Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

brady's streak of tds ends

CR91

How is being the backup in new england have anything to do with his performance with cleveland? Also, the pats have a qb coach, i dont think Brady was " teaching" him

Hoyer said before the game if you watched the Thursday Browns/Bills telecast that he based his whole game off of Tom Brady and what he learned being his back up. Smart kid.

His teammates see it too, http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/10/cleveland_browns_brian_hoyers.html

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoyer said before the game if you watched the Thursday Browns/Bills telecast that he based his whole game off of Tom Brady and what he learned being his back up. Smart kid.

His teammates see it too, http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/10/cleveland_browns_brian_hoyers.html

Well he did play the Bengals better than brady. Also, that is irony, unlike your other post

Where is Alanis Morissette when you need her? She knows all about being ironic. Oh, wait. Not really. Irony last time I checked has to do with a figure of speech having the opposite meaning of the words used. A dictionary is a wonderful tool. This thread is full of win... don't ya think?!?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Where is Alanis Morissette when you need her? She knows all about being ironic. Oh, wait. Not really. Irony last time I checked has to do with a figure of speech having the opposite meaning of the words used. A dictionary is a wonderful tool. This thread is full of win... don't ya think?!?

It's like rainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn on your wedding day...

lol. Great post man. Whatever happened to her? I will post her first two stanzas of "Ironic" so we are all cear.

An old man turned ninety-eight

He won the lottery and died the next day

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late

And isn't it ironic... don't you think

It's like rain on your wedding day

It's a free ride when you've already paid

It's the good advice that you just didn't take

Who would've thought... it figures

Who cares? It's a dumb record to begin with. I remember thinking "How pathetic" when the Saints and Bree celebrated it. The Cincy loss is going to help elevate the Patriots going forward.

pathetic? do you know how long that record stood before brees broke it? its monumental

Personally I think every passing and receiving record set since Roger Goodell became commissioner should have an asterisk.

Why? Defensives are much more schemed then they were back in the end. There's no more just lining up against someone and try to stop them.

the pats better find an offense before that game.

Me too. As long as Pey Pey can watch Tom walk off the field with the victory. 9-4. Pretty much owns Manning.

First 2 weeks of the regular season, you play 2 rookie QBs who are playing their first NFL game and you barely win. 3rd week, you barely win again against a bad Bucs team. 4th week against Falcons, i give Pats credit. 5th week, against a good defense it showed up.

Forget about Broncos, next week against a good QB ( Brees ). It is going to be real ugly.

Just to remind in case you forgot, the last playoff game at Boston, Pats scored a grand total of 13 points. Out of that, 7 points were in garbage time. So much for homefield advantage and having Brady.

Let me go with your logic of judging a team effort with one player. If Brady owns Peyton with 9-4, Eli owns Brady in the biggest game, of all at 2-0.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Why? Defensives are much more schemed then they were back in the end. There's no more just lining up against someone and try to stop them.

How about we just try and remember that stats don't mean anything anyway?  It's all about the Lombardi.

You do realize that Hoyer learned everything from Brady? This would be another case of irony which I know you will not get.

Since Brady is better than Hoyer, why Brady didnt perform better than Hoyer against Bengals?. Can you give a straight answer without any sarcasm and beating around the bush?.

hoyer vs the Bengals... 269 2tds 0 int

Brady vs the Bengals ... 169 0tds 1 int

Pretty sad that I have to point this out, but the Browns and Bengals are division rivals.  Division games always play out weird because the teams are so familiar with each other and go into all kinds of crazy game plans.  

btw Edelman dropped a touchdown pass from Brady, and Amendola caught a ball on the 1 yard line and just didnt turn around in time and got tackled at the INCH yard line.

Maybe instead of viewing the game of football through a stat sheet, you should actually sit down and watch the games.  Football is a complicated sport and there are little things here and there that can drastically change the outcome of a game and let things get out of control.  It is a game of inches, after all.

And this is the difference between Manning and Brady... Brady needs all pros to look good, while Manning make ordinary receivers look like all pros

That is laughable..  Manning has had more weapons his ENTIRE career than Brady, not to mention he had a binky for an offensive coordinator in Tom Moore for nearly his entire career.  This has been debated to exhaustion for the last 10+ years on these boards, but your post is hilariously off base.  Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Dallas Clark, Marshal Faulk, Edjerin James, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas... Lol...  yea, talk about a bunch of ORDINARY receivers!  Unreal.

