Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

polian's response to irsay.

Stephen

Maybe I'm just a simple guy, but I see no need for anyone to explain or comment on what turned out to be an unequivocal win-win-WIN situation.

(And the extra WIN was deliberate, because this whole scene, as bad as it could have been, turned out as well as it possibly could have for both the Broncos and the Colts.)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^100% agreed.

Think about it... "Operation Blue out"  - done because the Colts are "prime time" again. Irsay wants the attention, good or bad. Ask the Kardashians it works!

This is already a big game that was going to bring in a lot ratings... but now it's a national spectacle! This will be the #1 story across all sports media outlets across the country and EVERYONE is going to tune in.

Now just think about the Money that will bring in. Sounds like Irsay did some research of his own.

Im sure he thought about that being a business man first (it would be the smart thing to do) but what he said was nothing the Colts fans have not said or thought for years even when we were stringng up division banners, Those that think he took a shot at Peyton are just looking for a story or are secretly(some not so secret) hoping this adds to Peytons fuel to win and even to some win big against the Colts as a way of showing Irsays (and Peytons) decision to part ways up, Its simple really to me. Peyton is still a great QB, the Colts have a pretty good QB in there own right and will  be great sooner then later (how great is to be determined) both sides worked out well, Time to move on and give Peyton his proper respect when he retires. Thats how I feel about it

Bronco fans should be ECSTATIC and should shut their mouths. .   

??

Confused by this statement... We have done no hating... we have not added fuel to the fire... in fact we LOVE Peyton here. We haven't had a decent QB since Elway. we went 11 years with no quality QBs.

??

Confused by this statement... We have done no hating... we have not added fuel to the fire... in fact we LOVE Peyton here. We haven't had a decent QB since Elway. we went 11 years with no quality QBs.

Cutlers pretty decent....obviously not the caliber of Peyton, very few if any are but he is decent with an O Line that can pass block

They probably won't substitute for Manning now due to the comments, in the 4th quarter, which means Irsay just slapped another 14 more points on our loss. Thanks Jim, we are going to get thrashed.

So, losing by an extra 14 points moves us down in the BCS chase for the Division Title?  :\

They probably won't substitute for Manning now due to the comments, in the 4th quarter, which means Irsay just slapped another 14 more points on our loss. Thanks Jim, we are going to get thrashed.

So you are saying we lost this game?  Our TEAM has PRIDE and GUTS, they will play 60 minutes of football Sunday night.  We may win or we may lose, but this Colts team will come out of that tunnel ready to castrate those Broncos, you can bet on that.

Your especially negative for a Wednesday, are you not?

Polian was just on NFL Live on ESPN. And he said...

I think he's disappointed we didn't win more Super Bowls....I know this, the franchise was a lot better off when we left than when we got there....we're proud of what we accomplished...Baltimore won their 2nd Super Bowl with Jim Caldwell....what we accomplished is in the record books. And if that wasn't enough, that's fine...its a shame this all detracts from Peyton's return to Indianapolis....I also think the fans in Indianapolis don't need any contrived celebration for his return..."

Yep! He also said he and his FO team and ex Colts coaches records are already recorded in the books. It's up to Irsay's new regime to show their accomplishments. And he did wish them well (kind of felt that was with a little wink too, at least internally).

"We both Grumpy!" - poliangrumpy_zpsc2c15106.jpgGrumpy-Cat_zpsb96bf8db.jpg

??

I believe he may be referring to joining in on the media created Peyton vs. Irsay train wreck.  Most Colts players have no involvement and don't care, and the few left (Mathis, Bethea) have a strong bond and pro respect for each other).  And i have not seen a single Bronco fan come here and pour fuel on the fire, so he may also be referring to other web sites/message boards.

Irsay was just speaking in general. Polian and Bayless both try to make something out of nothing. Both of those guys are media hounds now and are always looking for an angle to start talking about. Bayless has always had nothing but negativity to the Colts and Irsay. Polian 's comment was he didn't know what to think of Irsay's comments. Not really a story here for me as I don't watch or listen to either of them.

Agreed!!

There's no need for him to apologize. What exactly did Irsay say wrong? He prefers championships > stats. Just like 31 other owners. The media is spinning this into a Peyton vs. Irsay thing and you're falling for it. Hook n' sinker.

When the media (ESPN) has Manning vs. Irsay on the leftside, you know the media is soaking up every minute and twisting it as hard as they can.

When the media (ESPN) has Manning vs. Irsay on the leftside, you know the media is soaking up every minute and twisting it as hard as they can.

The media has one goal get the best ratings they can and the way you do that is to have a controversy so you better believe it they are going to spin this as much as they can and wont stop till after Sunday.  I would say most Colts fans might be better off just to not watch ESPN this week.  I give it up during football season and my life is better for it. 

The media has one goal get the best ratings they can and the way you do that is to have a controversy so you better believe it they are going to spin this as much as they can and wont stop till after Sunday.  I would say most Colts fans might be better off just to not watch ESPN this week.  I give it up during football season and my life is better for it. 

Yep. I have paid no attention at all to any of this unless I read it here on the forums. I honestly don't care. It's all noise. They want to milk it as much as possible too and will. And they want all of us to pay as much attention to it as well and get invested and even *gasp* pick a side!

It's a football game this weekend to me. Nothing more, nothing less. It means more considering the opponents QB and what he did here. But, in the end it is still a game that will be played like every week and then when it's over everyone will go on with their lives regardless of the outcome.

So you are saying we lost this game?  Our TEAM has PRIDE and GUTS, they will play 60 minutes of football Sunday night.  We may win or we may lose, but this Colts team will come out of that tunnel ready to castrate those Broncos, you can bet on that.

Your especially negative for a Wednesday, are you not?

Irsay spotted the Broncos 14 points.