Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB winning #2 WR spot so far.

Indyfan4life

Does the thought of this offense give anyone else butterflies? I mean the more I think about it this is the most stacked that we have been since Marvin was around.

Wasn't a Colts fan at the time, but I have a few worries with the O-line.  The lack of depth at tackle and the fact that McGlynn and Satele are still starters.

That and there is the concern that age could catch up to Reggie.  He didn't have very many big games in the 2nd half of the season.

But I'm excited about Allen and Luck being in their 2nd year and having a big improvement over last year.  Bradshaw giving us a decent #1 RB that is good in all 3 aspects of the position, running, catching, and blocking.  Real excited about what DHB can give us.  Seems to me that DHB was the victim of poor QB play in the black hole.  I really think he could have a career year this year.

I'm sort of disappointed that we didn't sign him to a longer term deal on the cheap, because I get the feeling that after this year he could be wanting big money and may be one of the top FA wide-outs on the market.  

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't a Colts fan at the time, but I have a few worries with the O-line.  The lack of depth at tackle and the fact that McGlynn and Satele are still starters. 

Satele was brought in to be a starter and played banged up and surrounded by horrible G's (comparable to the reasons people explain Bethea's play last year). I think he will step it up and play solid at C when the Gs actually do what they are supposed to.

Mcglynn on the other hand will lose his job at G to Iljalana before week 1.

Satele was brought in to be a starter and played banged up and surrounded by horrible G's (comparable to the reasons people explain Bethea's play last year). I think he will step it up and play solid at C when the Gs actually do what they are supposed to.

Mcglynn on the other hand will lose his job at G to Iljalana before week 1.

I hope you are right about both... A healthy Ijalana is almost scary (in a good way) and I hate the idea of a rookie playing C...

I agree with some of the OP there is a lot of camp yet to come and how Mike Chappell got that from a walk through that the team had this morning with just shorts and tees on is beyond me.  Wonder what he will get when they have a full practice. haha

I agree with you. How can a reporter know what is going on. Could be they were just working DHB in this session. I am sure that all 3 WRs will be used in a great number of plays. The defense that our offense will face will dictate the personal on the field. We will see 3 TE sets also with anyone of the 3 WRs on the play. Training camp is just that. We will see more come preseason than seen in camp. 

From what I heard on the radio in two days his drop count is five.  Reggie has been working really hard with him though but I am not sure Reggie can teach him to have better hands.

From what I hear, Reggie is a monster on the jugs machine. Before practice, after practice, during practice, just working on catching balls. He's done it for years. This is nothing exclusive to Reggie, I'm sure most receivers do that, especially the great ones. And that's just one example of the kind of work someone like Reggie puts in. But you don't become a great hands man by osmosis. If DHB wants to benefit from Reggie, he needs to do what Reggie has done for years, and over time, it will pay off. Not in a few days or even a few months.

Same thing with anyone else, by the way. It sounds like Hilton put in a lot of work, and I think Griff Whalen is the kind of guy who had to work extra hard just to get the shots he's gotten so far. DHB is still young, and he should benefit from a better situation, but he's still got to put the work in. 

It could just be rust. If he's dropping them in a week's time, or in the pre-season, then it's time to get concerned.....I know from experience, that after the winter lay-off, my first round is all about driving it passed the ladies tees, no more than that! Although I don't get paid millions of bucks....