Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

brady's streak of tds ends

CR91

There is no coincidence that everyone around Peyton gets better. Not saying they would be nothing without him but anyone that is forced to run route trees and practice at the level Peyton forces you too...and then benefit from his brain and what he sees is going to develope if there is any talent or ability at all. You are right I'm sure some of Peytons teammates would have went on to be successful but there is something about greatness....that gets the most out of their teammates.....thinking specifically like MJ. I know Tom has that too so this isn't to short anyone...but I think anyone that dismisses Peyton is just being short-sighted or simply not being fair. Those players he has now....their curve goes up exponentially with him at qb vs someone say like a Jay Cutler or Andy Dalton or Matt Ryan....and with someone like Tebow etc...it isn't even close....those special players like Tom, Peyton, and Joe Montana and Johnny U etc....there is something special in them.

agreed

Deccker , but esp DT have said last year Peyton  preached & teached  them how to run routes & read Defenses

Btw earlier when u said  His OL has not been it's usual fortress self..

I think that may have been case last game in that weather but all year I heard it being praised by all the so called media experts and announcers at the game  and looked good from what i saw , i had even read that the OL gave him so much time that he was able to wait for the receivers  to work themselves free, they still have to catch though, at times they flash intense potential 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think D. Thomas and Decker were 7-4 and one playoff win with Tim Tebow . . . no?

You are correct sir. Tebow made both of them. lol.

Thomas is a rare combo of talent and phsycal prowess. He would be great with any QB that is half decent. I am not sold on Decker at all. He drops a lot of balls but he def. has very good skills.

It is no secret that Polian built the entire Colts team around Peyton and the O and Elway is doing the same thing in Denver. He has had the best collection of skill players in the cap/FA era.

BTW, how about those Red Sox!! ALCS here we come!

they played all by themselves. that's impressive

well they all played as a team . . . my point being is that the 52 Bronco players outside of the starting QB were not chumps . . . they were good enough to get 7 wins out of 11 with a not so great QB . . . it is no wonder that Manning choose to go to Denver . . . its not like he went to Oakland and had some yahoo coach and made them a 14-2 team with two 1200 yard WRs . . . Thomas was a 1st rounder and Decker is a solid #2 . . .

Cmon, Decker and Thomas were the last reason they got that win....it was defense and a stout running game....what was their stats anyways?

btw notice how i did not bring Brady for a single moment...i dont want this debate again...but people are acting like Manning has all this polished already big time stars like always.. and they forget about how Reggie took a little time to explode, how collie and garcon were nobodies and Julius Thomas didnt have more than 5 catches and now looks like Pro bowler and DThomas even as talented, was on his way to become another of the Mcdaniels busts cause he didnt get any balls(not because of lack of talent but no stats)....heck even Moreno is not looking like a bust now...coincidence?

Decker and Thomas are not chumps Thomas is a first rounder and frankly was the one that scored that TD in OT in the playoff game . . . my only point was that the Denver 52 outside of the starting QB are not chumps and Decker and Thomas were Josh's picks and he is a pretty good eye for offense . . . did you ever wonder why Manning choose to go to Denver?

not sure what you second paragraph is going, but the colts had a theory of putting the best players around your best player . . . just a theory and not a right or wrong one, but how they did things . . . Manning has had his share of talent around him, I mean please . . . at RB had a line of 1st rounder Faulk (HOF), James (some have him on a all decade team and did well in ARiZ) Addai (not the best but a solid RB for a few years) . . .at TE Clark was a Mackey award winner and was a solid TE for 6+ years, Harrison and Wayne are both border line HOFs.   During the five year span from 2003-2007 the colts had either borderline HOFs or all decade team players at the two WRs, TE and RB position, all of which were in their prime . . . all taken in the 1st round . . . five straight and full years of 1st round talent at all of the skilled positions, I mean whhaaat . . . .

. . . did you ever notice that the colts were a 500 team under manning from 1998-2002 but "somehow" become a 12+ win team each year staring in 2003 . . .  this was partly due to the above mentioned talent, along with some key components on D and Coach Dungy . . .

Speaking of Brady, do you think perhaps that one thing that has help the pats score so much has something to do with the new field turf, Ahern, Gronk, Welker, Woodhead, our other RBs, and Josh M . . . surely Brady has helped but a lot has to go with what is around him the last 3-5 years . . . and yes Manning helps his team, but both guys need help at the skilled positions . . . to say Manning has not had help there is kind of a stretch . . .

