Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pagano is too soft

jwilli69

Wow, you are a piece of work man, very disrespectful. My dad died of cancer 3 years ago when I was 22 years old. Didn't even see me graduate from college, buy my first house, see me get married, etc. That fire in his eyes during his battle was to save his life, not to win a football game. * off!

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dad to cancer. That said, it sounds like you have a fire in you too, like your dad.  You sound like you are heading your life off in the right direction, with a college degree, new house and a family. Best of luck to you young man.

The reason I commented is, I have a son about your age and I may be going to go through the same fight as your father and Chuck. I wont know the full details of my journey till my surgery and the results of the biopsy. So I hope to have that fire in my eyes too, for as long as I have here. These Colts take my mind off of things that are otherwise depressing. To freak out over a player or coach that isn't up to personal standards isnt going to change anything. There is much more to life. Just have fun and enjoy the ride.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't say he is soft because he isn't screaming and yelling on the side lines, I say this because he isn't holding players (and position coaches) seemingly accountable. Don't cut the players who are not making the plays they should but darn it, quit strating them or put them on the bench. There is absolutely zero reason that Reed should be allowed back on the field after running it out of the endzone multiple times and only getting tonhe 6 yard line and this is in multiple games this year. There is no reason for coach not to take a shot off the bow and start any other receiver instead of DHB, he doesn't catch the ball in nearly every game this season.

Now you can call it emotional or irrational or *ic or whatever but the fact remains, DHB drops almost every ball that hits his hands and Reed keeps bringing the ball out of the endzone and losing us yards unnecessarily. So if the player keeps showing a pattern over 9 games, when do you expect a coach to do something different? I would have a different opinion on DHB at game 9 if he had make some catches over the course of the season or in his career for that matter but everyone in this forum has the exact same opinion of DHB, he has major problems catching the ball but a few keep arguing the fact to keep playing him. I don't understand your logic for a guy not showing results in even small amounts.

you have no way of knowing who he holds accountable or not. You aren't in the lockerroom and you don't go to team meetings and practices.

DHB has an issue with drops but in case you haven't notice they don't have a lot of other options at WR at the moment. DHB has also made some nice catches too. The forum has turned on him however and don't look at him objectively like coaches do. I am DHB myself but I also understand I am not the coach and I don't see things he does.

Reed's returns were bad to the point they did make a change to Herron that went almost unnoticed on the forum. My guess is you will see a return game adjustment Thursday. Just because we as fans don't get these changes as fast as we might like doesn't mean a coach is soft. Again if you don't like Pagano and his decisions that's fine and there is evidence to support that some of which you gave shared here. However, just because you don't like something someone is doing does not make them soft. If anything I would call Pagano stuborn based on your points but you can say that about most coaches across the board.

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dad to cancer. That said, it sounds like you have a fire in you too, like your dad. You sound like you are heading your life off in the right direction, with a college degree, new house and a family. Best of luck to you young man.

The reason I commented is, I have a son about your age and I may be going to go through the same fight as your father and Chuck. I wont know the full details of my journey till my surgery and the results of the biopsy. So I hope to have that fire in my eyes too, for as long as I have here. These Colts take my mind off of things that are otherwise depressing. To freak out over a player or coach that isn't up to personal standards isnt going to change anything. There is much more to life. Just have fun and enjoy the ride.

I lost my own father to what the coach had eight years ago. My sister and I spent a number of afternoons talking football with him. I have fond memories of those times despite the ultimate outcome. I know they drive my current interest in the sport.

I hope your surgery goes well and hope you get good news.

you have no way of knowing who he holds accountable or not. You aren't in the lockerroom and you don't go to team meetings and practices.

DHB has an issue with drops but in case you haven't notice they don't have a lot of other options at WR at the moment. DHB has also made some nice catches too. The forum has turned on him however and don't look at him objectively like coaches do. I am DHB myself but I also understand I am not the coach and I don't see things he does.

Reed's returns were bad to the point they did make a change to Herron that went almost unnoticed on the forum. My guess is you will see a return game adjustment Thursday. Just because we as fans don't get these changes as fast as we might like doesn't mean a coach is soft. Again if you don't like Pagano and his decisions that's fine and there is evidence to support that some of which you gave shared here. However, just because you don't like something someone is doing does not make them soft. If anything I would call Pagano stuborn based on your points but you can say that about most coaches across the board.

