Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I wonder if we make a play for Jonathan Martin

Ohio Colt

At some point....

I would not rule it out given the Stanford players we already have...and we need a lineman. If he gets back to the NFL and plays again I don't think it will be with the dolphins and I think we will offer most & also be the best landing spot for him since Luck, Fleener, and Whalen are here

I am taking a wild shot in the dark here and guessing you didn't see Martin play this year or last year.....If you did and you still think it might be a good idea to make a play on him...

196157.gif

We want road graders not soft little cup cakes who bail on the team when times get tough

spacey-bitch-please.gif

And here is the ignorant post of the morning. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin is not a Guard in any way shape or form, He does not get alot of push with his legs , Talent wise I think he would be a solid backup Tackle who could play either side in a backup role(he gave up a sack vs the Browns although Tannehill did not see a wide open wr), he has been better in pass blocking then run blocking from what I have seen but I have not watched every single snap he has taken just the majority, Regardless we aren't going to go after him, On a side note Incognito has looked bad at pass blocking, giving up to 2 sacks vs Browns and does not get alot of push in the run game

right. how is that any different than what i was saying. athletic tackles that could pull, commonly get moved to guard in the nfl. same thing.

Guys who aren't athletic enough/ don't have the feet get moved to guard. A nasty disposition doesn't hurt either. A lot of that applies to guys like mike McGlynn, who played tackle in college, I'm not sure any of it applies to Martin.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 7, 2013 - PS
Hidden by -JJ-, November 7, 2013 - PS

I am taking a wild shot in the dark here and guessing you didn't see Martin play this year or last year.....If you did and you still think it might be a good idea to make a play on him...

196157.gif

spacey-bitch-please.gif

And here is the ignorant post of the morning.

Yeah real ignorant that a grown man lets another man bully him for two years. And what does he do? Leave the team instead of handling his business. Sorry, I wasn't raised a *. I stick up for myself and would beat your head in if you pulled that crap with me.

I don't blame him for handling it way he is. Punching Incognito could've made the situation worse and make himself look like a problem. Richie is a punk high-school bully trapped in an adults body who's prone to violence and stupidity. Martin must have left because he knows the coaches were empowering Incognito to do these things, so leaving sent the biggest red flag that he could.

good point, after all he did go to Stanford... not to many dummies on that campus.

Among the many articles I've read about the fiasco in Miami, this one seems to offer the most insight into what happened between Incognito and Martin.  It just comes down to how you interpret their behaviors.  Was it the case of a team veteran trying to toughen up a 'soft' young player?  Traditional hazing?  Or was it intimidation and harassment?  Maybe it started out with good intentions as mentoring and then crossed over into bullying at some point.  Either way, I don't think Martin wants to return to to that Dolphins locker room.

Miami should offer to trade him at the end of this season.  I think Indy is the ideal team to pursue him, if only to bolster its depth at the Tackle position.  Should Castonzo or Cherilus get injured, who does the team have for a backup?   Shudder...Linkenbach!  While Martin has struggled at the NFL level thus far, so have a bunch of other talented young offensive linemen who were drafted much higher than him, like Eric Fisher and Chance Warmack.  Martin just needs more time to develop in a backup role.  With some strength training and better coaching, he can improve his game.  If the Colts can acquire him for a late-round pick, he's worth the gamble.  As far as improving the interior of the offensive line, Grigson can address those needs in the draft and free-agency.

We want road graders not soft little cup cakes who bail on the team when times get tough

oh yeah leaving voice mails and threatening the guys life is no big deal anymore.  :facepalm:  it went way to far. 30,000 dollar check no big deal, making rookies do things like carry helmets wear dresses wash cars all of that is not a big deal but going as far as calling a guy the " N " word (as if this country hasnt had a racial headline this year...still waiting for obama to say if he had a son it would be jonathan martin) and threatening his life regardless if it were jokes or not. the kid was having a difficult time transitioning into the NFL as it is, he isn't the first and im sure he wont be the last. fact of the matter is Incognito has been a problem since his college years, unfortunately he didn't grow up because he was a decent blocker. truth be told no one outside the dolphins organization knows the full story and must have been bad if the GM supposedly told martin " to punch incognito in the face ".  

