Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

According to football outsiders DVOA, Tom Brady is suffering the 2nd worst single-decline by a QB in the past 23 years behind only Farves 2010 season.

Dustin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favre went 10-6 that season and made the playoffs. Brady is on pace to go 12-4 this year and win his division and maybe a bye as well. Even the great ones when they have an off-season stats-wise still win.

The Vikings didn't make the playoffs that year.

The Vikings didn't make the playoffs that year.

My bad. I thought he was still with the Pack. That was his last year, right? When he was injured all the time? And also 41?

Still, like I said, Brady is on pace for 12-4 despite losing almost all of his offensive weapons and key injuries all around the team. He will always be a winner no matter the stat lines.

He also 2 of the most prolific pass droppers in the NFL as starting receivers and he didn't have Gronk for most of the season. Brady is still doing well.

No he's not. He's playing terribly. His accuracy percentage (adjusting for drops) is one of the worst in the league.

When did he hurt it? Because he's been bad all year.

Good luck finding that out. Some say it was early in the season, some say Bucs game, some say Jets game. During post-game of Dolphins game when he had the hand hidden, he said his hand was perfect. It is very frustrating the way they keep things from the fans.

I'm going to give Brady a break here and say that his team is shafting him. I do think he sees ghosts in the pockets tho, and he is forcing throws up the middle because he doesn't trust his receivers to the outside (I don't blame him). I have all the respect for Brady, but it's evident that he is declining. I don't think it's as bad as it looks though imo.

What is the rule regarding reporting injuries ? Can they just put him on the list and not mention the injured hand ?

Idk, BB has been known to out players on the injury report for sneezing so if he wasn't on the injury report, I doubt it's anything serious.

Idk, BB has been known to out players on the injury report for sneezing so if he wasn't on the injury report, I doubt it's anything serious.

I think he's been on the injury report pretty much every week but it's been reported as a shoulder issue. As you say BB makes a mockery out of the rule by reporting nonsense , but it's more serious if injuries are hidden.

My bad. I thought he was still with the Pack. That was his last year, right? When he was injured all the time? And also 41?

Still, like I said, Brady is on pace for 12-4 despite losing almost all of his offensive weapons and key injuries all around the team. He will always be a winner no matter the stat lines.

Do you ever actually look at info, or just throw out comments based on your love for a single player? I'm really starting to question this. I think the fact that they are winning is more because the AFC East because Tom Brady has been terrible.

Behind that weak of an O-line, I'm pretty sure we weren't the only ones that tried to kill him that year. Dallas got him pretty good too before he played us, you just never hear about that.

Big difference between Dallas trying to sack him and the Saints getting money to knock him out of the game.  The late hits in that game were blatant.

Do you ever actually look at info, or just throw out comments based on your love for a single player? I'm really starting to question this. I think the fact that they are winning is more because the AFC East because Tom Brady has been terrible.

The Patriots have a .727 winning percentage outside the division since 2009.

Ok, .750 this year outside the AFC East.

Bucs and Falcons are 2 of your other wins which combine for a record of like 2-14 or something.

The only win over a legitimate team is the Saints, but you also lost to the Bengals.

No doubt they've benefitted from an easy schedule.

The Patriots have a .727 winning percentage outside the division since 2009.

I'm talking about this season alone. Outside of the New Orleans game I have seen Brady on his back, throwing picks, and fumbling. The only thing saving him from Miami was a ill timed, and bad penalty called on Miami for illegal touching. Otherwise that game might have had a different outcome.

Why so much hate against Brady?  He lost Branch, Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead, Gronk for several weeks, and Lloyd, and they are still leading the division.  His numbers may not be there, but he is still a top 5 QB in the league.

I don't know if it's hate. Just acknowledging that Brady is having a bad year. I'm not a huge advocate of DVOA, but that stat takes drops and whatnot into consideration. Brady has been staring receivers down, overthrowing and underthrowing, etc. Just not a good performance by him, even considering the rough circumstances.

You have to mention that his favorite receivers have been gone, and the potential replacements have been hurt and slow to catch on. That's absolutely true, and there's no doubt it's impacted his play. And the team is 6-2 despite the stilted passing game. But saying Brady isn't playing well this year isn't hate. It's just what the situation is right now.

I don't know if it's hate. Just acknowledging that Brady is having a bad year. I'm not a huge advocate of DVOA, but that stat takes drops and whatnot into consideration. Brady has been staring receivers down, overthrowing and underthrowing, etc. Just not a good performance by him, even considering the rough circumstances.

You have to mention that his favorite receivers have been gone, and the potential replacements have been hurt and slow to catch on. That's absolutely true, and there's no doubt it's impacted his play. And the team is 6-2 despite the stilted passing game. But saying Brady isn't playing well this year isn't hate. It's just what the situation is right now.

