Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mario Harvey

SilentHill

It was embarrassing to see him on the field. He looks fat n out of shape. There have to way better LBs on a local semi pro team

At the first look I thought that some DL was playing LB. waaayyyy too slow.  How in the world did we keep this player.

He is a 2 down interior linebacker who was forced into a 4 down role do to the Freeman injury,

^^^This ... Harvey is decent when used properly ... asking him to cover a fast TE is not using him properly.   Freeman would have had a hard time covering Green.

If Kavell Conner was a healthy scratch someone needs to be fired. Harvey and Sheppard over Conner is just *ic and it hurt us hugely tonight.

I agree for the most part, I wanna know what Conner did to upset someone

There is a lot of blame to go around on this loss, I just don't think Harvey would be at the top of my list.

He gets a big share of my blame for not going to his coach and saying "Coach, I don't know if you see this, but I can't drop into coverage, and it is not in the best interest of the team for me to be out here on 3rd down"

There was easily 5 yards of separation on him every time they took the ball to the receiver he was covering.

He gets a big share of my blame for not going to his coach and saying "Coach, I don't know if you see this, but I can't drop into coverage, and it is not in the best interest of the team for me to be out here on 3rd down"

There was easily 5 yards of separation on him every time they took the ball to the receiver he was covering.

You really think that would be the best move for a someone not named Luck, Wayne, Mathis, etc ... is to question the decisions of a coach who already looks ticked off on a team that loves to churn the bottom of the roster .... Really?  If I were him I would do the same thing: keep my mouth shut and do what I was told the best I could.

Of course he gave them a cushion his role is not to cover receivers, if he did not give them a cushion he would have been burnt much worse ... he is a run stopper.

I

Harvey was embarrassing.

I haven't seen a LB look more out of his depth in a long time. He looked huge, not ripped either just fat and out of shape. Would not surprise me to see him put up 260-270lbs on a scale right now, that's either on him or on the conditioning staff. We probably have D-linemen who are faster and more agile. Even Kelvin Shepard would have been a step up. 

The defense looked gassed again tonight. Something they might want to work on.

I think he played ok for a guy playing out of his role, not to mention someone who's buried in the depth chart. The guy is a tweener between a ILB and a DT, he's not supposed to be in coverage. To me its like blaming a 3rd string safety who's getting somewhat picked on when playing as a #2 CB. Even with his size, he's just as fast as Angerer and Sheppard. The guy is kind of a freak but he has little experience.

I don't see the point in blaming Mario Harvey, sometimes the injury bug bites hard.

I think he played ok for a guy playing out of his role, not to mention someone who's buried in the depth chart. The guy is a tweener between a ILB and a DT, he's not supposed to be in coverage. To me its like blaming a 3rd string safety who's getting somewhat picked on when playing as a #2 CB. Even with his size, he's just as fast as Angerer and Sheppard. The guy is kind of a freak but he has little experience.

I don't see the point in blaming Mario Harvey, sometimes the injury bug bites hard.

On top of that, didn't they originally bring him in as an OLB?  They then converted him to ILB because of the depth we had at OLB at the time.  If I'm remembering correctly.

Look at our other linebackers and look him....dude has a stomach of a pregnant woman carrying triplets he's fat and sloppy we dont need that on the field

Your right, he's built like a lineman but he also has the speed of a LB, which is my point. The sloppiness is a lack of experience.

We let go of the wrong harvey this guy is fat and out of shape and he cant NOT cover I did not understand why they had him trying to cover a TE or WR smh

Perhaps because Conner was inactive, Freeman suffered a concussion and...something was up with Angerer because he didn't play much the 2nd half either.  They were essentially down to Harvey and Shepperd.  They had no other options at ILB.  Really not that hard to understand.  They can't just activate Conner mid-game. :)

Perhaps because Conner was inactive, Freeman suffered a concussion and...something was up with Angerer because he didn't play much the 2nd half either.  They were essentially down to Harvey and Shepperd.  They had no other options at ILB.  Really not that hard to understand.  They can't just activate Conner mid-game. :)

I'm not sayin that what I'm saying is how did he get on the squad playing that and looking sloopy as he does....keep sheppard on the field leave him.....like I said we cut the wrong harvey period

Dude is a fat linebacker in a 3-4 scheme we should've just put in an extra DB or safety to cover then use a fat line backer to cover against wood head

Perhaps but then we have a back up DB trying to stop the run and getting blown up by blockers. Our coaching staff would've loved to put Landry on Woodhead or Conner. The injury bug really bites sometimes.