Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How much value do you put on being a "class organization"?

aliveon2legs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cutting a guy who has no real value because he had an altercation with the law, and keeping others, who acted in a similar incorrect manner, but were not cut because they might have some value is not the definition of 'classy'. Sure, they might still cut Lefeged and Brazill, or they will say Boyett was waived due to his injury........however.......

Two unclassy moves do not = classy, in my book.

I personally have no problem giving guys a second chance, as long as we don't become what the Bengals were about 5 years ago, I'm fine with it. As far as class goes, it starts with at the top. The team will be like their owner, gm, and coach. I don't want any black eyes or scandals to detract from the success that we have had, and will see in the future.

I prefer to look to more everyday sources of inspiration for how to live a good and fulfilling life. People who have helped me... teachers, mentors, relatives, friends, elders... those are the people who define class to me.

Sports teams? Not so much. First of all, the sport exists, in the first place, so that someone can profit. That alone partially excludes any sport from being a noble pursuit. 

Secondly, all teams put on a good show when it comes to philanthropy and charity work... they have to, or they'd get crucified in the media.

Thirdly, in my experience and brief brushes with professional athletes, most of them were like overgrown high school jocks, showing one face to the cameras and another behind the scenes. Most of them say and do all the right things, but as fans we don't generally get to see their uglier sides. The egos, etc. I think most of us would be at least mildly disappointed if we really knew what our "heroes" were like in person.

It sounds very cynical of me, I know, but I don't regard sports in the same way others do. It's entertainment for me, period. I love Bill Belichick as a head coach, but I sure wouldn't want him babysitting my kids! LOL...

I prefer to look to more everyday sources of inspiration for how to live a good and fulfilling life. People who have helped me... teachers, mentors, relatives, friends, elders... those are the people who define class to me.

Sports teams? Not so much. First of all, the sport exists, in the first place, so that someone can profit. That alone partially excludes any sport from being a noble pursuit. 

Secondly, all teams put on a good show when it comes to philanthropy and charity work... they have to, or they'd get crucified in the media.

Thirdly, in my experience and brief brushes with professional athletes, most of them were like overgrown high school jocks, showing one face to the cameras and another behind the scenes. Most of them say and do all the right things, but as fans we don't generally get to see their uglier sides. The egos, etc. I think most of us would be at least mildly disappointed if we really knew what our "heroes" were like in person.

It sounds very cynical of me, I know, but I don't regard sports in the same way others do. It's entertainment for me, period. I love Bill Belichick as a head coach, but I sure wouldn't want him babysitting my kids! LOL...

For sure sir. And as far as Bill Belichick babysitting your kids, would you really trust him not to film them with his secret mobile camera?

I put some value into being a Classy team.  I take pride in the fact that, for a long time, you don't hear about Colts players getting in trouble often.  I also don't think that's changed.  As some have said, signing a Vet with character issues is different than taking a "risk" on a guy just out of college.  You have to remember these guys are very young (Even younger than I am now, which is crazy...) and still have growing up to do.

The only players that bother me are the ones who have been in the league a number of years, and seem to have no interest in being a professional and staying out of trouble.

Let me guess.....you have stats to support that opinion. Not trying to jump on you, I just find absolute statements like this hard to get behind.

I do recognize the fact that you have done a much better job of not dissing oline players. Well done.

I didn't say he was the worst of all time, That I would have to have some statistical value for, But for me to say he is the worst Guard I have ever seen in my 18 years of watching football isn't a stretch. And over those 18 years Im sure if I did alot of research I have no doubt he would not be on the list of giving up the most sacks or pressures, But technique wise he is awful. Him and Olsen are neck and neck in that regard

We are definitely a class organization. I am in tune with a lot of other fanbases via some close friends at work and my in-laws (Giants and Jets fans).

You cannot imagine how much they whine about their o-coordinators or head coach boneheaded decisions or QB from week to week. That really doesn't go on here, it's the number one difference I notice about our fan base. That's because we employ classy and quality individuals in these spots, people who do a nice job. And it's been that way for a long time.

We really are one of the gold standard and top organizations in all of football. We breed success and winning. Kind of like Pittsburgh for example.

The way we handled the release of that kid DB who got arrested monday morning.... that's a prime example that nonsense won't be tolerated here. I expected and hoped the organization would show the kid the door and they did.

