Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would love to see Peyton top 50 TDs this season

ponyboy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's on pace to torch that record and with Manning playing every game to the end, I expect him to break it.

He only needs 18 more touchdowns now (and the Chargers game isn't even over). I think he can get 18 in 7 games.

He's on pace to torch that record and with Manning playing every game to the end, I expect him to break it.

He only needs 18 more touchdowns now (and the Chargers game isn't even over). I think he can get 18 in 7 games.

well he's averaging over 3 a game,   so yeah  I see it happening.

He'll break the record. That WR corp is ridiculous. None of Peyton's TDs today were impressive; all wide open.

It'll be amusing to see him win the MVP, then go one-and-done, per usual.

and oh so satisfying when he goes all the way this year  ;)

He'll break the record. That WR corp is ridiculous. None of Peyton's TDs today were impressive; all wide open.

Meh, I'd be careful this year. Last year I always knew Denver was a one and doner but Ray Lewis triumphed all.

The league would love to help the Broncos on their way to a SB title and let Peyton be like Elway!!  And the Fox story will garner sympathy. Heck I don't even think the Broncos offense had a penalty against them today.

So I am not as convinced this year it's a one and done team. I mean they did lose to the young streaky Colts so I guess anything is possible.......

and win the MVP, and then choke in the playoffs as usual.

Can't wait to hear you all complain about my QB being a stat hog.

Big bad bounty stat hogging Brees!

Sorry I had to. ;)

Brees can be a stat hog at times too like all the top QBs, but he is not nearly the princess Peyton and Brady can be and the media does not treat him like British royalty. Ohhhh yesss........I did say that out loud! Think I will go hide out for a while now in my cellar. :HFire:  :hide:

Sorry I had to. ;)

Brees can be a stat hog at times too like all the top QBs, but he is not nearly the princess Peyton and Brady can be and the media does not treat him like British royalty. Ohhhh yesss........I did say that out loud! Think I will go hide out for a while now in my cellar. :HFire:  :hide:

Don't be sayin' that about Peyton, you'll have the Manning Police coming at you to tell chew you up!

Sorry I had to. ;)

No need to hide... :hide:      Feel free to say what you want.    None of the rest of us hold back  ;)

Don't be sayin' that about Peyton, you'll have the Manning Police coming at you to tell chew you up!

Naw. I criticize Brady too though.

But, nobody can run after me anyway. I am too fast and these threads get sticky floors......

Anyway can't wait to see SNF!!!!! Maybe the Saints will run the ball tonight.....I really am craving to see some RB action.

Yeah, you can tell he really doesn't prefer the recent Pats model of, get as close as possible to winning a SB as you can, and then come up short.

Stylistic differences, but they really are two fundamentally different ways to not win a SB.

Ruk, I have said the same thing.   :dunno:

All the more reason why I'd love to see him make it to the Big Dance this year. :lombardi:

Rips my frickin' heart right out of my chest to think anything otherwise. 

Love my Colts, but we aren't true contenders. We're dangerous, but anyone whom thinks we are a top-4 team is delusional. Down 6 offensive starters for the year......and a few 'Red Flag' performances, I'm not seeing it. We're just too flaky and whooper-jawed. 

I gotta go with my Colts over all, but if they fail......well......GO PEYTON. 

I've never seen him like this before. So beat up. Bad sign of things to come. 

Rips my frickin' heart right out of my chest to think anything otherwise. 

Love my Colts, but we aren't true contenders. We're dangerous, but anyone whom thinks we are a top-4 team is delusional. Down 6 offensive starters for the year......and a few 'Red Flag' performances, I'm not seeing it. We're just too flaky and whooper-jawed. 

I gotta go with my Colts over all, but if they fail......well......GO PEYTON. 

I've never seen him like this before. So beat up. Bad sign of things to come. 

Oh...so Polian was bitter because he saw this coming?? Sorry...had too lol. No I agree with you...we are a dangerous team if our defense plays like angry and inspired like it did against DEN and our OL  dominates like it did against SF. But most weeks we are just hanging on by a thread...we have issues running the ball now and protecting Luck. We don't have enough targets for Luck with Reggie gone so we are going to have to eat some Tums the rest of the year and hope for the best.

As for Peyton....yeah it will be interesting to see how healthy he is. He should break the record...he avgs about 3 tds a game for his career but he also is playing three TOUGH defenses in the next three weeks. I'm sure he is just wanting to win...and they need at least 2 out of 3 but that will be tough with two of those road games against great teams. Peyton isn't healthy...he is playing hurt and they need to be able to run the ball more if they want him to survive the post-season. It has been clear since the Jax game he has been hurt...plainly clear. He is a tough sob and even if he goes one and done he is a true classy captain and will go down with his ship. He has drug so many none playoff worthy teams into the post-season its humorous to make fun of his play-off record. Its not like he constantly has 60 passer rated games or is some terrible turnover machine and chokes....he has led his team to leads into the 4th quarter in almost all his playoff games. Granted he has shown he will make mistakes too so he has some fault he isn't perfect but I've never seen any team rely so much on one man to get it done for them as his teams do. We've seen a lot of other qbs with good defenses or running games to support them and allow them to be special but Peytons teams have been so one sided that it is almost a detriment to him. He hasn't had the luxury of say an Elway or Aikman to have a dominant running game or Big Ben to have those loaded Pitt defenses. We all know he always gets compared to Tom and we all know Tom is an all-time great but even Tom hasn't been able to carry that franchise over the top without its great defenses of the early 00s. He has a great one this year and I predict they will be the team to beat come playoffs because of him and that defense....its just as good as Chiefs and Tom is much more dangerous than Smith. If Peyton can stay upright he will get 52or53 but he isn't going to win it all trying to throw 4 and 5 tds a game every game in the playoffs against the stoutest of the stout defenses. His team better play solid defense because in the playoffs 21-24pts should be all you should ask to win. No matter what it should be exciting to watch the journey....and Peyton no matter if you hate him or not is much watch tv...a good guy..and a great role model for children so I will be routing for him.