Should Martin have stood up and said enough is enough?? Yes......Should he have bailed on his team? in a sense no he shouldn't have. but threats from teammates could cause anyone to walk away especially if they are already having a hard time with it. my only question is, Martin was no the team Last year, so why was the " hazing " still going on? plus with the bullying going on around Elementary, Middle and High Schools now a days especially where the bullied kid commits suicide now, this is a serious on going matter. Professional Athletes are suppose to be role models, and by bullying teammates its showing our younger generation that it's okay especially if their peers just over look the matter. just my opinion is all.  

oh yeah leaving voice mails and threatening the guys life is no big deal anymore. :facepalm: it went way to far. 30,000 dollar check no big deal, making rookies do things like carry helmets wear dresses wash cars all of that is not a big deal but going as far as calling a guy the " N " word (as if this country hasnt had a racial headline this year...still waiting for obama to say if he had a son it would be jonathan martin) and threatening his life regardless if it were jokes or not. the kid was having a difficult time transitioning into the NFL as it is, he isn't the first and im sure he wont be the last. fact of the matter is Incognito has been a problem since his college years, unfortunately he didn't grow up because he was a decent blocker. truth be told no one outside the dolphins organization knows the full story and must have been bad if the GM supposedly told martin " to punch incognito in the face ".

Should Martin have stood up and said enough is enough?? Yes......Should he have bailed on his team? in a sense no he shouldn't have. but threats from teammates could cause anyone to walk away especially if they are already having a hard time with it. my only question is, Martin was no the team Last year, so why was the " hazing " still going on? plus with the bullying going on around Elementary, Middle and High Schools now a days especially where the bullied kid commits suicide now, this is a serious on going matter. Professional Athletes are suppose to be role models, and by bullying teammates its showing our younger generation that it's okay especially if their peers just over look the matter. just my opinion is all.

Yes it is a serious problem. Richie is a punk and should if been hit in the mouth day one went it went over the line period. You think bullying is a new thing? It's been going on forever and ou went outside and handled it. It will never stop unless you stop them. Just gets worse if you let it go. Case in point.

Among the many articles I've read about the fiasco in Miami, this one seems to offer the most insight into what happened between Incognito and Martin.  It just comes down to how you interpret their behaviors.  Was it the case of a team veteran trying to toughen up a 'soft' young player?  Traditional hazing?  Or was it intimidation and harassment?  Maybe it started out with good intentions as mentoring and then crossed over into bullying at some point.  Either way, I don't think Martin wants to return to to that Dolphins locker room.

Miami should offer to trade him at the end of this season.  I think Indy is the ideal team to pursue him, if only to bolster its depth at the Tackle position.  Should Castonzo or Cherilus get injured, who does the team have for a backup?   Shudder...Linkenbach!  While Martin has struggled at the NFL level thus far, so have a bunch of other talented young offensive linemen who were drafted much higher than him, like Eric Fisher and Chance Warmack.  Martin just needs more time to develop in a backup role.  With some strength training and better coaching, he can improve his game.  If the Colts can acquire him for a late-round pick, he's worth the gamble.  As far as improving the interior of the offensive line, Grigson can address those needs in the draft and free-agency.

My only question in the whole matter is, when does rookie hazing stop??? because this was still going on until last sunday and he is in his second year of his NFL career. so the hazing matter should have already been done and over with after the season ended last year. so my interpretation is it was strictly bullying on Incognito's behalf. we already have enough of that nonsense going around in this country from teenagers and it is leading them to commit suicide. now that NFL players are doing it, these teenagers will see it as an okay thing. and im not just saying NFL players are doing it, i actually meant professional athletes in general, but seeing this story has gone public and is causing outrage the NFL is in the spotlight for this issue. 

I think Martin is crashing to some degree under the weight of the NFL. His teammates are not buying his nonsense.
I think he wants out of Miami and bet he would love to join his old buddies.
 It is a business, you only live once and Pro Ball is just a stop along the way, and maybe he wants happiness as much as $$$ or recognition. You can draft me but it doesn`t mean you will get the best out of me.
 Noone believed he was a can`t miss destined to be a top 10 talent. But I would expect he could be good to very good by his 3-4th year with hard work. Nothing unusual about it taking that long to become a good starter. Then you can set yourself up for life with your 1st FA contract.

Pep & his ex teammates would know if he is worth adding. If they say bring him in as a backup with a couple years left on his rookie contract and that meant NO MORE LINK, I would be Extremely EXCITED to hear it.

Sounds like an off-season move to me.

Guys who aren't athletic enough/ don't have the feet get moved to guard. A nasty disposition doesn't hurt either. A lot of that applies to guys like mike McGlynn, who played tackle in college, I'm not sure any of it applies to Martin.

agreed. martin probably is a total bust. i just want to see an attempt to end the McGlynn experiment, but he's probably here to stay. I realize there are other factors that make a person a good guard. I was just responding to the person that said martin can't replace mcglynn b/c he doesn't play guard.  my only point is that tackles commonly play guard so it doesn't make sense to not look at players who have only played guard or only played tackle.

Yeah real ignorant that a grown man lets another man bully him for two years. And what does he do? Leave the team instead of handling his business. Sorry, I wasn't raised a *. I stick up for myself and would beat your head in if you pulled that crap with me.

We are all really impressed with your manhood...