Brady is known for taking nobodies to the SB and WINNING.  2006 he took Rache Caldwell as his #1 and went all the way to the AFCCG and if not for a total break down by NE's defense and a few horrible drops by Caldwell (one was on a 3rd down that would have basically iced the game by running out the clock), they would have gone on to their 6th SB.  

You obviously don't watch much football, either that or you're just a hater that likes to instigate by saying obnoxious things.

That is laughable..  Manning has had more weapons his ENTIRE career than Brady, not to mention he had a binky for an offensive coordinator in Tom Moore for nearly his entire career.  This has been debated to exhaustion for the last 10+ years on these boards, but your post is hilariously off base.  Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Dallas Clark, Marshal Faulk, Edjerin James, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas... Lol...  yea, talk about a bunch of ORDINARY receivers!  Unreal.

Brady is known for taking nobodies to the SB and WINNING.  2006 he took Rache Caldwell as his #1 and went all the way to the AFCCG and if not for a total break down by NE's defense and a few horrible drops by Caldwell (one was on a 3rd down that would have basically iced the game by running out the clock), they would have gone on to their 6th SB.  

You obviously don't watch much football, either that or you're just a hater that likes to instigate by saying obnoxious things.

Except Marvin and Reggie, Manning made the others look good. Look were Dallas Clark is today. Brady had Welker and Moss for 3 straight yrs together. Brady had lot of other great receivers too.

Deion Branch was a SB MVP and last time i checked he was a WR.

Lets see what Welker does this year with Manning. This is a true comparison as he played for both QBs.

Pretty sad that I have to point this out, but the Browns and Bengals are division rivals. Division games always play out weird because the teams are so familiar with each other and go into all kinds of crazy game plans.

btw Edelman dropped a touchdown pass from Brady, and Amendola caught a ball on the 1 yard line and just didnt turn around in time and got tackled at the INCH yard line.

Maybe instead of viewing the game of football through a stat sheet, you should actually sit down and watch the games. Football is a complicated sport and there are little things here and there that can drastically change the outcome of a game and let things get out of control. It is a game of inches, after all.

it was hoyers second game of his career. He isn't really entrenched in any rivalries at this point.

Since Brady is better than Hoyer, why Brady didnt perform better than Hoyer against Bengals?. Can you give a straight answer without any sarcasm and beating around the bush?.

Brady has a brand new offense composed primarily of rooks and undrafted FAs. And the Bengals D is a beast.

Great couple of games by Hoyer who learned from the best QB in the game. No surprise he was ready to seize the moment when he got his chance. He just needs to learn to slide. That may have been the one thing he failed to learn from Brady. ;)

Brady has a brand new offense composed primarily of rooks and undrafted FAs. And the Bengals D is a beast.

Great couple of games by Hoyer who learned from the best QB in the game. No surprise he was ready to seize the moment when he got his chance. He just needs to learn to slide. That may have been the one thing he failed to learn from Brady. ;)

yeah, he would have scissor kicked the guy

im just gonna say this...who the heck was Pierre Garcon, austin collie, demarius thomas, decker and julius thomas before PM?

heck even Dallas. What has Pierre done? i mean he is ok but you are like he is this big thing

I'd also remind you how he played with Blair white,  Gijon Robinson, Tamme, and still got us 2 points ahead of jets on the playoffs before mr caldwell did his thing.

you might make a case that thomas was due a break year but thats about it

im just gonna say this...who the heck was Pierre Garcon, austin collie, demarius thomas, decker and julius thomas before PM?

heck even Dallas. What has Pierre done? i mean he is ok but you are like he is this big thing

I'd also remind you how he played with Blair white,  Gijon Robinson, Tamme, and still got us 2 points ahead of jets on the playoffs before mr caldwell did his thing.

you might make a case that thomas was due a break year but thats about it

I think D. Thomas and Decker were 7-4 and one playoff win with Tim Tebow . . . no?

A real bummer but what can you do. 52 games is still unbelievable. Ironically he also trails Brees in the most yards ever thrown in a single season.

