it won't always work. You have to ADJUST. After 4 quarters last night, we still didn't adjust and it almost cost us the game.

Yes, we are missing Toler. It is very obvious that our secondary has been worse since Toler has been out. This is why I can't understand how a certain poster here keeps saying Toler isn't any good. Having him and Vontae out there together opposing QB's were having trouble finding an open reciever and it was allowing us to get coverage sacks. Since Toler went out, we haven't been getting as much pressure on the QB and they have been able to find open recievers. I hope he gets healthy quick, because we need him.

Yes, we are missing Toler. It is very obvious that our secondary has been worse since Toler has been out. This is why I can't understand how a certain poster here keeps saying Toler isn't any good. Having him and Vontae out there together opposing QB's were having trouble finding an open reciever and it was allowing us to get coverage sacks. Since Toler went out, we haven't been getting as much pressure on the QB and they have been able to find open recievers. I hope he gets healthy quick, because we need him.

Also we havn't been getting Int's either.  

I hope that he's better after the long week cause we are gonna need him against the Cards.

man , i was one of the guys down on toler ...but i have to admit i was wrong we need him back quick cause vaughn stinks and vonte is not the same shadowing guys as he is on his side 

I'm in the same boat.  Wasn't impressed with Toler early on, but his absence has made a huge negative impact.  What really baffles me is how Vontae seems to be affected by Toler being out.  I wouldn't think a CB would be bothered by a different guy playing on the opposite side.

I think it's a confidence thing with Vontae. Knowing the other side was pretty much taken care of allowed Davis to take more chances and play more aggressively. He has looked passive since Toler has been out. Kind of "the sum is greater than the parts" scenario. And Davis has been the victim of just plain bad luck at times. There was a TD pass during the Houston game (to Johnson) that Davis had defended perfectly. But Keenum just threw a perfect, undefendable ball to Johnson. It happens. But the sooner Toler can get back, the better. One good thing about these Thursday night games is the mini-bye week afterwards. Hopefully he is on the field next weekend.