Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cleveland looking to trade Josh Gordon

illdubb

I would think they would try to deal him to an NFC team, but you never know after the Richardson trade. Depends of what pick they got. We could use him in Baltimore, but we just gave up a 4 and 5 for Monroe, although we'll probably get those back in the supplemental draft. Cleveland would never trade him to us. 

Rumours have him going to the 49ers, but they are just rumours as of now

Thats a good fit too, and they are loaded up on draft picks to comfortably pull the trigger if thr price is right. New England will make an offer, I think, but its more likely San Fran can make a better one.

Guest TeamLoloJones

The 9ers have Boldin and are getting Crabtree back soon so im not sure about that. I really hope the Colts trade for him.

What would you give up for him?

The 9ers have Boldin and are getting Crabtree back soon so im not sure about that. I really hope the Colts trade for him.

The Colts are out of the running. They already have depth at wide out with Wayne, DHB, Hilton, and now Brazill. They also likely wouldnt be able to pay the price Cleveland will want, as thats a team fishing for every draft pick it can get, and they already got our first rounder.

The Colts are out of the running. They already have depth at wide out with Wayne, DHB, Hilton, and now Brazill. They also likely wouldnt be able to pay the price Cleveland will want, as thats a team fishing for every draft pick it can get, and they already got our first rounder.

I doubt Cleveland could squeeze a 1st out of Gordon, maybe a second. DHB's contract is over this year and theres a chance he doesn't come back. Wayne could potentially retire after next season. Hilton is much better when he doesn't start the game on the outside and I just don't see Brazill as anything special. Gordon could be a big-time receiving option with Luck.

I doubt Cleveland could squeeze a 1st out of Gordon, maybe a second. DHB's contract is over this year and theres a chance he doesn't come back. Wayne could potentially retire after next season. Hilton is much better when he doesn't start the game on the outside and I just don't see Brazill as anything special. Gordon could be a big-time receiving option with Luck.

The point is, Indy already shorted itslef a draft pick in the Richardson trade, and wont want to surrender another that easily, especially from the second or third round. Plus theres teams with multiple high round picks like San Fran out there who could trade them and still operate normally in the draft.

I can't see the Colts dealing anymore draft picks at this time. We need to draft depth and the rookie wage scale is where they need to do that. Right now the Colts are in good shape next season as far as the cap room and Griggs will more than likely want a little wiggle room just in case. We also have a couple of Colts who will become free agents and will need money to pay them if Griggs wants to keep them. Bethea, D. Brown, Davis, Adam V., Angerer and Patty Mac are all due next season.

A lot of people have said we need and mocked us a receiver in the draft. I would much rather have Gordon than any potential receiver in the draft (other than Sammy Watkins but chances are he'll be out of their range)

And then we signed DHB to a one year deal to try him out.

Its simply not happening. No GM in his right mind would trade away their first and third round pick in the same draft. Its completely cutting yourself off from the young talent flowing in from college.

If you honestly think Grigson would do that, you have the lowest opinion of him of anyone Ive seen on this board.

And then we signed DHB to a one year deal to try him out.

Its simply not happening. No GM in his right mind would trade away their first and third round pick in the same draft. Its completely cutting yourself off from the young talent flowing in from college.

If you honestly think Grigson would do that, you have the lowest opinion of him of anyone Ive seen on this board.

There is no saying DHB will be back though. He could do the exact same thing Landry did last year or the Colts might just go another direction. In no way is it meant that I have a low opinion of Grigson, I think its actually a testament to how well he does at drafting. I have the utmost confidence that with a 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th Grigson could find two long-term starters. As far as the picks, I would gladly give up draft picks for young players, who are full of potential and already proven to be successful.

I can't see the Colts dealing anymore draft picks at this time. We need to draft depth and the rookie wage scale is where they need to do that. Right now the Colts are in good shape next season as far as the cap room and Griggs will more than likely want a little wiggle room just in case. We also have a couple of Colts who will become free agents and will need money to pay them if Griggs wants to keep them. Bethea, D. Brown, Davis, Adam V., Angerer and Patty Mac are all due next season.

Gordon is on the rookie wage scale and makes similar money to Fleener I believe. Gordon wouldn't really affect us much in terms of salary cap.

Should have used that 1st on Gordon if we were so willing to part with our 1st rounder and picked up a rb off the market

The problem with that is that Gordon isn't going to be worth a 1st. Part of the reason that TRich got traded for a 1st is because the Browns didn't really have much inclination to trade him. The Browns have already sold themselves short on Gordon because they've painted him as damaged goods by saying they don't want him and that draft pick they used on him was a waste

There is no saying DHB will be back though. He could do the exact same thing Landry did last year or the Colts might just go another direction. In no way is it meant that I have a low opinion of Grigson, I think its actually a testament to how well he does at drafting. I have the utmost confidence that with a 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th Grigson could find two long-term starters. As far as the picks, I would gladly give up draft picks for young players, who are full of potential and already proven to be successful.

Gordon is on the rookie wage scale and makes similar money to Fleener I believe. Gordon wouldn't really affect us much in terms of salary cap.

Even if you thought it was smart to give up another high round draft pick (its not), San Francisco still has greater need this season and can outbid Indy if they needed to, having multiple picks in several rounds this year. New England is also desperate enough for a recieving threat to offer more than Indy would be willing to.

