Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You know, the Colts ARE going to go to the playoffs....

Jules

It has nothing to do with tonights game really. Just always felt we will get back there again.

It's just a matter of where we are seeded by years end and how healthy we are.

That is all.

:goodluck:  :thmup:  :yay:  :cheer2:

edit: thread title has an extra "to" in it.

It has nothing to do with tonights game really. Just always felt we will get back there again.

It's just a matter of where we are seeded by years end and how healthy we are.

That is all.

:goodluck:  :thmup:  :yay:  :cheer2:

edit: thread title has an extra "to" in it.

No kidding. It's not new news

Not to disagree that we'll make it back to the playoffs, because I'm sure we can and I think we will. However, with the limited preseason action we've seen so far, I've got to say, there are some things I'm disappointed with. Our running game still looks weak (waiting to see Bradshaw in action). Our O-line doesn't seem like a great improvement, though much remains to be seen since they're likely still gelling. And our defense just hasn't shown anything near my expectations yet, but I was pleased to see an interception by Toler. I'm hoping we'll see more pass rush soon.

Luck has been perhaps the best thing about the preseason so far, he certainly hasn't lost a step, and the mistakes seem to be cleaning up nicely.

Not to disagree that we'll make it back to the playoffs, because I'm sure we can and I think we will. However, with the limited preseason action we've seen so far, I've got to say, there are some things I'm disappointed with. Our running game still looks weak (waiting to see Bradshaw in action). Our O-line doesn't seem like a great improvement, though much remains to be seen since they're likely still gelling. And our defense just hasn't shown anything near my expectations yet, but I was pleased to see an interception by Toler. I'm hoping we'll see more pass rush soon.

Luck has been perhaps the best thing about the preseason so far, he certainly hasn't lost a step, and the mistakes seem to be cleaning up nicely.

Yeah, our run blocking I don't think has been all that sharp.  It takes time for a line to gel, so I'm still optimistic.  And adding Bradshaw into the mix may change things, but it won't open up any holes.  OL has to be better in the run blocking.

Luck has cleaned up a lot of the mistakes, although that TD pass to Wayne should have been picked, but I'll take it.  Beautiful concentration by Wayne.

I agree 100%. I was really expecting to see our running game be night & day better than last year. But like everyone is saying, it's only preseason. There isn't anything spectacular happening currently but I'm sure that will change up in game 1. I've always thought Donald Brown fell off bad the past couple seasons but he's looking better in my opinion.

As far as defense goes, I'm impressed with Caesar Rayford. I really hope this guy continues to power through on each game and be a solid play maker. We shall see...

The Colts are good enough to win the division, IMO. Our first game after the bye week at Houston will be a big barometer for us. Both teams have the bye week at the same time and we will both be fired up. That game will be the start of a lot of good things to come :).

I think we have a real chance at winning the division. Obviously we cant compete with the texans defense comparatively but cant expect JJ watt to replicate the season he had last year. On offenses though I could see Texans having a down year. Schaub has proven to be a fringe top 10 guy. Andre Johnson gets banged up a lot and Arian Foster can not seem to stay healthy either. 

I'm sure we'll see more pass rush when Mathis plays more than the first couple of drives.  He and Redding have played very little in the first 2 preseason games. I could be wrong but I don't think we've gotten to see Mathis and Werner on the field together yet.

They had 8 or 9 guys in the box come on

We're just scratching the surface! As guys get healthy we will start to really come on. We have to remember, like last year we had another big turnover this year. As long as we are clicking come game one we will be in good shape.

Honestly, like the days of manning. I'm feeling we have a punchers chance with any team we play as long as 12 is under center. He is just a flat out winner. We really are lucky to be Colts fans! Thank you painter!

Okay, SW1 just watched the Colts vs Giants 2nd preseason game. Here are my impressions:

--Reggie Wayne had great concentration on that 1st TD from Andrew Luck. 

--TY Hilton is gonna be a superstar in INDY. I love that kid! 

--That pick by CB Greg Toler darn near made me jump out of my chair. A beautiful sight man!  :thmup:

-- I still can't believe that Curtis Painter is legitimately competing to back up another Manning. Is Tom Coughlin Serious?! haha Stick with David Carr okay. Trust me.

--Andre Brown & David Wilson look like solid, tough, & gritty RBs for the NY Giants to me & I love me so Justin Tuck! Such a smart pass rusher. If you can't get to the QB, knock down the ball.

--I really hate it when NFL commentators make fun of Jim Irsay's tweets. I'm not mad at Aikman or Buck; I'm just disappointed & irritated at Jim. I'm sure he will say something like "I told Ya my talk with my commanders would help." Sigh... :facepalm:

Okay, SW1 just watched the Colts vs Giants 2nd preseason game. Here are my impressions:

--Reggie Wayne had great concentration on that 1st TD from Andrew Luck. 

