Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Case Keenum will Start vs Colts

HtownColt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm just happy for JJ Watt. The guy works his tail off deflecting balls & generating turnovers. He deserves a QB who can keep drives alive not bring them to a screeching hault. I know nothing of Case Keenum, but he can't possibly be worse than Matt Schaub.

Besides, I like tight AFC South Division battles with the Texans not cake walks. QuizBoy & Vance87 deserve a respectable showing anyway & so does DC Wade Philips. 

There's a lot of mediocre talent you have on your list.  I'm talking about big time talent like I mentioned. 

Texas is such a big time football state that A & M moved to the SEC.  That's how great (NOT) Texas is.  and as great as Johnny Manzel is, he still can't win a championship because the SEC is just too darn tough.

Mediocre Talent?  When the hell did Adrian Peterson, Earl Campbell, Dick Lane, Raymond Berry, Lance Alworth, Eric Dickerson, Mike Singletary, Mean Joe Greene, John Randle, Thurman Thomas Slinging Sammy Baugh, and Y.A Tittle become mediocre by an stretch of the imagination? 

Making a major QB change in week 9 is basically an attempt to change a team's misfortunes ASAP, but I wouldn't fire Gary Kubiack yet if I was the owner Robert McNair. Gary & his staff still won back to back division titles. Matt is probably done in Houston & he will be the scapegoat which allows Gary to retain his HC job. I just don't know if Case is a franchise QB or your GM needs to draft one next year. 

Houston still has a ton of talent & your squad is still formidable. I mean no disrespect, but the Schaub experiment is over now. I actually like watching the Texans anything is better than those darn Cowboys. Houston always toughens the Colts up for the post season & I really respect that. 

Feeling a little less worried about the Texans this year. However i really think they take Manziel in the upcoming draft which if true makes me worried. Luck is still the best but in my mind next year our division will have Luck, Bridgewater, Manziel and an improved Locker as the QB's which is quite tough imo. Just my prediction on the future.

The only problem is that Keenum and Manziel are roughly the same player.  "Roughly" in the sense that it can be argued that Keenum is the better player.

The Passing Game

The first things that jumped out to me were the similarities in passing efficiency between the two players.

Player Comp % Pass Y/A TD% INT% TD:INT AY/A Case Keenum 66.6% 7.4 4.9% 1.7% 2.8 7.6 Johnny Manziel 65.4% 7.5 4.2% 2.4% 1.7 7.3

Across the board the stats are strikingly similar.  I’d probably argue that Keenum is the more talented passer.  This leads me to wonder: if case Keenum was considered a system quarterback with insufficient arm strength to play in the NFL, why are some praising Johnny Manziel as a revolutionary quarterback?  On two different occasions Keenum passed for more than 400 yards per game in a season and finished in the top eight in Heisman voting both times.  However, he never stood a chance at winning because he earned the system QB label that had loomed over Andre Ware, Colt Brennan, and many others from small school, high octane programs.  However, when a big school decides to run “a system” and it works in a BCS conference, all the sudden it is legitimate?  Why the double standard?

http://sportswunderkind.com/johnny-manziel-system-qbs-and-the-ghost-of-case-keenum/

Really, you guys, I know it's easy to get pumped about a game when your division rival is on the carpet, but don't sleep on the kid.  In fact, either team could lose this game quite easily...and one will.

It's a divisional road game. That metric makes it a tough game. The state of the Texans is their business. The Colts should win on paper, but it doesn't mean they just get to show up and get the W. The Texans are going to be playing for pride and their season.

The only problem is that Keenum and Manziel are roughly the same player.  "Roughly" in the sense that it can be argued that Keenum is the better player.

http://sportswunderkind.com/johnny-manziel-system-qbs-and-the-ghost-of-case-keenum/

Really, you guys, I know it's easy to get pumped about a game when your division rival is on the carpet, but don't sleep on the kid.  In fact, either team could lose this game quite easily...and one will.

Who can question Jon Moore of SportsWunderkind?

Who can question Jon Moore of SportsWunderkind?

Well, I think Jon Moore is questioning the system - the way things operate when translating over from college to a pro level.  It's an analysis, not an absolute.  Still, it serves its purpose in offering up legitimate questions.  Answers, on the other hand, can only be based upon a body work.  There will be some answers this coming Sunday evening.

I just hope everyone doesn't flip out if he has some success against us. He had some great games in college and played well in his limited time in the NFL too. 

It will be interesting. 

On the other hand, the headlines on Monday could read that The Colts have stated their Case for the AFC South.

Making a major QB change in week 9 is basically an attempt to change a team's misfortunes ASAP, but I wouldn't fire Gary Kubiack yet if I was the owner Robert McNair. Gary & his staff still won back to back division titles. Matt is probably done in Houston & he will be the scapegoat which allows Gary to retain his HC job. I just don't know if Case is a franchise QB or your GM needs to draft one next year.

Houston still has a ton of talent & your squad is still formidable. I mean no disrespect, but the Schaub experiment is over now. I actually like watching the Texans anything is better than those darn Cowboys. Houston always toughens the Colts up for the post season & I really respect that.

If they finish this year below .500, I think you strongly have to consider letting Kubiak go. His teams the past three years (this included) have enough talent to go past the second round but each year fall flat on their face. His scheme offensively has become predictable with a QB who can't push the ball deep downfield. Benching Schaub screams of desperation. It'll be a feat if Kubiak is the Texans coach next year IMO.

The only problem is that Keenum and Manziel are roughly the same player. "Roughly" in the sense that it can be argued that Keenum is the better player.

Really, you guys, I know it's easy to get pumped about a game when your division rival is on the carpet, but don't sleep on the kid. In fact, either team could lose this game quite easily...and one will.

There are plent of pople saying Maziel won't be good in the NFL because of his arm.