Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Curtis Painter step up if Peyton goes down.

sixfive

Before everyone jumps all over me I'm just saying what I believe. IMAO if Painter gets enough reps in training camp I believe he can be a good backup for peyton if he goes down. Peyton has had most of the reps in camp for years he doesn't need all of them because he knows the system and he is a student of the game. Painter needs more time with the first team and he will do well. With peytons neck issues, it is primetime for Painter to show what he is made of. He came from a pro style system at Purdue. GO PAINTER. Now people dont beat me to bad. GO COLTS. I really would like to hear what you guys think.

If Peyton went down, we most certainly would not rely on Painter. We would go out and get a veteran. Just from seeing Painter in the few times he's taken over for Peyton so he didn't get injured, I know he has no future in the NFL as a QB. Maybe he can repaint the walls in Lucas. That's one high price for a Painter.

No, you saw him in the Bills game, and the famous Jets game, in the 09 season. We've also seen him disappoint in the pre-season. Waste of a spot on the active roster.

I was at the Bills game unforunately....Sat in the freezing cold for 3 hrs and had to watch the great CURTIS PAINTER play out the rest of the game. Great first Colts' game experience....NOT

Painter was considered a first round pick when he was in his junior year, but he didn`t perform well during his senior year and his draft stock fell. So we know the potential is there, but hopefully we never have to find out what Painter is like in games that count

If painter had the chance i think he would be a pretty good QB 10 times better than sorgi thats for sure, sorgi was never considered a 1st round pick, dude only played one season in college lol.. ill never let that go.

"Entering his third season, Painter has completed only eight passes during the regular season and has a career passer rating of 9.8. The preseason hasn't been much kinder to Painter. Playing mostly against the opponent's second- and third-string defenses, Painter has completed only 55.7 percent of his passes during the preseason, with a 1-to-6 touchdown-to-interception ratio."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/24352

(Ignore the 24-59 score :P)

^ He does stuff like this all the time. Sam Shields didn't make a good play - Curtis Painter made a dumb one. I wish I had that Youtube vid of his preseason performance against the Redskins, but I think YouTube took it down. In that game, Painter fumbled a hand-off, got intercepted, what, three times? It was the worst performance I've ever seen, even for preseason.

If painter had the chance i think he would be a pretty good QB 10 times better than sorgi thats for sure, sorgi was never considered a 1st round pick, dude only played one season in college lol.. ill never let that go.

Actual question: Are you joking? If you're not, then I'll ask you this one question: Do you think Curtis Painter can beat a top 10 defense (Titans in 08) 23-0? I don't think so.

"Entering his third season, Painter has completed only eight passes during the regular season and has a career passer rating of 9.8.

My initial reaction was :spit:

Then, I thought :foam: :rock: :wtg:

9.8 is not a passer rating, 9.8 is the average number of yards Diem costs us per drive in penalties...I never thought I could do better than anyone in the NFL, but like...

I think we are all too hard on Painter. His 2nd half against the jets was down right awful, and hes been just as bad in preseason. This doesn't mean that hes completely worthless. His junior year in college, he was great. His senior year yea was bad, but in order for him/kyle orton/drew brees to really show there metal is to give them a shot. Giving him vanilla plays in preseason, and the half a game in week 17 to show hes Peyton isn't going to show us how good he is.

I absolulty love the Nate Davis signing. That's one of those signings I do on madden every time I play franchise. Hes very underrated because he doesn't have the franchise build, but I think he also could surprise if given an legitimate chance.

No.

Emphatically no.

I was a HUGE fan of painter under Tiller, and I even called him one of the best Tiller ever turned out and I really liked when we drafted him.

But the fact is, he's not working at the NFL level, and he really isn't even a quality enough QB to be a #2 at the NFL level.

• 3 months later...