Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

saints @ patriots thread

shakedownstreet

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good tough win by the Pats, the throw was just out of the reach of Greer, Brady has him some young wr talent that can make plays, It will be interesting to see if after Brady hangs the cleats if Mallet can keep the Pats competing for playoff births for years to come

You will win tomorrow. San Diego is not a threat. Then Denver. Can't wait. After today, you can beat Denver. Their D is horrible.

Jax took them into the 4th Quarter (but that was with Henne and not Crappert)....they were hanging around just down by 9 until Henne threw an Int and Manning promptly threw a TD off the turnover

Jax took them into the 4th Quarter (but that was with Henne and not Crappert)....they were hanging around just down by 9 until Henne threw an Int and Manning promptly threw a TD off the turnover

Colts are most complete team in the AFC. And you have Luck who can win close games. Denver will have all they can handle to win next week.

Hey Saints coaching staff name the single most AFC QB noted for destroying a team in the last two minutes of a game. Hint: it is not Manning and his name rhymes with "Grady". The game aint over until it's over.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

Actually it is Manning largely do to all the bad defenses he has been on

Brady is 8th on the list

EDIT-I meant Mannings teams having bad defenses

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

Actually it is Manning largely do to all the bad defenses he has been on

Brady is 8th on the list

EDIT-I meant Mannings teams having bad defenses

Actually it was Brady's 38th comeback if you count playoffs which ties him with Manning at #1, http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/10/5_takeaways_from_the_patriots-saints_game.html

Brady = Tony Romo 2.0

You expect an interception when its crunch time.

I am not, in general, the type to respond to this, but had to ask if this was tongue-in-cheek or if this is what you're actually bringing to the table. Because if it is... if you're sincerely comparing Tony Romo to Tom Brady... well, sorry. For you, I mean! 

:thmup:

This game was a great example of how having a running attack makes everything better. 

The Saints have played well on D but they're small-ish almost across the board. The Patriots ran it aggressively and forced a lot of man coverage throughout the game. As a result, Brady looked 100 times better than he did against Cincy. On the first series of the Bengals game last week, Brady play-actioned and got blasted for a sack. It all went downhill from there.

I don't know if they will be able to run against better defenses though. I think this how it will go for New England this year. Up one week, down the next. The Jets will play them tough next week and it will probably be a close game.

Actually it was Brady's 38th comeback if you count playoffs which ties him with Manning at #1, http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/10/5_takeaways_from_the_patriots-saints_game.html

I think you're crossing game winning drives and fourth quarter comebacks between these guys.  Linked are the game logs and totals:

Tom Brady: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BradTo00

28 fourth quarter comebacks, 39 game winning drives

Peyton Manning:  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=MannPe00

39 fourth quarter comebacks, 50 game winning drives

Brady's performance is awesome, just somewhat less awesome than Manning on these particular metrics.  

I think you're crossing game winning drives and fourth quarter comebacks between these guys.  Linked are the game logs and totals:

Tom Brady: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BradTo00

28 fourth quarter comebacks, 39 game winning drives

Peyton Manning:  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=MannPe00

39 fourth quarter comebacks, 50 game winning drives

Brady's performance is awesome, just somewhat less awesome than Manning on these particular metrics.  

Man, these guys are awesome. :)

This game was a great example of how having a running attack makes everything better. 

The Saints have played well on D but they're small-ish almost across the board. The Patriots ran it aggressively and forced a lot of man coverage throughout the game. As a result, Brady looked 100 times better than he did against Cincy. On the first series of the Bengals game last week, Brady play-actioned and got blasted for a sack. It all went downhill from there.

I don't know if they will be able to run against better defenses though. I think this how it will go for New England this year. Up one week, down the next. The Jets will play them tough next week and it will probably be a close game.

We usually smash the Jets in NY for some reason. Here's hoping for a repeat of last year's T-giving game. ;)

Great Sound FX from this game with Brady:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000264587/Sound-FX-Tom-Brady

It's funny, at around 2:40, when he throws the INT that looked like it was going to seal the game, he chucks it and immediately says, "Oh Jules..." talking about Julian Edelman. Then it shows Brady talking to him on the bench. Edelman says he over-ran it but it was more like an under-throw, lol...

Also interesting to see him interacting with Dobson and the other young guys. Not exactly the scolding body language from early in the season. 

Great Sound FX from this game with Brady:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000264587/Sound-FX-Tom-Brady

It's funny, at around 2:40, when he throws the INT that looked like it was going to seal the game, he chucks it and immediately says, "Oh Jules..." talking about Julian Edelman. Then it shows Brady talking to him on the bench. Edelman says he over-ran it but it was more like an under-throw, lol...

Also interesting to see him interacting with Dobson and the other young guys. Not exactly the scolding body language from early in the season. 

That was awesome! Leadership personified ....

That was awesome! Leadership personified ....

I always wonder if the guys miked up for this show remain aware of it as the game goes on or if they sort of temper themselves. But I thought it was cool to see Brady encouraging them all to "build confidence" and play balls-out on that last drive. He also was cool with Dobson, calling him A.D. each time, and was pretty calm at the end there when everyone was going nuts. 

It's probably taken a few weeks off the end of my life but I have to say I've enjoyed the Patriots' season this year. Almost more so than seeing them crush one team after another. This is how it was back in the old days, lol... you never got off the edge of your seat, if you could sit at all!

I always wonder if the guys miked up for this show remain aware of it as the game goes on or if they sort of temper themselves. But I thought it was cool to see Brady encouraging them all to "build confidence" and play balls-out on that last drive. He also was cool with Dobson, calling him A.D. each time, and was pretty calm at the end there when everyone was going nuts. 

It's probably taken a few weeks off the end of my life but I have to say I've enjoyed the Patriots' season this year. Almost more so than seeing them crush one team after another. This is how it was back in the old days, lol... you never got off the edge of your seat, if you could sit at all!

Yup, they're back to the old days of just finding ways to win a game and pull out a victory.  People seem to forget that they never really dominated anybody back in 2003 and 2004, but they made the plays they needed to make when they needed to make them to come away with wins and it lead to back to back Super Bowl titles.

Their chances got hurt a lot losing their 2 top defensive players AND captains.  Wilfork and Mayo were the only team captains on the defensive side of the ball and they're both IR'ed and done for the year.  Doesn't get much worse than that.

I wonder too. Brady seems pretty natural but he has to know that he is being taped.

I am enjoying the season as well. I always knew the last few seasons that we didn't have the D to make a deep playoff run with 2011 being a pleasant exception. I feel like this year the team is back to playing the right brand of football. And I do like these young WRs a lot. They just need to hang on to the balls.

Jets week is here again already. I kind of wished we played them later so I could savor it more. Just love when we play them and all of Rex's quotes. :)