Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck knows the 49ers defense

BlueShoe

okay so luck faced a defense in PRACTICE and at the COLLEGE level. this is the NFL..... but , the niners DC and HC know luck very well also and know his weaknesses. so in actuality,it could favor the niners also. it works both ways.  

And what weakness would that be? I have been watching Luck for 4 years now and I am not able to see any weaknesses. I have not heard anyone credible saying he has any weaknesses either. 

ADVANTAGE Luck!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what weakness would that be? I have been watching Luck for 4 years now and I am not able to see any weaknesses. I have not heard anyone credible saying he has any weaknesses either. 

ADVANTAGE Luck!

He sometimes holds on to the ball too long.  He sometimes misses open checkdowns instead forcing the ball downfield into coverage.  His accuracy can be spotty at times.  He seems to struggle reading NFL defenses pre-snap.  Luck has a lot of positives and a lot going for him...eventually he should be a great QB but to think he has no weaknesses at this point in his career is being willfully naive.

I am not sure why so many people believe the Colts are going to lose.

Vic Fangio used to be our DC when Mora was the head coach and now he is the 49ers DC. Many may remember that Mora was fired because he refused to fire Fangio, 

Fangio was the DC at Stanford in 2010 and followed Harbaugh to the NFL. 

Luck practiced against Fangio's defense the entire 2010 season and he has a photographic memory. I do not think Stanford changed the defense in 2011 when Derek Mason took over either. We are going to light that secondary up all day long.

This is why I believe we are going to score often. Luck might throw for over 400 yards and 5 TD's.

He knows the Stanford's defense..

He's never played SF..

Different defensive coordinator.. Different players..

The whole familiarity issue is a moot point. Knowledge is an important thing in this league, but it means nothing without execution. Luck's knowledge will not help his O Line suddenly play like All Pros, whereas Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith already play like All Pros.

Don't grt me wrong. I hope Colts blow them away, but I think the OP is really reaching for a reason to feel confident with this thread.

The whole familiarity issue is a moot point. Knowledge is an important thing in this league, but it means nothing without execution. Luck's knowledge will not help his O Line suddenly play like All Pros, whereas Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith already play like All Pros.

Don't grt me wrong. I hope Colts blow them away, but I think the OP is really reaching for a reason to feel confident with this thread.

I made this thread to make a point. Most young QBs have to go through several levels of learning curves and do hurt a team while learning on the job. Luck is familiar with this defensive style and he will do just fine. We have so many people on this board who don't even think we should show up and that it is pathetic. 

Could we lose? Of course, but I believe we will be in the game all of the way, and have a chance to win it. I also believe we could match up well against the 49ers and could surprise everyone with how well we play.

I made this thread to make a point. Most young QBs have to go through several levels of learning curves and do hurt a team while learning on the job. Luck is familiar with this defensive style and he will do just fine. We have so many people on this board who don't even think we should show up and that it is pathetic.

Could we lose? Of course, but I believe we will be in the game all of the way, and have a chance to win it. I also believe we could match up well against the 49ers and could surprise everyone with how well we play.

Point taken. I just don't think the Colts have the O line to take on the upper level pass rushers in this league. It is all on Luck and his weapons. Sometimes that will be enough, but at this point I just don't feel confident against the better defenses in the league. That's not to say we should roll over and die. And it not to say I won't be cheering at the top of my lungs when they play. I just have a more pessimistic view of our O line and by extension our offense as a whole against San Fran's D.

Point taken. I just don't think the Colts have the O line to take on the upper level pass rushers in this league. It is all on Luck and his weapons. Sometimes that will be enough, but at this point I just don't feel confident against the better defenses in the league. That's not to say we should roll over and die. And it not to say I won't be cheering at the top of my lungs when they play. I just have a more pessimistic view of our O line and by extension our offense as a whole against San Fran's D.

They shut down Cameron Wake  :dunno:

How does our OL look to you now? :)

What is Luck going to say....

Luck: "Hey McGlynn, Willis is going to blitz. I can tell, I practiced against their D-coordinator a few years ago."

McGlynn: "OK, I got him"

The result of the play is McGlynn with a broken ego.

McGlynn walked off the field just fine. Willis- not so much.

Blue Shoe got creamed all week, if I was him I would keep this thread alive forever, because it's proof perception is not reality lol.

Sure, he gets his due. But... there were others that got me pumped up as well. IE:

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20615-niners-are-10-point-favorites/page-2#entry564001

And a few others I responded to and others I liked their posts on.  There may be some good info thrown out during the week by many posters, not always positive,  but it is the quite a few glass is > 3/4 full types here whose posts I seek out just before game time.  Set's the proper mindset and mood. :D

Looked great. Never been happier to be wrong.

Ditto. Pummeling San Fran was great. However, I'll need to see some consistency before I'm sold on our D and O-line. We've had good games before only to revert to the usual garbage for the next eight.

We're facing the worst team in the NFL by a mile next week. If we paddle them like we should, then that's frickin' outstanding. If we play down to their level and keep it close/god forbid lose I'll be greatly concerned.

We need to see this level of play be the norm, not the exception.