Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts about our GM

Warhorse

Dude we don't even know if this is going to be a good deal? I am not ready at this point to salivate *mod edit* over Grigson for his Year plus on the job. The biggest thing I see different in Grigson to Pollian, is that Grigson is not afraid to gamble. Pollian played it safer & was VERY LOYAL to HIS players. Grigson basically has gutted most of Pollians picks. It will be intrusting when Grigson has tough decisions with his picked players an how that turns out. Pollian although he didn't trade much, he did bring Cory Simon, & boggier Macfarline both a position of desperate need at the time. Tough trades to do. They do have differing styles for sure but will reserve at least at this time from :thmup:  crowning Grigson king of all GM's in all that is good in the world! :36dancing: :headspin::popcorn:

Different views, but its cool. I happen to really enjoy the world of liking, backing, and believing through faith with my team...rather than prove it to me. So in my world, he's crowned. You certainly can wait till your satisfied. In keeping with that thought, Luck is already there. Just the way I enjoy the NFL. I have experienced waiting and the joy is not as sweet as it is when I believe from day one.

Dude we don't even know if this is going to be a good deal? I am not ready at this point to salivate *mod edit* over Grigson for his Year plus on the job. The biggest thing I see different in Grigson to Pollian, is that Grigson is not afraid to gamble. Pollian played it safer & was VERY LOYAL to HIS players. Grigson basically has gutted most of Pollians picks. It will be intrusting when Grigson has tough decisions with his picked players an how that turns out. Pollian although he didn't trade much, he did bring Cory Simon, & boggier Macfarline both a position of desperate need at the time. Tough trades to do. They do have differing styles for sure but will reserve at least at this time from :thmup:  crowning Grigson king of all GM's in all that is good in the world! :36dancing: :headspin::popcorn:

I will give you credit for that. What will Grigson do when Lucks contract is up and he has a team in the playoffs every year knocking on the door. You can take big swings when your at the bottom. Grigson had TONS of cap space and early rd draft picks that Polian only had probably his first year. Grigson won't be so free dealing when this team is a SB contender year in and out...you don't want to ruin that chemistry or take the risk to make the team worse or handcuff it. You let the players make the difference on the field...at some point you have to trust what you have and they have to take that step. We aren't there yet...but hopefully I think by next year we should be looking at a very strong team and then Ryan's job gets even more difficult.

Different views, but its cool. I happen to really enjoy the world of liking, backing, and believing through faith with my team...rather than prove it to me. So in my world, he's crowned. You certainly can wait till your satisfied. In keeping with that thought, Luck is already there. Just the way I enjoy the NFL. I have experienced waiting and the joy is not as sweet as it is when I believe from day one.

Its not that I don't like Grigson I do, his style for me after years of Pollian are sometimes hard to take. I like Grigson , & back him & the team, as for how good this team is I think a 500 team right now. As far as luck goes I think he will be great, but honestly you or I could have pulled the trigger on that pick I think! As for the Richardson trade I don't know, I don't watch a lot of college football & haven't seen him play that often, other than some high lights. My brother NOT A COLT FAN, DALLAS BOOO, called me and acted like we killed it an pulled off the trade of the century? He watch's a lot of college football & said I would love the guy. I hope for that, but seeing, is believing for me. A hope, faith & seeing always is sweet to me as opposed to possible blind faith?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Jimmy was tweetin' all over the place about instructing his GM to get a RB.

Yeah...but I'd be suprised if a guy like TRich was on Grigson's radar until Cleveland initiated it.  I thought we were going to trade our 5th rd pick or later for some decent starter, or just a player for player deal.  

I was watching the Colts videos on this recent trade for Trent. I was watching Grigson field questions about his process. What I came away with was a sharper understanding of who the man is.

I now see Ryan as a guy who has the truly rare gift of conversation. There is a reason that BP didn't get a deal done It's not because he didnt want to improve the team, it's because he is pobbibly abrasive in a negotiation. There is a quality to being able to talk to another human being, speak to them on a level that not only validates them and their knowledge, but that protects the interests of those you are representing. RG has that ability. He is possibly, the most gifted GM in the NFL at getting teams to work with him in a trade.

I have no doubt that the Colts now have Trent in the backfield in Indy because of the gift of conversation that RG has, not because we were just a sucker that took a bad deal. Get over yourselves, fans. We have an extremely gifted GM and the kudos goes to Mr Irsay for having the vision to hire him regardless of the incessant fans whining about getting a "name" GM. Dude has the gift of persuasion and I am so thankful he is on our team.

Thanks Jim for fielding the heat for making RG our GM.

Ryan G is aggressive and not afraid to take a chance.

Most new GMs probably worry about taking chances..

Ryan clearly has got contacts in the NFL and, what might be overlooked, he can convince Mr. Irsay to let him take chances.

This trade may be a defining moment for Grigsy's short but splashy career as a GM. It's a "you bet your job" move.  By January he'll either be hailed as a football genius, or he'll be selling shrimp from the back of a truck in Des Moines.

No. 

He'll GM of the Colts for a long time, regardless of this trade.

I was watching the Colts videos on this recent trade for Trent. I was watching Grigson field questions about his process. What I came away with was a sharper understanding of who the man is.

I now see Ryan as a guy who has the truly rare gift of conversation. There is a reason that BP didn't get a deal done It's not because he didnt want to improve the team, it's because he is pobbibly abrasive in a negotiation. There is a quality to being able to talk to another human being, speak to them on a level that not only validates them and their knowledge, but that protects the interests of those you are representing. RG has that ability. He is possibly, the most gifted GM in the NFL at getting teams to work with him in a trade.

I have no doubt that the Colts now have Trent in the backfield in Indy because of the gift of conversation that RG has, not because we were just a sucker that took a bad deal. Get over yourselves, fans. We have an extremely gifted GM and the kudos goes to Mr Irsay for having the vision to hire him regardless of the incessant fans whining about getting a "name" GM. Dude has the gift of persuasion and I am so thankful he is on our team.

Thanks Jim for fielding the heat for making RG our GM.

This post was very well put and I completely agree. Very well done!

Grigson is already a mastermind in my book.

I love his aggressiveness to make the team better, Every GM wants to make the team better, but most don't have the guts to do it outside the draft.

If he can see a way to upgrade our practice squad, he will do it. He will always take the upgrade if the price is right, and the TR trade is no different.

This move to me speaks volumes about where Grigs sees or offensive line.  They are successful run blockers but questionable pass blockers.  The stats already show that... But our current stable of running backs couldn't make anything happen.  This is especially true when it came to big plays and when this chance appeared it was a great opportunity to fix something that would help the entire offense.  It will completely change how defenses play us.  The fact that Richardson can both catch passes out of the backfield and block for our best player just sweetens the deal.

So far Grigs has made some good trades to try to make this team better. I have heard people say why did he give up a 1ST RD PICK  for T-RICH it is way to much. Polian is on NFL LIVE Thursday that he would have made this trade for this team but not the Manning lead teams. Sorry I don't believe one word of at. The last trade that he made was for Tony Ugoh. Then he gave up a 1st rd pick to the 49ers for a bust.Some one made the comment that grigs got rid of alot of  Polian's picks. Well yes he did. For one they were getting older and well overpaid. He did a great job last year with taking about a 40 mil hit on cap space after letting some of this high price players go. I liked everyone of the players that was let go. The problem was they were on the bench more with injuries an playing. The problem with Polian was that after we won the SB. he was god and everyone else including Irsay didn't know crap about football. That is why he is working for ESPN and not for the Colts. Also I think that once Grigs can get the players that him and coach want from the draft the trading will slow down some.