I wouldn't mind him. I LOVE attitude players. Not dirty, but bring the attitude. Incongnito and Thorton matched together is one scary line already. I don't think the board would like him though.

Incognito is known as one of the dirtiest players in the league. Hes won the award for it a few times, and every other time come in second only to Suh. He was on the Colts do not want list according to both Polian and Dungy as well, so its unlikely theres even interest there.

I wouldn't mind him.  I LOVE attitude players.  Not dirty, but bring the attitude.  Incongnito and Thorton matched together is one scary line already.  I don't think the board would like him though.

Incognito stinks at pass blocking, does not move his feet well, He gave up 2 sacks vs the Browns

Incognito stinks at pass blocking, does not move his feet well, He gave up 2 sacks vs the Browns

Wouldn't want him for that, run blocking is what I want.  We're not going to be able to get every player who is good at both, but if we have a nice combo on the line, it will work.  

Incognito is known as one of the dirtiest players in the league. Hes won the award for it a few times, and every other time come in second only to Suh. He was on the Colts do not want list according to both Polian and Dungy as well, so its unlikely theres even interest there.

A lot of people consider Laron dirty but he's here.  And I don't really trust Dungy's and Polian's word.

And you say Suh is dirty as if you would not welcome him with open arms to our team.  He may be dirty to opposing teams but his teammates and fans probably love him.

A lot of people consider Laron dirty but he's here. And I don't really trust Dungy's and Polian's word.

And you say Suh is dirty as if you would not welcome him with open arms to our team. He may be dirty to opposing teams but his teammates and fans probably love him.

However Suh isn't a racist A hole

A lot of people consider Laron dirty but he's here. And I don't really trust Dungy's and Polian's word.

And you say Suh is dirty as if you would not welcome him with open arms to our team. He may be dirty to opposing teams but his teammates and fans probably love him.

If you read ESPN's Colts blog, both Luck and Fleener have come out in defense of Martin, and Vinatieri made a comment about how behaviour like. Incognito's is not tolerated by the Indy locker room. Incognito is never coming to Indy based on personality conflict alone.

Also hes bad at run blocking too.

I highly doubt that Martin will make it in the NFL, I think he burned that bridge. Fair or not, every player that goes against him will think of him as soft and easily bullied. I doubt many teams would even bring him in.

As for Incognito, he would get another shot if the PC crowd would back off. As much of an butt as he is, he was a pro bowler last year and brings a nasty streak..

A lot of people consider Laron dirty but he's here.  And I don't really trust Dungy's and Polian's word.

And you say Suh is dirty as if you would not welcome him with open arms to our team.  He may be dirty to opposing teams but his teammates and fans probably love him.

I don't think people think landry is a cheap shot player. not in the same conversation as richie at least or suh. i have to admit, suh, franklin and redding would be fun to watch.

If you read ESPN's Colts blog, both Luck and Fleener have come out in defense of Martin, and Vinatieri made a comment about how behaviour like. Incognito's is not tolerated by the Indy locker room. Incognito is never coming to Indy based on personality conflict alone.

Also hes bad at run blocking too.

Never knew him to be bad at run blocking.

But didn't see that, then yeah that's the nip in the bud.  

I don't think people think landry is a cheap shot player. not in the same conversation as richie at least or suh. i have to admit, suh, franklin and redding would be fun to watch.

Oh, just google Laron Landry dirtiest player list and you'll see numerous people asking why wasn't Landry included.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 8, 2013 - profanity in image
Hidden by shecolt, November 8, 2013 - profanity in image

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

FWIW and not taking a side in the argument, his nickname is (was?) "Dirty Thirty".

Landry and Suh are vicious on the field, Incognito is a trouble maker on and off the field.

You think there's no chance Martin fighting Incognito could hurt his career? Why should he risk his career for that nut job? If the coaches were ignoring his concerns about it, he did the right thing going to the league.

You think there's no chance Martin fighting Incognito could hurt his career? Why should he risk his career for that nut job? If the coaches were ignoring his concerns about it, he did the right thing going to the league.

Hard to say when you let it go on for 2 years. Guys get into fights all the time. It's more about just sticking up for yourself. You don't think they talk trash during the game also? It a high testosterone sport!

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 8, 2013 - response to removed post
Hidden by shecolt, November 8, 2013 - response to removed post

As dense as Lead_Ore.jpg

Hard to say when you let it go on for 2 years. Guys get into fights all the time. It's more about just sticking up for yourself. You don't think they talk trash during the game also? It a high testosterone sport!

In game is fine, locker room too but outside of that is crossing a line. Plus you don't threaten and harass your teammates. Another thing about fighting crazy people is they don't let things go, fighting Incognito could've escalated that situation. What if Incognito kept coming back for more?

Incognito deserves being ratted out, any punishment he gets is fair.

People like him should not get a free pass because they hide behind some kind of code.