Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan puts Sanchez in late because Jets were ‘trying to win the game’

ReMeDy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rex-ryan-says-put-mark-sanchez-because-jets-032659204.html

Here is the play of the injury:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000233691/Mark-Sanchez-goes-down-in-the-4th-quarter

Sanchez was put behind the backup o-line in the 3rd Q after Geno Smith's awful performance. So now what do the Jets do? Why does this QB circus keep happening every week?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rex-ryan-says-put-mark-sanchez-because-jets-032659204.html

Here is the play of the injury:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000233691/Mark-Sanchez-goes-down-in-the-4th-quarter

Sanchez was put behind the backup o-line in the 3rd Q after Geno Smith's awful performance. So now what do the Jets do? Why does this QB circus keep happening every week?

The Jets won. Guess it was worth it. I remember when Buddy Ryan put his starting defensive line in a preseason game against the Colts just to preserve the win. It was in the last 2 minutes. Just boggles the mind! Wouldn't be an ego trip would it?

Why is this being described as a "meltdown" he supposedly had during the conference by the media?

Why?

Why do people support the media when they peddle such nonsense?

Are you mentally challenged, special needs or what? 

I was watching NFLN and they said Rex had a "meltdown" and mentioned something about him maybe being fired. I expected to see him throwing things, kicking a panda or setting the podium on fire. 

All he did was smart off to an STOOPID REPORTER ASKING STOOPID QUESTIONS.

The media always does this, and some of you dipwads eat it up like you got strings attached to your hands. Dance, marionette ...dance for the media you fools. 

The media has a kinship similar to the way police act. If you say anything against them, if you give them a hard time, smart off to them, they pile on you and attack you like this. 

Shame on the ever increasingly terrible and sensationalist piece of garbage NFLN for joining the fray. 

That steaming pile of garbage known as the NFL network is no different now than any tabloid rag on the shelf. 

And for the rest of you. I though Sanchez was the joke of the league? I thought y'all said he was trash? Now you flakes are acting like the Jets season is finished because buttfumble Sanchez got hurt in a preseason game? 

Get out of my face with that garbage. 

Why is this being described as a "meltdown" he supposedly had during the conference by the media?

Why?

Why do people support the media when they peddle such nonsense?

Are you mentally challenged, special needs or what?

I was watching NFLN and they said Rex had a "meltdown" and mentioned something about him maybe being fired. I expected to see him throwing things, kicking a panda or setting the podium on fire.

All he did was smart off to an STOOPID REPORTER ASKING STOOPID QUESTIONS.

The media always does this, and some of you dipwads eat it up like you got strings attached to your hands. Dance, marionette ...dance for the media you fools.

The media has a kinship similar to the way police act. If you say anything against them, if you give them a hard time, smart off to them, they pile on you and attack you like this.

Shame on the ever increasingly terrible and sensationalist piece of garbage NFLN for joining the fray.

That steaming pile of garbage known as the NFL network is no different now than any tabloid rag on the shelf.

And for the rest of you. I though Sanchez was the joke of the league? I thought y'all said he was trash? Now you flakes are acting like the Jets season is finished because buttfumble Sanchez got hurt in a preseason game?

Get out of my face with that garbage.

Shewwee... feel better now?

Shewwee... feel better now?

Yes.....

My apologies for being so....frank. 

This idiocy has to stop. The media is a gang of liars. Insult one you insult them all, and people eat it up. Good on Rex for frustrating the mouthy reporter that wouldn't accept Rex's answer. 

So this guy put his blood and sweat into winning a preseason game? And I'd imagine the Giants probably had their 2nd team defense on the field at that time?

He was testing Sanchez. If Sanchez can't win that situation, it says a lot. Frankly, Simms has outplayed both Sanchez and Smith. 

In more than 45 years of following football this has to be one of the worst, dumbed, most *ic moves a coach has ever made.

This has nothing to do with the media.   Absolutely zero.   Anyone who says otherwise,  is seriously mistaken.

This demonstrates a complete lack of judgement by the head coach.  

You put your starting quarterback into a game behind a 2nd string offensive line??    To try and win a pre-season game??

Insanity.

If I had confidence in one of my two coordinators, I'd fire Ryan today.   

"You play to WIN the game" - Herm Edwards

I realize your not serious , Preseason ?  Regardless of the score this was a loss . What do you get for a Win in the preseason ? A pat on the back ? Into the HOF ?

I thought teams were trying to get prepared for the regular season IMO  Rex Ryan has derailed his lil crazy train.

I realize your not serious , Preseason ?  Regardless of the score this was a loss . What do you get for a Win in the preseason ? A pat on the back ? Into the HOF ?

I thought teams were trying to get prepared for the regular season IMO  Rex Ryan has derailed his lil crazy train.

Yes, it was a joke. My previous post said it was perhaps the worst coaching decision I have ever seen in the preseason. But in fairness to Ryan, Smith was playing so bad that he wanted to salvage the game. I get it on one level as I am not sure the Jets will win much this year so give the guys a taste before it gets ugly kind of like the way Bills played their starters vs. the Colts but given his QB situation, he really needed to protect Sanchez. Just a bad, bad decision. Right now Sanchez is day to day. No structural damage or separation so Ryan may have dodged a bullet.

BTW, Jets open at home agains the Bucs. Can't wait to see Revis play in that game. He will be so amped up.