Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ceasar Rayford

TheJACKCOLT

I'm actually a soccer fan (mostly international soccer) but I could never follow the Premier league.  The best players in the world play there but at the same time if your team isn't Manchester U, Chelsea or Arsenal you won't be winning a championship.  

Pretty crazy that Manchester U has won 13 of the last 21.  

For the record baseball isn't nearly as fair as the NFL is.  The big market teams are always the ones winning the championships.  The New York Yankee's are often considered the slightly less successful version of Manchester U.  The NFL is probably the most fair professional league.  

College football isn't very fair either but that's because high school recruits pick what school they want to play for and the best ones always go to the teams with the most history or at the very least the team's that exist in the warmest weather.

That and the SEC cheats.  

Well, first of all soccer is boring and routinely gets some of the lowest tv ratings of all sports (in the US anyway).  So, most people don't care, including me.

Second of all, the Yankees don't win anymore and haven't for some time. The Cardinals and the A's are not big market teams and are very successful and it's because of their great front offices.   So, everybody has a shot, all they need to do is actually cultivate a good farm league team and scout better.

Thirdly, most big NCAA football programs cheat at one time or another, not just the SEC.  USC, Ohio St., Oklahoma St., etc....if you lived in the Southeast, you would see why we win all of the time.  We are a hotbed of college football...live it...breathe it.  We are what the state of Texas tries to be, except we win championships and they don't.  

Not to hijack the thread but I was watching that game as well and I was specifically trying to watch Rayford and IMP he held his own but didn't do anything great.  But I noticed this one guy, #70  kept getting in the backfield, taking on double teams and creating a lot of havoc.  It was another former Colt, Drake Nevis.

Still bummed we couldn't find a spot for Drake.  Have to love his motor and while he's better suited to the 4-3, I think he was a great pass rushing option at DE in the 3-4 on passing downs.  One of the few Polian picks in the later years that was really good.  On the other hand, it's a great statement of depth on defense when you have to cut a guy like him.

I also looked for Rayford and Nevis. I couldn't watch the whole game but for the time I watched I didn't see anything special from Rayford and I didn't see Nevis at all. Did Nevis really play a lot?

I didn't notice them either.  They each had 1 tackle.  So there's that.

This statement confirms you have lived or currently in Texas with their "should have, could have, would have " talk that is typical of all Cowboy fans.   

Why are you making assumptions about me without even meeting me? Heck we have barely conversed over a handful of posts, And its a fact, Romo is a very good QB with very good receiving talent and a better (not great) O Line, there defense has been.......well exactly what the Tampa 2 is...Bend and hope to god the offense breaks type of defense, as soon as they secondary of there plays up to there talent level then they will be a force

Why don't we throw Tim Jennings in for old times sakes. You know, "the ones that got away....."

At the time Tim Jennings did not fit the cover 2. He was not very good in that type of coverage. Little did we know he would shine in man to man coverage. If my memory serves me Jennings struggled big time his time here at Indy. Maybe if the Colts would have given him more time we could have used his ability. With all of the turnover the Colts have had in players there was one who got away as you say.

This statement confirms you have lived or currently in Texas with their "should have, could have, would have " talk that is typical of all Cowboy fans.

Do you also deduce that he's served in the merchant navy, has a penchant for painting watercolour landscapes and his favorite marsupial is a Kola?

Oo oo do me next :P

It seems to be true, though, that Grigson likes to fiddle a lot with those last three or four roster spots.  It's probably good, though, in that it's nice to have a number of ex-Colts out there who can fill in on short notice in case of extreme injury situations.  For example, a few more RB injuries and we can just pluck Kerwynn Williams off the Chargers' PS and he'll be pretty ready to play for the Colts.

Well, first of all soccer is boring and routinely gets some of the lowest tv ratings of all sports (in the US anyway).  So, most people don't care, including me.

Second of all, the Yankees don't win anymore and haven't for some time. The Cardinals and the A's are not big market teams and are very successful and it's because of their great front offices.   So, everybody has a shot, all they need to do is actually cultivate a good farm league team and scout better.

Thirdly, most big NCAA football programs cheat at one time or another, not just the SEC.  USC, Ohio St., Oklahoma St., etc....if you lived in the Southeast, you would see why we win all of the time.  We are a hotbed of college football...live it...breathe it.  We are what the state of Texas tries to be, except we win championships and they don't.  

No you win all the time because the vast majority of your team's over-sign recruits, something most other conferences have banned.

And beyond that most SEC schools have the attitude that if you arn't cheating you arn't trying.

Which is another reason why I like the NFL.  There is less cheating going on.  

I'm sorry but the colts has the most unstable roster of all the teams. Team pic was just taken 2-3 weeks ago and I bet 25% of the team is not the same. Most unstable work environment of all. Bet Rayford is glad he is gone just so he can breathe

and not live in a hotel.

50315_16603690970_8632_n.jpg

Why don't we throw Tim Jennings in for old times sakes. You know, "the ones that got away....."

We could also throw Philip Wheeler in there, Hughes has been playing good ball for Buffalo (definitely better than Sheppard has been playing for the Colts), Dallas Clark in Baltimore, heck even Collie made a big catch in NE's game winning drive.