True, but I think it's blown a little out of proportion.  Take away Decker, Julius for a few weeks, Welker, and Thomas, and replace them with rookies who are consistently dropping passes, and even Peyton would struggle.  Any QB would.

True, but I think it's blown a little out of proportion.  Take away Decker, Julius for a few weeks, Welker, and Thomas, and replace them with rookies who are consistently dropping passes, and even Peyton would struggle.  Any QB would.

It is blown out of proportion.  He has missed some long passes this year but he's always done that so nothing really new there.

Aside from drops its really more he wants to throw to a certain spot and the rookie didn't get the pattern so he has to adjust, maybe hold the ball longer (hence getting hit or sacked) or a stare down. Basically work the rookies into getting better while along keeping the train moving forward in spite of... which is what you expect from a good veteran QB and which he really has done.

He has missed on the "number" of great plays as was taken for grant it in the past but still has made plays to win or help win a game.

What I don't like is Josh McDaniels zeroing in on Gronk so much just because he's back. The rookies were doing better each week and I'd like to see  more of that.

The whole O is out of sync understandably. I think it shows you as well that no QB is a magic man. It takes time to get on the same page and execute on game day. No one was realistically expecting Brady to have the same type of year as last year or previous years statstically given the drop in talent. To say he is not playing well is fair for sure. I still can't believe the team is 6-2 given the O and the injuries but I think much of the credit should go to Bill and his coaching staff. The rooks they have this year from the WR position to the Dline and the DBs are really stepping up each week and that is because they are being coached up.I also think Brady's leadership is shining through as well.

NFL stats are useless but I've always appreciated DVOA as it at least puts perspectives into stats.

I hadn't checked but it would haven been no surprise Brady dropped dramatically this year. If NE goes far this year and on Brady and his DVOA remains at the bottom FO might have to come up with another formula  to add in:)

It is blown out of proportion.  He has missed some long passes this year but he's always done that so nothing really new there.

Aside from drops its really more he wants to throw to a certain spot and the rookie didn't get the pattern so he has to adjust, maybe hold the ball longer (hence getting hit or sacked) or a stare down. Basically work the rookies into getting better while along keeping the train moving forward in spite of... which is what you expect from a good veteran QB and which he really has done.

He has missed on the "number" of great plays as was taken for grant it in the past but still has made plays to win or help win a game.

What I don't like is Josh McDaniels zeroing in on Gronk so much just because he's back. The rookies were doing better each week and I'd like to see  more of that.

Hey man, I drafted Gronk in fantasy and had to wait over a month before finally playing him.  There is nothing wrong with targeting him 20 times a game and each time the Pats are in the red zone haha

ON CLOSE up that could be a huge inflamed bursal sac or tendon sheath at the very least , even a partial  tear to some degree of the ligament that connects the 2nd & 3rd digits , that is between the knuckles , anesthetic inject would render it painless, add a touch of steroid for the inflammation but that can be dangerous in a throwing hand as steroid can also weaken a ligament and especially tendon and cause breakage with stress on it and a throwing hand u have to expect stress

may just be the angle of the dangle but doesn't seem to involve the joint behind the finger, that is where finger is attached as its somewhat off sided and a joint issue should have more of that joint involved, the redness and swelling appears more concentrated to one spot

again photography can be misleading and without a proper history of the symptoms and  how happened and even when its  impossible to accurately say whats involved, , esp without a physical exam, speculating from a picture is dangerous

of note , the finger doesnt appear flexed at the joint by its base which would make it look worse even as would cause area to bow out prominently even more, 

something could of even got under the skin when he went to the ground and got implanted beneath it and can be a forign body reaction , that is a reaction by the body to something foreign as the body tries to get it out unless 1 has surgery for  its removal

so there really are a wide variety of possibilities, none of them make for a pleasant nights sleep let alone playing football

I am just randomly throwing out possibilities of various diagnosis, of which there  are  more ,  knowing he was able to play but not knowing anything about the injury or treatment

peyton the year Collie was a rookie & Garcons  2nd year ( first as a player  as from small school )  had them playing fine but clark and wayne were around too

No he's not. He's playing terribly. His accuracy percentage (adjusting for drops) is one of the worst in the league.

are you sure about this ? . . . do you have a link to adjusted for drops stat ?. . . for what it is worth I heard on the radio the other day that our WR drop percentage is about 4% over the league average . . . so if they were average our passing percentage would be about 4% higher or Brady would be around 60% . . . which I think would put him in the mix of QBs . . . 

I am too lazy and don't have the time to look this up to confirm this and was hoping you might have something handy . . .