Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lawrence Guy Signed by Chargers [Merge]

dw49

So dramatic over an okay player. If he was so invaluable I'm sure the FO would have noticed.

The overreaction is like clockwork around here when someone gets released.

Yep. 

First of all, I'll start by saying THANK YOU Lawrence Guy for your effort Sunday. Your heads-up (hands-up?) play was the catalyst for a sudden momentum change that rallied us toward victory. Guy's effort got quite a few chins out of our players chests. Thank you Lawrence Guy. 

But......we don't watch him day in and day out, we aren't privy to the daily goings on at practice. I trust our leadership made the difficult, but correct decision. 

I can almost guarantee it's for intel. Why would they want him now after he was on the streets for 4 weeks?

I don't know that they can learn anymore from Guy than they would have already learned from Drake Nevis.  It's possible, I suppose.  But I don't think any intel tehy get will help them anymore than the film already does. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

We kept Reed over Guy!! 

tumblr_msoe38lVQb1rezzono1_r1_500.gif

I love how people always want the best 53 players, regardless of what position they play.  If we did that we would only have 3 offensive lineman on the roster.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Isn't it crazy?  In less then 2 full seasons we went from "How are we even going to field a team this year"  to having other teams sign players we cut, and trade for our 3rd stringers.

Note to Grigs:  From this point forth, here's the compromise.

If a player's name gets called two times or more on a telecast for good playmaking, he is retained for the next week.  Once his name is not mentioned for playmaking at least twice, he is available to be waived.  There is one exception.  If it is a sack, blocked kick, forced fumble or INT, then one mention is acceptable. Guy had more than one mention AND one of the above (so more than enough) and so he would be playing AGAINST the chargers, not FOR the chargers!!

Note to Grigs: From this point forth, here's the compromise.

If a player's name gets called two times or more on a telecast for good playmaking, he is retained for the next week. Once his name is not mentioned for playmaking at least twice, he is available to be waived. There is one exception. If it is a sack, blocked kick, forced fumble or INT, then one mention is acceptable. Guy had more than one mention AND one of the above (so more than enough) and so he would be playing AGAINST the chargers, not FOR the chargers!!

I'm sure he is taking your suggestion seriously

Guest TeamLoloJones

Um what? 

Brazil should've replaced Reed, not Guy....no question. 

Then we have only 4 WRs on the roster...thats not enough.