At the time Tim Jennings did not fit the cover 2. He was not very good in that type of coverage. Little did we know he would shine in man to man coverage. If my memory serves me Jennings struggled big time his time here at Indy. Maybe if the Colts would have given him more time we could have used his ability. With all of the turnover the Colts have had in players there was one who got away as you say.

Good point, except that Jennings went to Chicago and played in a Cover 2 defense.

Still bummed we couldn't find a spot for Drake.  Have to love his motor and while he's better suited to the 4-3, I think he was a great pass rushing option at DE in the 3-4 on passing downs.  One of the few Polian picks in the later years that was really good.  On the other hand, it's a great statement of depth on defense when you have to cut a guy like him.

I understand he was not a great fit for the new Colts D.  I liked Nevis and I was glad to see him doing well in Dallas.  He was signed as insurance and got his chance to play in the 3rd and 4th quarter and really made the most of his chance, IMO.  I think it's funny some people say he only had one tackle so he couldn't have done much didn't watch the game that closely.  For example, on the play where #51 on Dallas caused the fumble and recovered it at the 3 yard line, #51 looped around and RGIII tried to step up in the pocket but couldn't because Nevis, while being double teamed, pushed both blockers back into the pocket and RGIII had now where to go but to get sacked.

Do you read your own post? So I guess you work hard at your trade and deserve to be treated any kind of way. By the time they become pro they have been perfecting their trade at least 20years. what is your point? They trained most of their life to have a job week to week and you think being in an unstable work environment is ok. Take away your social security and you will be devastated,  

From the time these players were in H.S., with special athletic ability to play football, these players have been coddled, given tutors to do their school work lest, heaven forbid, they would be restricted from playing on Saturday, given money under the table and any other favors any supporter can think of.   

How do you equate being paid millions of dollars to play football, with working at a trade until it is time to retire and receive your social security? 

Momsy you are preaching to the choir and the only one out of tune is you. 

We could also throw Philip Wheeler in there, Hughes has been playing good ball for Buffalo (definitely better than Sheppard has been playing for the Colts), Dallas Clark in Baltimore, heck even Collie made a big catch in NE's game winning drive.

I highly doubt that the Colts would or could afford the contract that Wheeler signed.

Why are you making assumptions about me without even meeting me? Heck we have barely conversed over a handful of posts, And its a fact, Romo is a very good QB with very good receiving talent and a better (not great) O Line, there defense has been.......well exactly what the Tampa 2 is...Bend and hope to god the offense breaks type of defense, as soon as they secondary of there plays up to there talent level then they will be a force[/

I work with quite a few transplanted Texans and they are the worst of all fans. They wear you down with their ridiculous bragging. I wish Mexico would make us an offer for the whole state. I never thought you would be on their bandwagon, but like you said, I don't know you just your posts.

Well looks like the Colts just lost to their practice squad or vested ex-employees which sort of ticks. Didn't know Rayford before everyone was loving his story and then whining about losing him. Besides that he has been gone for weeks, why is he still even coming up and has his own thread on this site. I at least hope he can get an endorsement deal from all this fake concern. Thanks for making him relevant. To assume that someone who committed their self to be better in a profession to earn their dream job shouldn't be compensated and doesn't really have  any job security for your viewing pleasure and then have fans whine about it is ignorant and offensive to the player. What fair weather fans you are. For you intellectuals that over internalize get serious. You are either slackers that are warming the seat and blocking the path of the truly gifted person who is trying to promote or you are self employed. At any rate us normal people need to earn our credits to one day get social security by being in jobs long enough to receive the benefit or are paying in a pension plan after we have earned enough years to be vested in that company. You become vested through years of service. Yeah it is the players choice but look at the age of most of them. Kids who are pursuing their dream who probably won't get a second contract. I bet most of them call each other :Man: because it is easier than remembering someone's name that will be gone by Tuesday. Coaches(plural) need to grow a pair and tell the GM to leave the roster alone so us fans can buy a jersey or 2 of their favorite player. I feel they treat us as "Next Fan Up"!!!!! we are expendable,

Well looks like the Colts just lost to their practice squad or vested ex-employees which sort of ticks. Didn't know Rayford before everyone was loving his story and then whining about losing him. Besides that he has been gone for weeks, why is he still even coming up and has his own thread on this site. I at least hope he can get an endorsement deal from all this fake concern. Thanks for making him relevant. To assume that someone who committed their self to be better in a profession to earn their dream job shouldn't be compensated and doesn't really have  any job security for your viewing pleasure and then have fans whine about it is ignorant and offensive to the player. What fair weather fans you are. For you intellectuals that over internalize get serious. You are either slackers that are warming the seat and blocking the path of the truly gifted person who is trying to promote or you are self employed. At any rate us normal people need to earn our credits to one day get social security by being in jobs long enough to receive the benefit or are paying in a pension plan after we have earned enough years to be vested in that company. You become vested through years of service. Yeah it is the players choice but look at the age of most of them. Kids who are pursuing their dream who probably won't get a second contract. I bet most of them call each other :Man: because it is easier than remembering someone's name that will be gone by Tuesday. Coaches(plural) need to grow a pair and tell the GM to leave the roster alone so us fans can buy a jersey or 2 of their favorite player. I feel they treat us as "Next Fan Up"!!!!! we are expendable,

Is there someone we can call to come pick you up?