--TY Hilton is gonna be a superstar in INDY. I love that kid! 

--That pick by CB Greg Toler darn near made me jump out of my chair. A beautiful sight man!  :thmup:

-- I still can't believe that Curtis Painter is legitimately competing to back up another Manning. Is Tom Coughlin Serious?! haha Stick with David Carr okay. Trust me.

--Andre Brown & David Wilson look like solid, tough, & gritty RBs for the NY Giants to me & I love me so Justin Tuck! Such a smart pass rusher. If you can't get to the QB, knock down the ball.

--I really hate it when NFL commentators make fun of Jim Irsay's tweets. I'm not mad at Aikman or Buck; I'm just disappointed & irritated at Jim. I'm sure he will say something like "I told Ya my talk with my commanders would help." Sigh... :facepalm:

If making fun of him for his tweets is the worst thing that they can come up with, then I am fine with that. I like our quirky owner.  

At least he doesn’t make bone head football decisions like Jerry Jones does.

Irsay tweets like this:

Name 1st player waived N 1988 season for secret prize goodie bag! Abby's hatpick!

Anywho the Giants learned from the Colts and understand that every so often, you need the top pick in the draft to rebuild your team. Insert Curtis Painter. Cheaper then Rex Grossman and guaranteed to back sell tickets faster than Mark Sanchez!

If making fun of him for his tweets is the worst thing that they can come up with, then I am fine with that. I like our quirky owner.  

At least he doesn’t make bone head football decisions like Jerry Jones does.

Yeah, I know. Tweeting is part of Jim's personality that will never change. I get it. I guess I will have to find a way to deal with it. It's like when my nephews do something really stupid & exercise no impulse control. I say my piece, express my disappointment, but I still love em at the end of the day. I still subscribe to the mindset that owners need to be silent partners in the social media realm though. Owners can still be community leaders & do good deeds, which Jim certainly does, but come on this isn't high school & an owner shouldn't act like he's trying to impress the captain of the cheerleading squad. JMO. 

Regarding Jerry Jones, SW1 views him as a marketing genius, but the Cowboys need to get to the 2nd round of the Playoffs before I take them serious. It infuriates me the attention they get in the national media. What a joke. I'll root for the Texans to crush them before I will ever support the overrated Cowboys. I'm also rooting for Rob Ryan too a darn good DC IMO. Do the Cowboys play the Saints this year? I sincerely hope so. Either that or they or the Texans knock them out of the post season. I would ROTF if that happened personally. 

Yeah, I know. Tweeting is part of Jim's personality that will never change. I get it. I guess I will have to find a way to deal with it. It's like when my nephews do something really stupid & exercise no impulse control. I say my piece, express my disappointment, but I still love em at the end of the day. I still subscribe to the mindset that owners need to be silent partners in the social media realm though. Owners can still be community leaders & do good deeds, which Jim certainly does, but come on this isn't high school & an owner shouldn't act like he's trying to impress the captain of the cheerleading squad. JMO. 

Regarding Jerry Jones, SW1 views him as a marketing genius, but the Cowboys need to get to the 2nd round of the Playoffs before I take them serious. It infuriates me the attention they get in the national media. What a joke. I'll root for the Texans to crush them before I will ever support the overrated Cowboys. I'm also rooting for Rob Ryan too a darn good DC IMO. Do the Cowboys play the Saints this year? I sincerely hope so. Either that or they or the Texans knock them out of the post season. I would ROTF if that happened personally. 

Lol. I know what you mean. I have had to shake my head a few times about my nephews as well.

They are still riding on their name from the glory years. I personally think that Jerry’s biggest problem is that he tries to do too much and control everything. When he makes comments like he did last year when asked if he would fire a gm that has done as poorly as he has, and he answers yes, you would think that that should tell him something. However he chooses to ignore the fact that he doesn’t know everything.

I also wanna see Chandler Harnish in with the ones at some point...Maybe the 4th Preseason game. SW1 isn't very impressed with his accuracy. It's not consistent enough. Yes, I know he's still learning, but I hope that we didn't waste a draft pick on this kid. He has arm strength, but I'm not sold on him personally. Pagano & Grigs rave about his toughness. I just am troubled by his lack of routine accuracy.

Perhaps this skill will develop over time. I don't know. I just hate wasting draft picks. I will give Harnish time to enhance his craft, but let's just say that I'm not the leader of his fan club right now.  

Hasselbeck played really well too with some good scrambling ability & nice side arm throws. Plus, I want to see Matthew win a SB ring.

I always love how Andrew Luck switches arms with the ball when he runs too. Secure the football at all times...

Lol. I know what you mean. I have had to shake my head a few times about my nephews as well.