In no way does Indy make the trade for Gordon. Not only is the price too high, they can be outbid by other teams who need it more. Its not happening.

The point is, Indy already shorted itslef a draft pick in the Richardson trade, and wont want to surrender another that easily, especially from the second or third round. Plus theres teams with multiple high round picks like San Fran out there who could trade them and still operate normally in the draft.

If it wasn't for his being one failed test away from a year suspension I would do the deal in a heartbeat. The kid is only 22 and odds are he is going to be much better than any receiver one could find in the 2nd or third round.

If it wasn't for his being one failed test away from a year suspension I would do the deal in a heartbeat. The kid is only 22 and odds are he is going to be much better than any receiver one could find in the 2nd or third round.

Thank you, im glad someone else agrees.

You brought up a very good point. His drug problem. He has been caught at least 3 times in college. He was kicked off off the team at Baylor for drugs. I am not too sure how many drug test you have to fail before the NFL makes it public and suspends you but it happened. So we are going to gamble a draft pick that we are already short on for a player who hasn't proved himself to be trustworthy? 

You brought up a very good point. His drug problem. He has been caught at least 3 times in college. He was kicked off off the team at Baylor for drugs. I am not too sure how many drug test you have to fail before the NFL makes it public and suspends you but it happened. So we are going to gamble a draft pick that we are already short on for a player who hasn't proved himself to be trustworthy?

He will likely end up with rhe 9ers or the Pats. Both those teams dont care about off field issues as long as you produce, and are needy at wideout enough to strike a deal.

Entitlement mentality, Poor work ethic, tendency to run with the wrong crowd, AND drug problems?  Who cares if he can play or not, why in the world, with that much potential to cause all kinds of problems on and off the field, would you want someone like that ANYwhere near your team? :dunno: 

Because sometimes that person just figures it all out and puts it all together. That's where the Vontaze Burficts and Zach Randolphs of the world come from.

Browns are auctioning off all their top players.  Who ever they manage to get as their QB in the next draft is gonna have nothing to work with and get killed.  

I bet if they draft Bridgewater they'll also grab LaVonte Parker (not sure if that's his name) or if they grab Boyd they'll probably draft Sammy Watkins.

Because sometimes that person just figures it all out and puts it all together. That's where the Vontaze Burficts and Zach Randolphs of the world come from.

I bet if they draft Bridgewater they'll also grab LaVonte Parker (not sure if that's his name) or if they grab Boyd they'll probably draft Sammy Watkins.

The Browns want Manziel.

The Browns want Manziel.

Personally I was hoping that was just a false rumor. The Browns fans deserve so much more and I think Manziel will be a bust. There are honestly a half dozen better quarterback prospects in his own draft class. If they really just want a dual-threat quarterback I think both Boyd and Braxton Miller are better prospects. Otherwise, add Derek Carr, Bridgewater and David Fales as well as Mariota and Hundley if they declare. Honestly I would rather use a 3rd or something on Logan Thomas rather than a 1st on Manziel. I don't mean to bash Manziel, I just don't think he'll do much in the NFL.

Personally I was hoping that was just a false rumor. The Browns fans deserve so much more and I think Manziel will be a bust. There are honestly a half dozen better quarterback prospects in his own draft class. If they really just want a dual-threat quarterback I think both Boyd and Braxton Miller are better prospects. Otherwise, add Derek Carr, Bridgewater and David Fales as well as Mariota and Hundley if they declare. Honestly I would rather use a 3rd or something on Logan Thomas rather than a 1st on Manziel. I don't mean to bash Manziel, I just don't think he'll do much in the NFL.

Most of their scouting time has been spent on him. They are dismantling the team for draft picks for somebody. The logical answer is Clowney or Bridgewater. The Cleveland answer is Manziel.

I'd offer the Browns a conditional 2015 5th round pick that turns into a 2nd rounder in that draft ONLY if Gordon successfully clears his Stage 2 NFL Drug Program status and begins with a clean slate. 

If that's not a good enough offer for Cleveland then they can keep him....there's no way we should give up a 2014 2nd rounder for a guy on his last strike.

If they drat Manziel then everyone will see firsthand why the Browns are mired in mediocrity. Even if they did pick Manziel for whatever reason then they could also grab Mike Evans.

Fans predicting a reuniting of college QB and WR is common, but almost never happens.

Most of their scouting time has been spent on him. They are dismantling the team for draft picks for somebody. The logical answer is Clowney or Bridgewater. The Cleveland answer is Manziel.

Clowney isn't even the discussion

The Falcons are just underperforming but I don't think he'll go there.

Fans predicting a reuniting of college QB and WR is common, but almost never happens.

It worked out for Luck although it is a tight end. It just makes a lot of sense and provides comfort plus if the Browns deal Gordon they will definitely need a WR to go with their QB.

I'd offer the Browns a conditional 2015 5th round pick that turns into a 2nd rounder in that draft ONLY if Gordon successfully clears his Stage 2 NFL Drug Program status and begins with a clean slate. 

If that's not a good enough offer for Cleveland then they can keep him....there's no way we should give up a 2014 2nd rounder for a guy on his last strike.

This. I actually love this idea.