Decker and Thomas are not chumps Thomas is a first rounder and frankly was the one that scored that TD in OT in the playoff game . . . my only point was that the Denver 52 outside of the starting QB are not chumps and Decker and Thomas were Josh's picks and he is a pretty good eye for offense . . . did you ever wonder why Manning choose to go to Denver?

not sure what you second paragraph is going, but the colts had a theory of putting the best players around your best player . . . just a theory and not a right or wrong one, but how they did things . . . Manning has had his share of talent around him, I mean please . . . at RB had a line of 1st rounder Faulk (HOF), James (some have him on a all decade team and did well in ARiZ) Addai (not the best but a solid RB for a few years) . . .at TE Clark was a Mackey award winner and was a solid TE for 6+ years, Harrison and Wayne are both border line HOFs.   During the five year span from 2003-2007 the colts had either borderline HOFs or all decade team players at the two WRs, TE and RB position, all of which were in their prime . . . all taken in the 1st round . . . five straight and full years of 1st round talent at all of the skilled positions, I mean whhaaat . . . .

. . . did you ever notice that the colts were a 500 team under manning from 1998-2002 but "somehow" become a 12+ win team each year staring in 2003 . . .  this was partly due to the above mentioned talent, along with some key components on D and Coach Dungy . . .

Speaking of Brady, do you think perhaps that one thing that has help the pats score so much has something to do with the new field turf, Ahern, Gronk, Welker, Woodhead, our other RBs, and Josh M . . . surely Brady has helped but a lot has to go with what is around him the last 3-5 years . . . and yes Manning helps his team, but both guys need help at the skilled positions . . . to say Manning has not had help there is kind of a stretch . . .

I never said he didnt get help where did i say that? im just tired of the whole "BRADYD IDNT HAVE WEAPONS HE IS BETTER MANNING HAD ALL THIS TOYS" thats *.

one of his best seasons was one where he had the less talent, 2010, where Gonzalez, Collie and Garcon were injured for some parts (or the whole season).

The whole he had weapons brady did not is stupid...is just philosphical aproach, way different than what BB tried. While Pollian tought i got this great qb lets suround him with great weapons so he can score even if he only gets a few posessions, because lwe need squeeze every ounce of talent surounding him with more talent bb thought this guy can win games with no star WR we might as well help him out making sure they dont score on us giving him back the ball as much as we can.

I'm not saying DT sucks, or Decker sucks, heck god knows i want decker here next year... im saying this whole argument of the wr were already stars is not true.... they became stars WITH Manning.

Im not saying Manning didnt have any talent, please Bradford would kill to have wayne and harrison right now. But while Marvin and Wayne are HOF, but cmon is not like brady didnt have help either, or that every single skill position in the colts team was freaking fantastic...i again mention clarck garcon addai as good players but not the type of hype people are making them out to be...heck even Collie, as good as he was, how good would he had been in the saints for example? it was just the right talent to the right system

Of course he has talent in denver, he could have chosen other like 26 teams but he chose denver for a reason, not arguing that. Quite honestly, people are going crazy Manning having this year, they didnt really watch the colts of old then. Manning is playing great, he is making great decisions but he is looking better because for the first time in the last 4-5 years he has a complete team he doesnt have to carry, he is surounded with skill...even Pollian admitted it in 10, "we need an infusion of young talent, we dont have anyone who can take a short pass or a run and make something happen" or something like that....i still think Manning 06-07 > 13

Aside from the hum-drum, run-of-the-mill, Brady/Manning bickering, the snide and antagonizing comments, and the general stupidity that's running rampant in this thread, there's a lot more to dislike about it.

I'm kidding, but...

Chalk me up as one Patriots fan who's actually sort of glad that the TD streak ended. I understand that Unitas' streak was etched in the record books and history for a long time, but this sort of thing has never, ever mattered to me as a football fan. I can't think of anything less important to me than the consecutive number of games in which Tom Brady has thrown a TD. Nor do I give a single crap about whether or not Manning throws for more than 50 TDs this year.

Why?

Because records are, by and large, consolation prizes. They rarely seem to accompany team achievements and/or championships. And this sort of "streak" feels so manufactured to me. Sort of like the "unbeaten at home" streaks of the Colts and Patriots in recent years that were interrupted by crippling playoff losses that didn't "count" because the record only qualifies regular season games. 

Give me wins and titles anytime. The rest? Meh, could care less.

(And I'm sorry but Drew Brees throwing TDs in 54 games (or whatever it was) in today's NFL is far, far less impressive than Unitas' streak, when some QBs would barely throw 10 passes a game.)