Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning-How Many TD Passes vs. Raiders on Monday?

King Colt

Being that the Raiders may be the worst team in the NFL Could #18  break the NFL record for TD's in one game this coming Monday night? Ten could be nice. I am pulling so hard for him to get a SB ring this year because it would to me, level the playing field for the "whose the better QB Brady or Manning"  question which will be argued for many years to come.

I am leaning towards 4 vs the Raiders by quarter 3 by which the game will be over, and then 1 or 2 with the RBs and run the rock to burn clock in the game in quarter 4. Defense and ST of Broncos might get a TD too.

Broncos 45 Raiders 20

Pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. I have no idea why people think Peyton will throw for a record number of TDs just because the opponent is weak. Legitimate records like that usually come in shootouts, not blowouts. I'm hoping we see a lot of Osweiler. Get Peyton out of there before some random Raider - angry at loosing big - gets past Clark.

Pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. I have no idea why people think Peyton will throw for a record number of TDs just because the opponent is weak. Legitimate records like that usually come in shootouts, not blowouts. I'm hoping we see a lot of Osweiler. Get Peyton out of there before some random Raider - angry at loosing big - gets past Clark.

just get the win , forget records, that all Peytons cares about, that's all the teaam shoyld care about and all the  fans should care about, If a record comes with that  , then its a bonus

MAV

..because Denver considers runs passes...They use the same short passing game up 21 they use down 21.

they run to set up the pass like modern teams do..

Peyton threw for 3 TDs in many games last year regardless of the opponent.

He was throwing short passé up 21 vs Baltimore and NYG.

That's Denvers offense. Pass first.

MAV

..because Denver considers runs passes...They use the same short passing game up 21 they use down 21.

they run to set up the pass like modern teams do..

Peyton threw for 3 TDs in many games last year regardless of the opponent.

He was throwing short passé up 21 vs Baltimore and NYG.

That's Denvers offense. Pass first.

Ya think? Believe it or not I've actually been following him for some time now.

Then again, they always TRY to run - particularly when they want to wind the clock late in games. They only passed late against Baltimore (leading to an additional TD and later a key first down) because they failed when passing - just like in the playoffs, but this time they abandoned the run before it cost them the game. They also had two rushing TDs last week and the run was more effective in general. I'm quite sure that they'll push it again, and in a blowout they would concentrate on running even more.

The point was that my HOPE - as I said - is that they win so comfortably that Peyton is pulled early. He isn't going to be throwing too many TDs from the bench. I never said that he wouldn't throw 3 TD passes before being pulled - he could have five if they are lighting it up. Eight as the OP suggested? Out of the question unless the Raiders have scored a good 5-6 TDs themselves - you know, a shootout.

Okay...But the issue, if you recall, was why people feel Denver will score more TDs passing against bad foes.

You said you didn't understand (I HAVE NO IDEA) were the words

Its because they pass against EVERYONE..Peyton NEVER leaves the game with a big lead ... their passes are wide runs.....their offense is pass first.

Your comments about what you hope and what they should do are very valid...If peyton was out of the game late Sunday, Clady would been out..maybe he doesn't get hurt/..

But you said you had NO IDEA....about the TDs predicted to be thrown.

I just wanted to clear it up. I didn't want you to suffer.

Im here for you.

Denver Defense better than most think but Peyton will find their weakness

the Raiders lead the NFL in sacks ( 9 )  and are fifth in the league in yards allowed.

Their defense has shown up big time, but there is one crucial aspect missing from their efforts thus far - Turnovers.

The Raiders have yet to force a single turnover against an opponent this season. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_24123187/oakland-raiders-practicing-without-three-key-players

So They actually lead lead in sacks so expect Clark to be tested Via various packages as described below podcast I reviewed

I just want a win , & no more injuries , The passing or run TD's will come as Peyton feels what is best play at various times

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I Really Doubt this will be a difference maker as  Denver Offense to good unless Clark loses it

but some interesting facts Via MIKE & MIKE & their John Gruden Interview on Mondays game

Didnt know Oakland has a special 3 down useful dime / nickel package that has 9 sacks in 2 games with innovative blitz, Packages

Yes Vs Colts & Jax OL , 

HC Dennis allen learned under greg williams  as assist DC of saints during a few years including  SB 44 year, & also as DC of Tebow Broncos for a year,  but this is also supposed to be a blitzing package creatively and Peyton wasnt blitzed in SB 44 but receivers were multi covered instead if i remember right and with no run game  that how it was played,  

maybe same this week or as last week running may have been an aberration or a trend in learning what works for Broncos & will be usuefull

maybe will test out Clark ,

we shall see but not really worried . 

On Defense Denver must just learn to stop the various read options and get used to Pryor's quickness in combination with McFadden esp misdirection's like Pryor going one way and Mcfadden the other and u have to make sure u follow who keeps or gets the ball

Said Interview

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9687926

Excuse me did I misunderstand the question? :scratch:  I thought the question was how many TD Peyton would throw against the Raiders. :sigh:

No u didnt, i guess i chose top answer thread in different way , pointing out what can j hold him back  , Decker did much better in 2nd game, welker did great in first, got a TD in second but onlu caught 3 of 9 passes thrown his way, 

Now if they get both on page at same time can be lightrs out in passing stats, but think we will see more 2 TE sets as in 2nd half whjen Welker was pulled after his TD and RE green came in and helped seal the edge for Morenos 2nd TD run, also a second TE will help chip block untill Clark  is comfy, so that may effect some passing stats

in comment 16 I explain what Denver has to stop him and conclude with my point

I just want a win , & no more injuries , The passing or run TD's will come as Peyton feels what is best play at various times

To add, Peton doesnt care about stats just wins, thats what i care about for colts too 

I just dont do these guesses, all games are so different

Denver Defense better than most think but Peyton will find their weakness

in comment 16 I explain what Denver has to stop him and conclude with my point

cant believe i said Denver defense quoting stats  & article on Oaklands, and no one pointed it out , I mean Peyton doesnt need to find Denvers  weakness to get TD's

Being that the Raiders may be the worst team in the NFL Could #18  break the NFL record for TD's in one game this coming Monday night? Ten could be nice. I am pulling so hard for him to get a SB ring this year because it would to me, level the playing field for the "whose the better QB Brady or Manning"  question which will be argued for many years to come.