Every organization needs to take calculated risks on guys to see if they can turn their act around. It's about what they do after they've made a mistake. Lavon Brazill, I'm looking at you kid. Love your ability, but you've had strike one. Don't do it again.

The sum of the parts is a group of guys who will handle problem children on their own. Our leaders aren't brash, flamboyant divas or troubled guys. They aren't bad boys by any means. There are teams around there that are. But you didn't hear about 10 of our guys being into PED's in the offseason did you? But the Seahawks were rampant for that stuff. In my mind they're a good organization that takes in troubled strays because they can play. We aren't like that.

As long as Irsay has a heartbeat, I'm confident the fear will be instilled in guys to stay on the right path. I don't mind Grigson rolling the dice once in a while on a talent because that's what winning organizations do. If they screw up, show them the door. With this team built around Luck you will NEVER hear about us being littered up and down the roster with troubled guys. If you can give him a Moss or a T.O. type talent at WR who runs his mouth some, I still would be all for it. Now, an entire stable of WR who are like that? No way. But adding one guy like that isn't going to hurt us.

I think that Grigson and Pagano very much value being a 'class' organization. 

I would be worried if we were bringing in vets like TO or Ocho-Cinco -- but we are not.  We have a very solid group of classy veterans:  Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Adam Vinatieri, Cory Redding, Matt Hasselbeck, Antoine Bethea are a few that come to mind.  Then we seem to have a young group of classy players: Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, TY, Griff Whalen, DHB, Jerrell Freeman, Josh Chapman, Matt Overton, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, RJF, Pat Angerer, Bjoern Werner, Costanzo, Reitz, McGlynn, Holmes, Thornton, Cherilus are names that come to mind that I have never heard a negative word said about them regarding off the field actions.

Montori Hughes is a young guy that had some character issues coming from college -- so far, all I have heard about him in camp is that he was following Redding around non-stop trying to learn how to be a professional.  To my knowledge, he has not been in any off-field troubles since joining our team.  I am not sure how many posters on this board went to college, but I can almost guarantee that any one who ever went to college has done at least 1 thing that they wish that they hadn't -- it doesn't get amplified if you are not a student-athlete, those guys get a lot more scrutiny than the guys that go on to work as CEO's or bankers or farmers, etc... I know a lot of people I went to college with that are very successful in a lot of different fields that did a lot of stupid things between ages 17-23, some that even got caught for doing things but never got brought to the public's attention because they were not star athletes.  Some needed mentors, some just needed a more stable lifestyle (i.e., 9-5 job), some needed to get in a little trouble to stop being . -- are any of them terrible people for something they did at age 21?  No.  If any of them got caught for doing some of the things they did at age 21 and were big time student-athletes, would the rest of us who did stupid things and didn't get publicized sit around and bash the guys for being . or low-lifes?  Probably.

DaRick Rodgers is the same way as Hughes, physically-gifted, who made a few mistakes in college.  I will go out on a limb here and say that a lot of players in college smoke pot and don't get caught for it.  DaRick has been clean (or at least passed his tests) for well over a year now.  It sounds like his work ethic is questionable, but I like his quote the other day - something like "Coach Pagano sat me down and said 'this is how we do things here, this is how it is giong to be.  are you going to be able to handle that?' and I said 'Yessir, I can do that.'"   I think Pagano already put him on a tight leash, if he screws up, he is gone.  If he can be like Montori and latch onto a guy like Reggie Wayne, who knows, maybe he can grow up a little and be a productive player and citizen in Indy.

Those are the only 2 guys with 'character issues' that I can think of that we have brought in this season.  Neither of them have acted up at all, so far.  If they do, I think they know that they are on a tight leash and I think we just made it clear by releasing Boyett that we won't tolerate these things.

Lefeged was arrested for fleeing from police with a gun that he had legally licensed to carry very close to where he was.  He was over the state-line, so technically it would have been illegal for him to carry a gun the spot where he was.  Fleeing from the police is where he made a mistake here, and where I could think of 'character issues', but we don't know the story.  I am a little concerned that he had a gun in the first place after dark, but that doesn't make him a 'bad character' -- a lot of people carry licensed weapons and a lot of people carry unlicensed weapons -- the fact that his was licensed leads me to believe that he doesn't have a bad track record (at least not bad enough to warrant him not being able to carry a licensed weapon).  Nobody knows why he ran, I am not even sure why he was confronted by the cops.  Unfortunately, a lot of black males get approached by cops late at night, this could have very well been the case, or maybe he did something stupid to draw attention to himself, I don't know.  He could very well have ran thinking "Oh crap, if these guys search me and find that I am over state-line I could get arrested for unlawful gun possession and the NFL will think I'm the next Aaron Hernandez".  Fact is, I have never heard of Lefeged shooting anyone, harming anyone, having intent to harm anyone, or anything else about him with off-the-field issues.  Grigson told the media he was very disappointed in this, and I am sure that Lefeged had a long meeting with Grigs, Irsay, and Pagano behind closed doors -- if they felt he was the next Hernandez, or a threat to society, I don't think he'd be with us.  I think he is a young guy that made a bone-head mistake, which could have very well been harmless -- if he got pulled over 20 miles away where he was licensed to carry, maybe he wouldn't have ran at all.

