Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are We Gonna Be 0-16?

number28

At this point, given how thing are going, I would revise my prediction to 4-12, maybe 3-13. If suddenly the offense gets in sync and the defense and special teams put it together, they could maybe go 6-10, maybe 7-12.

Regardless, as this point, the season is now a lost cause, imho. Concentration should be on developing what young uninjured talent they still have and in evaluating the other bodies with an eye toward the return of Peyton Manning and the return of being a legitimate contender in 2012.

I will still cheer for the Colts, but for the long term good of the franchise, at this point I feel like the higher their draft pick in next year's draft the better. <sigh>

QFT. With the way this team is finding ways to lose 0-16 is a good possibility. Whoever let Garcon watch tape of Ronnie Brown on the Eagles should be fired!

If this team goes 0-16 everyone should be fired and they might as well just rename the MVP Award the Peyton Manning Award.

Been such a long time ago watching this team lose, I swear. A couple weeks ago I accepted the fact that we were going nowhere fast this season. Yeah, some heads will probably roll but I'm not sure which ones just yet. We're not Jeff George - dysfunctional but we are a dysfunctional team in some regards.

We have been "in" every game except for Houston - and who knows what would have happened in that one if not for the early fumbles.

I expect the offense to continue to improve, and that for us to be "in" every game except for NO and NE whose offenses are just too relentless. The Ravens are having a great year as well, but they aren't nearly as explosive. Atlanta is erratic - anything can happen. Anything can happen in a division game too - neither Tennessee nor Houston are "that" good, and Jacksonville (and Carolina) are so bad that we may even be favored against them.

If I was to predict, I'd say 3-5 victories. So far the Colts have been finding interesting ways to lose. At some point they'll starting figuring out how to win.

Edited by MAC

Sticking with my preseason prediction of 2 wins as soon as I heard PM was out. 4 wins TOPS.

Possible wins I saw:

KC- Nope

Cin: lol no

Jax: ?

Jax: ?

It's all on Jax right now. If we played Miami or STL in the "Toilet Bowl" we might stink less than them, but then again....

Edited by Moose Of Woe

We have been "in" every game except for Houston - and who knows what would have happened in that one if not for the early fumbles.

Many teams are in every game every week. Almost in NFL means nothing. A team can go 2-14 and lose 10 games by a TD or less. Happens quite a lot.

an L is an L. Who cares is we are in every game? We don't have the ability or mentality to win games. Half the teams we lost to won't be in the playoffs, but at least they had the ability to win those games.

Many teams are in every game every week. Almost in NFL means nothing. A team can go 2-14 and lose 10 games by a TD or less. Happens quite a lot.

an L is an L. Who cares is we are in every game? We don't have the ability or mentality to win games. Half the teams we lost to won't be in the playoffs, but at least they had the ability to win those games.

It matters because I think that our inability to finish games has a lot to do with Painters inexperience and the injuries and inexperience on the Oline. The only pure talent short fall is in the defensive backfield, and that isn't as big a factor against some opponents. I expect them to be able to finish off teams like Jacksonville and Carolina when the time comes. And losing to the Bengals was as good as a coin flip with the fumbles deciding so much. At some point the coin is going to flip the other way.

I still look forward to the games and hang on every play. Now if they were losing every game by 30 points, it would be just depressing and hopeless.

I think another problem could be our conditioning. We have been in every game except the Texans, and we appear to run out of gas in the 4th quarter. To me it suggests that we could be in better shape. Nothing that some extra wind sprints couldn't cure..........

I think another problem could be our conditioning. We have been in every game except the Texans, and we appear to run out of gas in the 4th quarter. To me it suggests that we could be in better shape. Nothing that some extra wind sprints couldn't cure..........

That is just a symptom of the horrible offense. When your offense averages 15 first downs a game the defense is going to wear down in the 2nd and 4th quarters exactly as they are doing.

This is a myth.

They're professional athletes. Our defense runs out of gas in the second half because our offense can't convert 3rd down. I'm not sure where we stand, league wise, in relation to 3rd down conversion rate, but I reckon somewhere near the very bottom.

This is a myth.

They're professional athletes. Our defense runs out of gas in the second half because our offense can't convert 3rd down. I'm not sure where we stand, league wise, in relation to 3rd down conversion rate, but I reckon somewhere near the very bottom.

The Colts are a pretty average 36% on converting third downs (#19).

However, only the Jaguars and the Jets have fewer first downs per game than the Colts.

idk if we can beat jacksonville actually... If MJD is healthy he is fully capable of steamrolling us for about 175yds. He hates us since we passed over him in the draft. Im thinking our only chance is carolina if Cam throws a bunch of picks lol

This is a myth.

truth.................... spoken...................

What happens if 2 teams go 0-16. How is it decided who gets the first pick?

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

• Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
  • The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
  • The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  • The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  • The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.

If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

It's definitely possible at this point. Jax will be a close one. One a side note though, every team in our division has drafted to beat us for 10 years or so. All three of those teams, Ten jax and hou, play us close when we do have Peyton. Now that we don't, I'm not that confident in our chances of winning this season. Either way, I am feeling us setting yet another record next season...biggest turn around season in NFL history.

I am unclear as to why it matters? So we go 0-16, it's no big deal, it's not like other teams haven't done that before and bounced back to having winning seasons. This is 1 season, now if we follow up with a 2-3 win season and then another 1-3 win season then I become concerned, but right now I am going to just watch and enjoy what we have and know it will get better. Plus this season allows me finally to go see a game live at Lucas, something I have not been able to do since the Colts moved there due to either lack of tickets or price to high. Look at the other side, the NFL could be like the NBA and not even be playing games...

There is no way we win 2 games this year. Jacksonville is our only chance, and will be lucky to win 1 of them. Our best finish is 1-15. Our even better finish is 0-16, securing the #1 pick. I consider 0-16 an honor to Peyton Manning, to show how good he makes our team MVP-wise..

We have the worst defense in the league, not even miami's d is that bad this many games.