I am a 26 Year Old Veteran of the Army I served in Iraq for 3 Tours, and my Father is a Survivor of Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, he was at one point given 48 hours to live and in a state where he couldn't even form basic words, and his eyes were glassy as if he were on his way out. However, when I showed up to that Hospital Still in my Uniform dirty from a field exercise I was engaged in when I got the call, his eyes changed, and he fought to get words out, though unsuccessful as he was in that moment he would battle through the night, and upon arrival the next morning the Hospital it was as if a miracle had occurred because his eyes were back to their normal Blue, and his Skin had become pink and flush with blood again. It was a crazy experience, I mailed a package containing a letter explaining the story to Coach Pagano in more detail, and I am hoping for a response at some point. Anyway, my point Sir is that no matter the outcome of the biopsy, never give up the fight, even when death feels as if he has a firm grip. Shake him off, tell him you're not done living, cause you're still young and have a long life ahead of you. My Prayers are with you, stay healthy. Go Colts!

Posted · Hidden by Superman, November 14, 2013 - abusive
Hidden by Superman, November 14, 2013 - abusive

Wow, you are a piece of work man, very disrespectful. My dad died of cancer 3 years ago when I was 22 years old. Didn't even see me graduate from college, buy my first house, see me get married, etc. That fire in his eyes during his battle was to save his life, not to win a football game.

What Pagano's dead? Oh wait, you're just talking about your 'dad' that's completely irrelavent (not to mention potentially manufactured to create an Internet story where it's a lie until proven true ) and not an NFL football coach that's paid millions to...errr...coach and prepare. We were promised fire and brimstone. We were promised the hard-nosed and fiery Defensive coordinator from Baltimore...what we got is another Caldwell/Dudgy coattail rider. The REAL coach of the Colts left last year...

why, whats the issue? Youthink we should keep these players?

The main issue is that the Colts are exactly 18 months into the Grigson/Pagano/Luck era....a major organizational rebuild from the front office down to the #53 roster spot....and there is a ridiculous level of expectation, disappointment and irrational panic.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, November 14, 2013 - response to hidden post
Hidden by Superman, November 14, 2013 - response to hidden post

What Pagano's dead? Oh wait, you're just talking about your 'dad' that's completely irrelavent (not to mention potentially manufactured to create an Internet story where it's a lie until proven true ) and not an NFL football coach that's paid millions to...errr...coach and prepare. We were promised fire and brimstone. We were promised the hard-nosed and fiery Defensive coordinator from Baltimore...what we got is another Caldwell/Dudgy coattail rider. The REAL coach of the Colts left last year...

Put down the liquor...Its not even the weekend yet

I am a 26 Year Old Veteran of the Army I served in Iraq for 3 Tours, and my Father is a Survivor of Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, he was at one point given 48 hours to live and in a state where he couldn't even form basic words, and his eyes were glassy as if he were on his way out. However, when I showed up to that Hospital Still in my Uniform dirty from a field exercise I was engaged in when I got the call, his eyes changed, and he fought to get words out, though unsuccessful as he was in that moment he would battle through the night, and upon arrival the next morning the Hospital it was as if a miracle had occurred because his eyes were back to their normal Blue, and his Skin had become pink and flush with blood again. It was a crazy experience, I mailed a package containing a letter explaining the story to Coach Pagano in more detail, and I am hoping for a response at some point. Anyway, my point Sir is that no matter the outcome of the biopsy, never give up the fight, even when death feels as if he has a firm grip. Shake him off, tell him you're not done living, cause you're still young and have a long life ahead of you. My Prayers are with you, stay healthy. Go Colts!

I salute you. I can hear your strength through your words. Like you, I believe your grit and determination can overcome a lot.  Believing you are going to heal can be more powerful than the best medicine there is.

I lost my own father to what the coach had eight years ago. My sister and I spent a number of afternoons talking football with him. I have fond memories of those times despite the ultimate outcome. I know they drive my current interest in the sport.

I hope your surgery goes well and hope you get good news.