Levon Brazzill -- kid has great talent.  He got caught for a failed marijuana-test and has said he has put that behind him, realizing a career in the NFL is in jeopardy if he doesn't clean up his act.  I don't condone the fact that he failed the test, but I don't remember that being an issue any time prior to him joining the Colts and it hasn't been an issue since.  I am sure he had a long talk behind closed doors with the coaching staff and front office, convinced them he was putting dope behind him and they told him he is on a short leash.  Again, I don't condone this, but it is not like he has a reputation as a bad character for years and the Colts are bringing him in.  To my knowledge, he had nothing previous on his record prior to the Colts drafting him, and has only made one off-field mistake since being here.  He is about to start his 2nd year in the NFL -- if he messes up again, I expect he will be canned, but I will not say that the Colts organization brought in a bad apple here.. he has been disciplined by the league, and has acted accordingly since.  Keep in mind, he is 23-24 years old -- there are a whole lot of 23-24 year olds in society that are probably still smoking pot -- doesn't make them all bad people, some will continue to smoke pot and do drugs, and others will grow out of it -- let's hope that Brazzill learned his lesson and has grown out of it.

Pat McAffee -- he seems like a class act.  He was arrested because he got drunk and jumped in a canal.  He wasn't in a fight, he wasn't driving a car, he didn't cuss at the cops (he sounded like he was good and sloshed, but not like he was being aggressive or violent), he didn't shoot anyone, he was a few years younger then and he hasn't been in any trouble (that I know of) since.  He got a game suspension from the club and has since been one of our best players and seems to be very active in helping the community.

Fili Maoli -- I think he got a DUi before his rookie year and faced disciplinary action.  I have not heard of him doing anything out of line since.

John Boyett -- he was drunk and being a jerk.  He threw out the Colts name, he threatened violence on a cop, and he has never seen a down of NFL football -- and we have decent depth at safety.  We let him go almost immediately after our front office got their version of the story.  I think the fact that he isn't playing and probably wouldn't see the field until next year at earliest helped make this decision, but he made the most public embarassment to the franchise, and is, quite-frankly, expendable. 

I am sorry, but I do not see where the argument that the Colts might not care about being a classy franchise comes to play.  We have a few very young guys that haven't lived a perfect life -- and I am sure they all know that they are held on a tight leash.  If we were bringing in veterans with checkered pasts, who have proven to be locker room cancers, or failed multiple drug tests, I would be worried.  I think the worst that any of these guys could do to our team at this point is be laughed at, and dismissed.  I don't think DaRick Rodgers is a threat to be a cancer -- we have Reggie Wayne who I am sure would just say 'you are not even a has-been, you're a never were, pack your bags, kid.'

Very eloquently put, ColtsFanMikeC... totally agree with you!  

Really?

Go on, support this position.

Well, they didn't cut a guy that was busted with an unregistered firearm in the last city that you even want to carry a registered firearm.  Oh, and he ran from police.  Most people would consider that a risk.

How many chances is La'Von Brazill on now?  Three?

Montori Hughes has already been mentioned.

Then there is the Rogers kid that we just signed, but at least he is just on the practice squad, for now.

I have no idea if there were any warning signs for Boyett, but I can tell you that NFL organizations don't mess around when it comes to doing their background research.

Maybe by NFL standards that is not a lot, but it is by the standards that we've grown accustomed to around here.  You can bet your backside that Lefeged would have been cut in a New York second if Polian were the GM.  I'm not saying that's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's what would have happened.

Again, I never said that any of this is a bad thing.  I said myself that I'm all for giving guys a second chance, you just have to be very careful in how you do it.

He got burned A LOT and people think he's good because of flashy ball plays.