Edited by Nadine

This forum is gonna be SOOOOOOO much fun come week 7.

Colt Win, only fun for u texan & pat fans , etc

Colts win but I will have a heavy heart for Peyton, still not used to him not in a colts uniform, i look at him and it reminds me of unitas in charger blue, absolutely the worse football card i have , unitas in charger uniform

Colt Win, only fun for u texan & pat fans , etc

Colts win but I will have a heavy heart for Peyton, still not used to him not in a colts uniform, i look at him and it reminds me of unitas in charger blue, absolutely the worse football card i have , unitas in charger uniform

Did you ever answer the original question as to how many TD Peyton would throw :scratch:  You have had so many  long  replies I didn't read them to see if you had answered the question. :funny:

My answer is 4.  I like to keep it simple. :)  Makes it quicker for people to read the thread and replies.

Okay...But the issue, if you recall, was why people feel Denver will score more TDs passing against bad foes.

You said you didn't understand (I HAVE NO IDEA) were the words

Its because they pass against EVERYONE..Peyton NEVER leaves the game with a big lead ... their passes are wide runs.....their offense is pass first.

Your comments about what you hope and what they should do are very valid...If peyton was out of the game late Sunday, Clady would been out..maybe he doesn't get hurt/..

But you said you had NO IDEA....about the TDs predicted to be thrown.

I just wanted to clear it up. I didn't want you to suffer.

Im here for you.

:lol: Thanks.

I'd say that ALL of my comments were valid, and Peyton HAS on occasion left games when there are big leads. I saw him live in Philly with an Eagles fan and it was so lopsided I was dragged out against my will by the end of the third quarter. I didn't get upset because Peyton was already out of the game.

It's a zero sum game - the bigger the lead, the less chance he will have to set the record - an anomaly that the OP didn't seem to get. Peyton's far more likely to break that record against a team like Philly - if it takes them too long to figure out how to stop Kelly's crazy offense and they have to keep piling on against a vulnerable defense.

What I actually said was......

I have no idea why people think Peyton will throw for a record number of TDs just because the opponent is weak. Legitimate records like that usually come in shootouts, not blowouts.

Translation: This is far from the first time since Peyton threw seven TD's that I've heard someone conclude that "if he threw seven against the Ravens, then he's bound to throw eight against the Raiders'. Such ideas are frankly ignorant and misguided.

Eight TD's means scoring FIFTY-SIX points from passing alone! Odds are more points would come from elsewhere, particularly since they are heck-bent on having Ball re-establish his famous nose for the goal line. Peyton isn't going to put up 56 points passing unless the opponent scores 35+ and keeps threatening to score more. If that happens, by definition it isn't blowing out a bad team - which is the entire premise of the initial comment. It's more hanging on for dear life against an opponent who can score virtually at will. Anyone expecting that from Pryor? If the game goes that route there will be cause for concern - record or not.

The Ravens game was unique in that they are the defending SB champions who proved in the very last game the Broncos played in that they pretty much CAN score at will - and very quickly - and that was WITH Bailey and Miller playing. They also have Ngata negating much of the run game, and the Broncos memory of an entire off-season spent questioning if they were too conservative in the playoffs. With all that it STILL took a freak play by Thomas to get TD #7, and some pretty odd events earlier contributing as well. 

"I have no idea" isn't a request for information, it's a polite way of saying "I think that THEY have no idea what they are talking about". :P

Now I know how to proceed in the future....reading Mac-speak correctly.

I don't feel anyone seriously was suggesting that throwing 7 vs. Balt means 8 vs Oak is possible...

Remember , this is a message board....Its not a mensa meeting ...

..and you are right..peyton didn't intend to throw the 7th TD vs. balt. That was a little WR screen for a first down...because Balt had 8 guys up close...He threw the same pass late in the game at NY and it went for about 5 yards...

What I've noticed is that Denver rarely uses a double tight end, 2 back set, preferring in or spread the defense amd run one-back..plays

7 TDs is a a fluke...but I will say that single season TD record is in jeapordy

Did you ever answer the original question as to how many TD Peyton would throw :scratch:  You have had so many  long  replies I didn't read them to see if you had answered the question. :funny:

My answer is 4.  I like to keep it simple. :)  Makes it quicker for people to read the thread and replies.

minimum 3, more depending on his choice of run Vs pass , as he wants that run game fully established, thats as short as I will go, sorry

U and at least 1 other I dont always get notice of being quoted

I wouldn't say the Raiders are the worst team in the league. I believe the broncos will win, but I wouldn't dismiss them if I were the Broncos. The raiders have their way of being sneaky good. I say Peyton will have 2 TD passes. Raiders offense will have unexpected long possessions keeping Manning on the sidelines.