They are still riding on their name from the glory years. I personally think that Jerry’s biggest problem is that he tries to do too much and control everything. When he makes comments like he did last year when asked if he would fire a gm that has done as poorly as he has, and he answers yes, you would think that that should tell him something. However he chooses to ignore the fact that he doesn’t know everything.

Bingo! Nailed it right there. Well said FanFromtheWasteland.  :thmup:  It just really disturbs me when Jerry Jones clings to their previous SB victories like they are still relevant in 2013. They're not...1995 was their last Lombardi trophy ceremony. 

Running against the Giants D was a good test for us too. I like to see our RB lineup be Bradshaw, Ballard, Brown, then Carter. 

Werner played well along with Nevis. It's nice to see a defensive line be aggressive for once & not manhandled for a change like the latter years under GM Bill Pollian. Our team will no longer be viewed as soft. Oh yeah! 

Fleener didn't have his best game. Hopefully, he will redeem himself next week. Not an indictment of him; I just wanna see a better performance that's all. Everyone's entitled to an off night occasionally.

Adam V. must have found the fountain of youth. He still can make FG kicks effortlessly like clockwork. I think we will have a very good year. At least the 2nd round of the Playoffs IMO...

Hey, just out of curiousity, what was the penalty against the Giants bench called for in the 2nd half? Joe Buck didn't explain it to my satisfaction. Was it taunting? Excessive celebration? What? 

BTW: Why is the league cracking down on TD celebrations this year anyway? I love the Mile High salute or a nice salsa dance? Loosen up Goodell would ya please...It's hard to score; let em celebrate come on man...

On a side note, I feel sorry for cheerleaders. They spend all that time mastering flawless routines & nobody gets to watch them on TV or they put 2nd half stats in the way. Can't a guy admire the view?  :lol:  :funny:

Start the cheerleading channel or pom pom boot camp. Now, that program documenting the struggles to make a roster would make a boat load of money for the NFL. I'm just saying...

Women can be cut throat & brutal trying to secure a team spot. Great entertainment! Just Kidding! 

Hey, just out of curiousity, what was the penalty against the Giants bench called for in the 2nd half? Joe Buck didn't explain it to my satisfaction. Was it taunting? Excessive celebration? What? 

BTW: Why is the league cracking down on TD celebrations this year anyway? I love the Mile High salute or a nice salsa dance? Loosen up Goodell would ya please...It's hard to score; let em celebrate come on man...

On a side note, I feel sorry for cheerleaders. They spend all that time mastering flawless routines & nobody gets to watch them on TV or they put 2nd half stats in the way. Can't a guy admire the view?  :lol:  :funny:

Start the cheerleading channel or pom pom boot camp. Now, that program documenting the struggles to make a roster would make a boat load of money for the NFL. I'm just saying...

Women can be cut throat & brutal trying to secure a team spot. Great entertainment! Just Kidding! 

What does hazing look like in a cheerleader's locker room anyway? Do women get dunked into a tub of water too as part of the initiation process? I would be willing to see that enigma solved personally... Okay, I'll stop now. Ha! Ha! 

Yes, I realize that SW1 said that I would drop the cheerleading commentary, but I have one last question question on the subject with 2 parts attached to it? I have watched a couple of cheerleading tryout shows for "educational purposes," but I do wonder what are the credentials for the chief female squad evaluator & how come this person never really tells a candidate what their weaknesses are & how to improve their chances of getting selected & making the final cut?

The person in charge typically says something stupid like you're not Colts material, your energy was lacking, & good luck next year. Lady, don't make me hurt you okay. Is that how you landed your current position? Enthusiasm, a bubbly demeanor, & a nice, pearly white smile? Please...Give me a break.... 

Yes, I realize that SW1 said that I would drop the cheerleading commentary, but I have one last question question on the subject with 2 parts attached to it? I have watched a couple of cheerleading tryout shows for "educational purposes," but I do wonder what are the credentials for the chief female squad evaluator & how come this person never really tells a candidate what their weaknesses are & how to improve their chances of getting selected & making the final cut?

The person in charge typically says something stupid like you're not Colts material, your energy was lacking, & good luck next year. Lady, don't make me hurt you okay. Is that how you landed your current position? Enthusiasm, a bubbly demeanor, & a nice, pearly white smile? Please...Give me a break.... 

Translation: If I told these women what I was looking for specifically, I might actually have too get off my caboose & do some hardwork in the scrutiny process. You mean you want me to pay attention & do my job. OMG! I haven't had to do that in years...​ Sheer laziness really annoys me...

The announcers said something about Coughlin complaining to the ref that he had called time out and it was not seen by the official. I am guessing that he probably ran out on the field during play. That is what usually gets that flag.