He did, but PFF, I believe is the article I read this morning, did a decent article on him basically stating that he absolutely struggled in zone coverage, yet excelled when he was in man coverage. They said his issues in zone coverage were that he was overly aggressive and also got caught looking in the back field way too much. He did limit Larry Fitzgerald to 8 catches on 21 targets, and we all know Larry doesn't need a whole lot of help in getting the football. He did limit Brandon Marshall and Golden Tate as well I believe. However, for playing those 3 guys well, he did let a lot of mid to lower level guys abuse him.

I guess St. Louis has a new DC and it sounds like him and Finnegan will see more man coverage opportunities so that should help him. Once he cleans up his technique and they put him in his comfort zone, I think he'll really start to shine.

He did, but PFF, I believe is the article I read this morning, did a decent article on him basically stating that he absolutely struggled in zone coverage, yet excelled when he was in man coverage. They said his issues in zone coverage were that he was overly aggressive and also got caught looking in the back field way too much. He did limit Larry Fitzgerald to 8 catches on 21 targets, and we all know Larry doesn't need a whole lot of help in getting the football. He did limit Brandon Marshall and Golden Tate as well I believe. However, for playing those 3 guys well, he did let a lot of mid to lower level guys abuse him.

I guess St. Louis has a new DC and it sounds like him and Finnegan will see more man coverage opportunities so that should help him. Once he cleans up his technique and they put him in his comfort zone, I think he'll really start to shine.

Fitzgerald had poop for a QB

Limiting Golden Tate is not that impressive...although Tate did have over 100 yards in the 2nd meeting.

Fitzgerald had poop for a QB

Limiting Golden Tate is not that impressive...although Tate did have over 100 yards in the 2nd meeting.

Agree that Fitz had poop for a QB, but he's one of those guys that doesn't need anything special, much like Reggie with Painter.

According to the article I read, Jenkins wasn't primarily on the receiving end of those yards.

I always like your approach to answers GoPats because they are comprehensive, realistic, & you make people think. I admire that. Class in & of itself is a word with many meaning. Do you define it as a noun? A classification system or economic status like rich, poor, or bourgeoisie? Do you define as a verb? Show some class & sportsmanship in the way you lose don't be deemed a criminal in your demeanor during a crushing defeat. Do you define it as an adjective? Peyton Manning was a classy player to go over & shake Ray Lewis's hand after the Broncos lost in the Playoffs etc. etc. It's all about perspective. [Yes I know 18 is a Bronco now, but he will always be a Colts QB to me. Denver is just a brief relocation stop before he retires & goes into the NFL HOF to me.]

Coaches are paid to win Playoff games not be a model citizen. I can respect people who believe ethics & morals mean everything to them & I can appreciate "the ends justifies the means" too. Achieve the pinnacle of your profession by any means necessary. To quote the movie "Roadhouse" starring Patrick Swayze, "there's a time to be nice & a time to not be nice." 

I also agree with you 100% that role models who display class are not athletes or celebrities, but people who DIRECTLY influence your life one on one in your daily or weekly life that you personally interact with. I've known ruthless people who give to charity all the time. Writing a check doesn't automatically qualify a person as kind, humble, & committed to a life of good deeds another salient point GoPats. 

No one remembers losers or national jokes in sports. They become infamous as opposed to famous & a successful record on the field gives a franchise a bigger platform & more exposure & clout to do more things on a wider scale that helps more people in their community. Just SW1's take on the "class" question. Thank you. 

I think its very important both on and off the field.

I believe that the teams image reflects the quality of the team. Have you ever heard of a successful team full of scumbags? Me neither. Sure there are some rough edges on EVERY NFL team, but in order to be successful, you have to have a core of high quality, intelligent, classy professionals. Also, it attracts OTHER high quality, intelligent, classy FREE AGENTS to want to play in our city for such a highly respected organization.

Thats why I love the Colts. This organization is on the best franchises in all of sports in that regard.  :applause::coltslogo:  :yes:​ 

Class also implies squeaky clean, high character, doing things on the straight & narrow always doing the right thing. There is an ominous and  inauspicious charm in the flip side to that coin. A dark, sinister football villain that a person roots for to fail miserably. Dallas, New England, pick whatever team you crave & covet with every fiber in your body to unravel, snap, or completely collapse...

