Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Reed

Mr.Debonair

Yeah, he's really hamstringing us. It was his fault we lost to the Dolphins & Rams.

:rollseyes:

His job is to secure field position. That's it. Secure field position on kick offs. To my count, no less than 5 or 6 mistakes in the last two games. When the teams struggling on all phases, starting inside the 15-10 yard line is a critical burden. 

If you can't see how his inability to just do his job has so negatively affected us, I just don't know what else to say. 

And who are you calling "midget lumps"? First of all, it's a dishonest way to evaluate talent on the field by claiming that the average joe couldn't do any better. 

Second, there are many people whom criticize Reed (fairly so) that would knock you on your ear for saying such a thing, face to face. Which I doubt you'd have the stones to do. 

I have ZERO faith in this guy returning kicks. He is NO threat to return the kick for a TD. If he returns the ball to the 20 it's a victory! Whatever happened to Kerwyn Williams? I would bring him back and give him a shot. He looked good in the pre-season.

He definitely frustrates me. I'd rather have Cassius Vaughn bringing it out. But the coaching staff apparently doesn't want to risk injuring him.

I have been truly dumbfounded by his decision making these past couple weeks.  10 yards deep in the endzone go ahead and bring it out.  Ball is at the goalline goes ahead and lets it bounce before grabbing it and getting tackled.

If Pagono and company are coaching him to bring it out all the time then they are flat out wrong.  We do not have Devin Hester back there than can make up for things with his speed.

When he makes such poor decisions like he has these past couple weeks it really hurts the team.  Offensively it forces us to sustain a drive much longer even though we have struggled with that since Wayne went down.  Defensively they tend to get crappy field position because our offense cannot sustain drives.

He has to make better decisions out there or at least lets find someone else who can.

He definitely frustrates me. I'd rather have Cassius Vaughn bringing it out. But the coaching staff apparently doesn't want to risk injuring him.

I don't understansd why Hilton isn't back there....

..unless they just don't value the kick return..(we are very conservative) In which case take the touchback

I don't understansd why Hilton isn't back there....

..unless they just don't value the kick return..(we are very conservative) In which case take the touchback

two reasons:

a. He's probably not a very good kick returner.

b. You don't want to risk injury to your #1 receiver.

What does he have on Pagano, Grigson, or Irsay? Is he a major financial contributor to the Colts organization? I'm just fishing for reasons as to why he is still on the team

pagano seem to love this guy, is this what we traded aq for , reed stinks somebody needs to steal and hid his game cleats so he cant play or hid his plane ticket , reed is only good at making us start inside our own 20 he stinks 

I know, that's what sucks. If I was a ninja if take him and satele out!

pagano seems to wont to play the guys that they paid money satele, and them instead of guys who are better the oline was better with mcgylnn at center why would u change that shoulda kept riding it till the wheels fell off, i know im just a fan but the colts best oline games has bin with satele injury last and this yr its not rocket science 

pagano seems to wont to play the guys that they paid money satele, and them instead of guys who are better the oline was better with mcgylnn at center why would u change that shoulda kept riding it till the wheels fell off, i know im just a fan but the colts best oline games has bin with satele injury last and this yr its not rocket science

I think most on here couldn't agree more. That's why people were phased when they shipped Shipley out. Should of tried to trade Satele and had Ship as starter with Holmes/Mcglynn as backup

Hahaha...... :facepalm: ......What part of this is not easily discernible for you; the GM, Head Coach and Special Teams Coach have OBVIOUSLY made a decision to take every chance to break a kick-off return. Otherwise he would not be able to keep doing it. They'd simply sit him.

I've been sitting here amused for weeks wondering how that flies right by so many of the complainers?

So our ultra-conservative head coach, who won't even go for it on 4th and short when the game is on the line, is the one responsible for him trying to return kicks deep inside our own endzone? Not buying it at all. Pagano preaches smart play. We don't take risks at all. And if Pagano is the one telling him to keep trying to return these kickoffs, he is, in fact, the one who is the *. Any coach, even pop werner level, understands the importance of field position in a game. I doubt Pagano would gamble that many times, just to break the big one off. That sounds more in line with our interim head coach from last year, not our current one.   

Isnt Hilton our punt returner...doesn't Dallas put Dez Bryant back late in games to run back kicks?

TY is our punt returner, but kick return and punt return are two different things. Which i would imagine would require two different skill sets.

Dez hasn't returned a kick since 2011. 

Why does he continue to start Satele and McGlynn? Because he likes getting Andrew hit?

because as much as some don't like it they don't think they have someone better.  If Pagano was all about former his former players why did they release Tom Zibikowski?  Why not bring in a Ed Reed when they had not one but two chances at him if it's all about him liking his ex players? 

They are playing what they feel is the best of what they got.  I know that's really hard for some to accept but that's what they are doing. 

I would like to see DHB try the KR instead of Reed. it couldn't be any worse.

If people are so concerned about DHB's hands do we really want to see him trying to field kicks? 

I'd rather see a guy like Vaughn back there.  He's probably not going break one for a TD but he's production when he did return kicks has been about as good as Reed's when Reed doesn't mess up a kickoff return.  More importantly he seems to know when to take a knee and when to bring it out.  That or Brazil.  He fumbled one in the Bears game last year and we never really used him after that till last night.  I think he deserves another honest look.

If people are so concerned about DHB's hands do we really want to see him trying to field kicks? 

I'd rather see a guy like Vaughn back there.  He's probably not going break one for a TD but he's production when he did return kicks has been about as good as Reed's when Reed doesn't mess up a kickoff return.  More importantly he seems to know when to take a knee and when to bring it out.  That or Brazil.  He fumbled one in the Bears game last year and we never really used him after that till last night.  I think he deserves another honest look.

when attempting a KR you don't catch the ball with your hands the same way as you would a pass. you catch it between your chest and hands. That is how DHB tries to catch anyway, so why not give him a chance...

when attempting a KR you don't catch the ball with your hands the same way as you would a pass. you catch it between your chest and hands. That is how DHB tries to catch anyway, so why not give him a chance...

Can you honestly say you trust DHB's hands? 

I don't think I do.  A dropped pass is one thing, but a live ball is another

Why does he continue to start Satele and McGlynn? Because he likes getting Andrew hit?

You didn't answer my question.

If Pagano doesn't want Reed bringing kickoffs out of the endzone....why does he keep letting him do it?

He could cut Reed tnite and hire you to come in and (screw everything up) take a knee (or two) if that is what he wants..

You didn't answer my question.

If Pagano doesn't want Reed bringing kickoffs out of the endzone....why does he keep letting him do it?

He could cut Reed tnite and hire you to come in and (screw everything up) take a knee (or two) if that is what he wants..

I did answer your question. The answer was in my question. Why does he allow half of the stuff that goes in with our team that is obviously holding us back? None of us knows. I don't think he or our staff are taking a critical look at the weaknesses of our team right now. Just a whole lot of coach speak with minimal adjustments to the lineup. He really doesn't outright bench ANYONE unless they're dealing with injuries

pagano seem to love this guy, is this what we traded aq for , reed stinks somebody needs to steal and hid his game cleats so he cant play or hid his plane ticket , reed is only good at making us start inside our own 20 he stinks 

Yep.

Maybe Pagano is like Dungy...merely giving a "nice young man" a 'job' on his football team.