Thank you 4 your kind wishes. I go today to get my appointment for surgery and to talk with the doctors about what they  have planned. I am still in shock about the news, but the more I think about it the madder I get.

We are all tied together here on this forum, in more ways than we realize. There is a real person behind every football or funny icon posting here. We don't know what that person is going through in their life or why the say what they say. So from here on out,  I am going to be as positive as I can, when I reply to a post that just seems to make zero sense.

So glad to hear about the fight in your dad and how he pulled through when he was so far down. He sound like a very strong willed man. And thank you for our service Sir! I will never give up or stop fighting.

I have a grandson that will be 3 in April that was born on my birthday. He is my football watching partner, he always wears his Colts hat and yells go Colts. That boy makes me laugh so hard at times. Every game on TV he see he says Colts no matter who it is. So I think I will be here watching games with him for a long time, as I never plan on leaving him here to watch games without me.

My sister was also stage  4 Hodgkins Lymphoma and is now in remission too. That was 4 years ago and so far so good.

Any way back on topic. Chuck Pagano is not a soft man. He is, in fact, probably the STRONGEST MAN on our team.

ie: CHUCK STRONG!!!

Whatt? really?? All I heard was 8-8 to 10-6. Never < 7-9

From my recollection, the estimates of anything over .500 were definitely the outliers... until after the SF game. I think that game changed about as many minds as the Rams game did in the other direction.

I admit I am one that had us at between 7-9 and 9-7 ... and thought 10-6 was an extreme longshot.  I think quite a few people were predicting 6-9 wins.

The main issue is that the Colts are exactly 18 months into the Grigson/Pagano/Luck era....a major organizational rebuild from the front office down to the #53 roster spot....and there is a ridiculous level of expectation, disappointment and irrational panic.

You're right, I expect too much out of a wr with 4 years history of dropping balls that are thrown to him and giving him an opportunity to see if we could change his environment and change his ways. Hasn't occured and the same drops happen here but my expectations are just too high. Here is to watching him drop another 3-5 balls a game, yeah!

You're right, I expect too much out of a wr with 4 years history of dropping balls that are thrown to him and giving him an opportunity to see if we could change his environment and change his ways. Hasn't occured and the same drops happen here but my expectations are just too high. Here is to watching him drop another 3-5 balls a game, yeah!

DHB is who he is, honestly I thought with a good QB it would stop the drops & he would propel his career. I continue to hope for a big day from him. My hope is he picks up his game I think the skill is there, maybe its a mental thing?? We sure could use him, with that said I am hoping to see some of Rodgers tonight! This guys highlights are impressive, looks a little like Dez Bryant to me!

DHB is who he is, honestly I thought with a good QB it would stop the drops & he would propel his career. I continue to hope for a big day from him. My hope is he picks up his game I think the skill is there, maybe its a mental thing?? We sure could use him, with that said I am hoping to see some of Rodgers tonight! This guys highlights are impressive, looks a little like Dez Bryant to me!

I was also in great hopes that he could come around and being on a winning org would solve some issues but he seems to be the guy with great speed/height/size but can't catch and thats bad. I had not criticized the kid up until the last game when it became clear to me catching the ball is just not his skill.

I sure hope we can get something from this Rogers kid and I hope the coaches have designed some plays to boost his confidence right out of thengate and not expect him to be a 20 yard down field with a full head of steam kinda play. Short slants or curls will do fine to get him started. If he can catch the ball at any distance, it will be a plus from the DHB trial.

And that's fair....we knew what DHB's risks were and he was signed for 1.5M for that reason. Unfortunately, Reggie's injury brings those liabilities more prominently into play.

I can understand SOME of your frustration....I'm just pointing out that considering the fire sale and organizational blowout from 18 months ago to today, and then to have 11 wins and a playoff berth last year and an excellent shot at the AFC South this year....how can one be all that disappointed?

They look and act like a talented but young/rebuilding franchise....they surprise you when they win and yes, once in a while they surprise you when they lose. And yes....they've had me pulling what's left of my hair out at times.

But OG/ILB/WR are all areas where we are simply young and/or of average talent, and either better execution or a talent upgrade is needed. We're headed in the right direction....let's be a little patient, they'll get there. :)