I can believe it ended. I actually expected it to happen earlier in the season but with that weather, that defense, and his lack of consistancy on offense...it was going to happen. I actually can't believe Brees streak got snapped....because at least he still had his offense in tact. I will say I was really expecting Brady to start turning things around with these guys by now. Either his receivers are not as good as I thought or something else is the issue. I will say I've noticed he hasn't had as much time to throw lately. His OL has not been it's usual fortress self...but I do believe the combination of Gronk and Amendola will help convert more 3rd downs and lead to more points. With the defense playing the way they are we are back to those glory day Pats...Tom just needs to put up 24pts and they should win most games.

its a great streak no matter if its second,    , , know at games end was torrential downpour , only nut i ever knew that caught balls in that weather was me as a child & only if I had 1 friend with lightening arm throw to me, as a kid / teenager u do crazy things ( LOL )

I only saw part of late 4th qrter on DVR

That ball looked to me like flutter city at times as so wet trying to throw it let alone catch it, if u can even see it as water hit your eyes

Earlier in game i heard didnt rain that much

Cincy good d though thought had some out but not sure

still great streak whether # 1 or 2 on list, Unitas though still to me hardest, maybe oinly 48 but 12 game season , done over 5 years and playing hurt way to often , I am unitas craazy, and just crazy

Brady should hold head high with 52, nothing wrong about that

I think D. Thomas and Decker were 7-4 and one playoff win with Tim Tebow . . . no?

Cmon, Decker and Thomas were the last reason they got that win....it was defense and a stout running game....what was their stats anyways?

btw notice how i did not bring Brady for a single moment...i dont want this debate again...but people are acting like Manning has all this polished already big time stars like always.. and they forget about how Reggie took a little time to explode, how collie and garcon were nobodies and Julius Thomas didnt have more than 5 catches and now looks like Pro bowler and DThomas even as talented, was on his way to become another of the Mcdaniels busts cause he didnt get any balls(not because of lack of talent but no stats)....heck even Moreno is not looking like a bust now...coincidence?

Cmon, Decker and Thomas were the last reason they got that win....it was defense and a stout running game....what was their stats anyways?

btw notice how i did not bring Brady for a single moment...i dont want this debate again...but people are acting like Manning has all this polished already big time stars like always.. and they forget about how Reggie took a little time to explode, how collie and garcon were nobodies and Julius Thomas didnt have more than 5 catches and now looks like Pro bowler and DThomas even as talented, was on his way to become another of the Mcdaniels busts cause he didnt get any balls(not because of lack of talent but no stats)....heck even Moreno is not looking like a bust now...coincidence?

There is no coincidence that everyone around Peyton gets better. Not saying they would be nothing without him but anyone that is forced to run route trees and practice at the level Peyton forces you too...and then benefit from his brain and what he sees is going to develope if there is any talent or ability at all. You are right I'm sure some of Peytons teammates would have went on to be successful but there is something about greatness....that gets the most out of their teammates.....thinking specifically like MJ. I know Tom has that too so this isn't to short anyone...but I think anyone that dismisses Peyton is just being short-sighted or simply not being fair. Those players he has now....their curve goes up exponentially with him at qb vs someone say like a Jay Cutler or Andy Dalton or Matt Ryan....and with someone like Tebow etc...it isn't even close....those special players like Tom, Peyton, and Joe Montana and Johnny U etc....there is something special in them.

Maybe instead of viewing the game of football through a stat sheet, you should actually sit down and watch the games.  Football is a complicated sport and there are little things here and there that can drastically change the outcome of a game and let things get out of control.  It is a game of inches, after all.

I couldn't agree with you more.  The game of football is everything you said.  It is the ultimate team sport.

Which is why I get sooo tired of those who want to place the blame for any playoff losses entirely on the shoulders of Peyton.

I couldn't agree with you more.  The game of football is everything you said.  It is the ultimate team sport.

Which is why I get sooo tired of those who want to place the blame for any playoff losses entirely on the shoulders of Peyton.

it comes with the position. as a qb you get the most glory, but you also get the most scrutiny 

pathetic? do you know how long that record stood before brees broke it? its monumental

Drew Brees's record is a sham.

Game #38 in a blowout loss, 13-31, Drew Brees keeps his streak alive with 10 seconds left in the game. Stat seeker. It's all he is.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201110300ram.htm

It's a joke he has the record.