Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

six on the o-line?

OLD FAN MAN

Until we can improve our offensive line play, I am all in favor of the 6 man line.

This was the big second have adjustment that led to our second have offensive explosion against the Texans. Without this move we likely lose the game.

The offensive line must be a top priority for this years draft.

We have done this numerous times this season, with little success.

Reitz has come in to play 'TE' in run plays.

Horrible formation if you ask me.

the Niners run this formation with great success. It's not that it's a horrible formation, more so that it's horrible for us. We simply do not have the O-line to pull this off.

49 ners use it alot and they even use 7 on the line some times u have to play big ball football, "we running , u know we running, and we still gonna run it" kills a def when u can do it

kinda like saying, "here's our biggest toughest guys, now you put urs out there and see who wins."  it just seems we don't have the guys to win that battle.

49 ners use it alot and they even use 7 on the line some times u have to play big ball football, "we running , u know we running, and we still gonna run it" kills a def when u can do it

Seems like that is how we pounded SF.

Funny, after having used it so much we get a this thread.

Like those that don`t see all the wide open receivers Luck ignores for deeper throws into coverage. Bizzare.

Seems like that is how we pounded SF.

Funny, after having used it so much we get a this thread.

Like those that don`t see all the wide open receivers Luck ignores for deeper throws into coverage. Bizzare.

luck missed atleast 3 td last week just not seeing the open man

We have formations where Reitz comes in as a sixth linemen. It is a great way to yell "HEY WE ARE RUNNING IT".

It turns out quite ineffective, gaining no more yards than we usually would.

we ran 6 lineman in the 4th qtr. of the Texans game so we could give Luck enough time to throw to T.Y.

sometimes we did

sometimes we had havilli and trich stay in to block

we ran 6 lineman in the 4th qtr. of the Texans game so we could give Luck enough time to throw to T.Y.

Either way, when you give T.Y. the chance to just run, and give Luck the time to throw the ball, it's beautiful. T.Y. has got to be the fastest straight line speed guy I've seen.

the Niners run this formation with great success. It's not that it's a horrible formation, more so that it's horrible for us. We simply do not have the O-line to pull this off.

It's irrelevant if other teams do it effectively, you play to your strengths, and this is not our strength.

The definition of insanity is trying something over and over and expecting different results.

It's irrelevant if other teams do it effectively, you play to your strengths, and this is not our strength.

The definition of insanity is trying something over and over and expecting different results.

you do understand its relevance if you are complaining about the formation and I point out that its not the formation, rather its our inability to use it properly due to our personnel? Please re- read my earlier statement. The formation works, just not for us.

you do understand its relevance if you are complaining about the formation and I point out that its not the formation, rather its our inability to use it properly due to our personnel? Please re- read my earlier statement. The formation works, just not for us.

Oh I understood perfectly. But we were talking about the Colts, how is the 49'ers success with it applicable? It is a bad formation, it has yet to work.

Oh I understood perfectly. But we were talking about the Colts, how is the 49'ers success with it applicable? It is a bad formation, it has yet to work.

seriously? We're gonna go back and forth over this?!! The formation is fine, just like the Pistol. They're all fine, just not for us. It's not the formation that's the problem, it's that we don't have the personnel for it.

Here's a formation that's bad-- 10 receivers and a QB. See the difference?

seriously? We're gonna go back and forth over this?!! The formation is fine, just like the Pistol. They're all fine, just not for us. It's not the formation that's the problem, it's that we don't have the personnel for it.

Here's a formation that's bad-- 10 receivers and a QB. See the difference?

My god, of course it is the formation that is the problem. It is exactly the type of formation the negates the supposedly versatile personnel we have on offense. Run 2-TEs tight beside the line, and at least have a threat of a pass.

It is a goal line formation being used at midfield... the formation is horrible.

My god, of course it is the formation that is the problem. It is exactly the type of formation the negates the supposedly versatile personnel we have on offense. Run 2-TEs tight beside the line, and at least have a threat of a pass.

It is a goal line formation being used at midfield... the formation is horrible.

That would be the play call, not the formation. If you use the goal line formation at mid field, that's a bad play call.

That would be the play call, not the formation. If you use the goal line formation at mid field, that's a bad play call.

lol, so you are attempting to argue with me about semantics... with semantics?

I hate the formation, it can work all day for the 49'ers but I don't, nor will I ever trust it... it very much goes against the way I want to see this offense goes. How does Luck check out of it if he sees something he doesn't like? The formation has zero versatility. On top of that, it has yet to work.

No amount of annoying replies by you are going to change my mind.