I won't deviate from this topic. I am merely pointing out that cheering for a franchises demise has it's own underground, menacing class appeal among countless NFL fans too. You can't appreciate sunlight without the darkness right? Teams use the us against the world motif all the time as a rallying cry of anger, defiance, & brotherhood on the field...

I think its very important both on and off the field.

I believe that the teams image reflects the quality of the team. Have you ever heard of a successful team full of scumbags? Me neither. Sure there are some rough edges on EVERY NFL team, but in order to be successful, you have to have a core of high quality, intelligent, classy professionals. Also, it attracts OTHER high quality, intelligent, classy FREE AGENTS to want to play in our city for such a highly respected organization.

Thats why I love the Colts. This organization is on the best franchises in all of sports in that regard.  :applause::coltslogo:  :yes:​ 

Interesting...Intelligence is a byproduct of class meaning that intelligent people flock to a well run organization or does intelligence spawn or create class? I never associated class with intelligence because you can have smart coordinators & coaches at lackluster franchises like Cleveland or Jacksonville. An intriguing sentiment Legend Of Luck. Or is winning more synonymous with intelligence since only the best & brightest will come to a team with a record of competing for championships implying that franchises like INDY are the shortest path to SB glory? 

I'm not picking on you Legend Of Luck; I'm just brainstorming outloud trying to come to terms with my own answer to what intelligence really means to a free agent & how they decide which organization to sign a contract with...

in the NFL, most players flock to where the big bucks are. Sorry to rain on your parade. Sure, we have a few who may stay loyal to a team, but those already have 50 mill in the bank. It's so easy to be classy when you don't have to keep an eye on your bank balance, or the amount of food in your fridge. Although I agree they should not be linked.

Probably everyone on this board would say the Colts have been a classy organisation for years, yet how many would say that Polian didn't act like a prize jerk throughout. We are very selective in what we value and what we rate. Sometimes we ignore the warts to make us feel good.

in the NFL, most players flock to where the big bucks are. Sorry to rain on your parade. Sure, we have a few who may stay loyal to a team, but those already have 50 mill in the bank. It's so easy to be classy when you don't have to keep an eye on your bank balance, or the amount of food in your fridge. Although I agree they should not be linked.

Probably everyone on this board would say the Colts have been a classy organisation for years, yet how many would say that Polian didn't act like a prize jerk throughout. We are very selective in what we value and what we rate. Sometimes we ignore the warts to make us feel good.

haha Beautifully stated BHC! Class is a wealthy, tax bracket & most people associate millions in revenue or gross income with intelligence as in "he or she is worth millions therefore they must be smart & worth listening to."

Economic security for one's family does reveal a form of intelligence: Destroy your body & mind to give your family access to a better life & open influential doors that would otherwise remain forever closed. 

Also, serious cash in the million buys you the best lawyers & bloodthirsty sharks money can buy. District attorneys don't mess with a person who can drown them in legal manuvering for years & prosecutors don't like to prosecute the rich & famous because they need re-election money for their political campaigns. Never bite the hand that feeds you. 

Cheers bro'. Only 5 weeks till I hit Indy.......after a week in Vegas, I'm on a detox regime right now, to get back in shape for my visit!

Hang in there buddy & try to avoid those tequila worm or scorpion suckers while you are at it...Just Kidding! Enjoy your game pal. If I see you on TV, SW1 will wave.  :thmup:

5377327713_4253522676_z.jpg

teq_worm_suck_l-500x500.jpg

it's important that the colts sell an image of midwestern values, because it's needed to succeed in this region 

but i am not delusional. not every colt is going to be that regular joe the common fan can relate to. leadership is what matters

Definitely agree with this, look at the Pacers when they went "gangsta". 

As far as the Colts are concerned, there are some players who made mistakes looking for a second chance.  Most of those mistakes weren't unforgiveable to myself or alot of the fans.  I think what is important is their is positive leadership in the organization and locker room that keeps players from getting involved with the wrong people and situations. 

It matters a lot to me. I'd hate to think people would have a general understanding that we cheated our way to Super Bowls. Or we had a Head Coach sleeping with another Man's wife. Or we had super turds on our team with major character issues. Or straight up murderers.

That's no way to talk about the Elway-lead Broncos of the 1990s. Have some respect will ya? 

Oh you weren't talking about them cheating the cap? What else could it have been then? Hmm...

