Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cleveland looking to trade Josh Gordon

illdubb

Why is Cleveland doing this with young players?

Most teams that are active in trade talks do it with expensive vets not guys on their rookie contracts.

49ers are my guess

I thought so too, but NFL insiders are saying Cleveland asked San Fran for a second rounder for him and the 9'ers basically laughed in their face. I wouldnt be surprised if the price gets driven down, or NE pounces on it.

The Falcons are just underperforming but I don't think he'll go there.

It worked out for Luck although it is a tight end. It just makes a lot of sense and provides comfort plus if the Browns deal Gordon they will definitely need a WR to go with their QB.

This. I actually love this idea.

I have never bought into the comfort/chemistry thing....NFL scouts want talent.

I have never bought into the comfort/chemistry thing....NFL scouts want talent.

I agree. Don't pass up a clearly superior prospect just because of comfort but if all the potential targets are on an equal ground and one has that advantage then I think it makes sense to take him.

Personally I was hoping that was just a false rumor. The Browns fans deserve so much more and I think Manziel will be a bust. There are honestly a half dozen better quarterback prospects in his own draft class. If they really just want a dual-threat quarterback I think both Boyd and Braxton Miller are better prospects. Otherwise, add Derek Carr, Bridgewater and David Fales as well as Mariota and Hundley if they declare. Honestly I would rather use a 3rd or something on Logan Thomas rather than a 1st on Manziel. I don't mean to bash Manziel, I just don't think he'll do much in the NFL.

I think he'll have a Ryan Leaf type meltdown.  Kid is just too immature to be handed the keys to a NFL franchise like that.