;) 

This subject is very interesting, considering we are talking about Indiana, and how odd and funny acting they act when it comes to sports teams, that are frankly full of minorities. I saw it with the Pacers where the big fight with Detroit fans caused the organization to break up a good team only to wallow in mediocrity for a few years. Apparently in Indiana it is preferable to be a crap team with "class act" than to be good team some edgy players. Now the team has a bunch of no personality, humble, and nice players (to play as foils against the unfairly demonized Lebron James) that play hard and ask nothing in return. Big whoop. To me it's disgusting that hypocritical home town conservative evangelical christian values are forced onto players without one ounce of empathy of their circumstances, like when the players encounter the police for something. Conservative values that has Peyton Manning acting like he is humble and should not be mentioned with past greats when he breaks their records constantly. People fall for that crap? I understand why Petyon does it so I don't hold that against him, and his whole story about his work ethic and self made success (even though he was born wealthy) is great PR in this country, but come on!

Also, people getting upset when players have fun on the field and celebrate their good plays. They would rather them act stoic like Bellicheck, never showing any emotion, acting like a robot, giving stock answers in interviewers. Class act being defined by people with no personality, robots who show no emotion in public. I'd rather have somebody with some personality. And I won't even go in depth about stereotypes of minorities that enters into the equation or class/wealth issues. I'm sure some dissed Edgerrin James for being lazy for not going to the pre workout before the unofficial workout, that's before the official workout. Edge didn't even celebrate after he scores which is what people who say they value a class act want and he still got flack. I had a boss who called Tony Dungy lazy because he retired from coaching at the age of 57. I know these stereotypes are prevalent.

In other words, forget a class organization, I want a winning one. Colts were lucky to have a Tony Dungy who could take players in and have them on a path to success that benefits them and the organization.

The world's first Reverse Nanny Cam? 

The hooded one cannot be trusted.  ;)

I actually like it when NE fans joke around about SpyGate because it tends to diffuse the scandal completely & disarm people almost instantly. Look at Bill Clinton & the Monica Lewinsky scandal now: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" is almost a punchline of endearment now.

SW1 is not endorsing sexual harassment at all in real life. I am just pointing out that humor used in the right circumstance can elevate one's reputation as opposed to detract from it. That's all.   

This subject is very interesting, considering we are talking about Indiana, and how odd and funny acting they act when it comes to sports teams, that are frankly full of minorities. I saw it with the Pacers where the big fight with Detroit fans caused the organization to break up a good team only to wallow in mediocrity for a few years. Apparently in Indiana it is preferable to be a crap team with "class act" than to be good team some edgy players. Now the team has a bunch of no personality, humble, and nice players (to play as foils against the unfairly demonized Lebron James) that play hard and ask nothing in return. Big whoop. To me it's disgusting that hypocritical home town conservative evangelical christian values are forced onto players without one ounce of empathy of their circumstances, like when the players encounter the police for something. Conservative values that has Peyton Manning acting like he is humble and should not be mentioned with past greats when he breaks their records constantly. People fall for that crap? I understand why Petyon does it so I don't hold that against him, and his whole story about his work ethic and self made success (even though he was born wealthy) is great PR in this country, but come on!

Also, people getting upset when players have fun on the field and celebrate their good plays. They would rather them act stoic like Bellicheck, never showing any emotion, acting like a robot, giving stock answers in interviewers. Class act being defined by people with no personality, robots who show no emotion in public. I'd rather have somebody with some personality. And I won't even go in depth about stereotypes of minorities that enters into the equation or class/wealth issues. I'm sure some dissed Edgerrin James for being lazy for not going to the pre workout before the unofficial workout, that's before the official workout. Edge didn't even celebrate after he scores which is what people who say they value a class act want and he still got flack. I had a boss who called Tony Dungy lazy because he retired from coaching at the age of 57. I know these stereotypes are prevalent.

In other words, forget a class organization, I want a winning one. Colts were lucky to have a Tony Dungy who could take players in and have them on a path to success that benefits them and the organization.

When I hear fans brag about class and how they want a classy organization I always wonder how many of them would turn on the team if it was a classy organization that had some really nice guys, but were perpetual losers like the Bills versus have some bad apples here and there but continue to win championships.  

The Pacers were a great example after the brawl they really cleaned up their image and really went out of their way to find "classy" players, but they were terrible.  The fans still did not come even though the organization turned it around and became a classy organization.  The fans did not show up till the team started winning and that is what it all boils down.

Sure there will be fans that will stick to their guns about class, but most fans care more for winning than class.