Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucas Oil Best Seats?

SilentHill

So I've been to LOS before, in the higher end zone seats and it was a good view, but I want something a little more personal.

So, for seasoned veterans, what do you think the best sections are?

From my own research it looks like 237-243 would be optimal, but what about 235 & 236 / 245 & 246.

Or maybe 337-343?

All opinions are appreciated!

To each their own, but my preference is to be up a little higher, between the corner and the 10 yard line. It affords a perfect angle and distance for watching plays unfold and for avoiding too much foreshortening in either direction.

I'm currently in 404, and wouldn't mind sliding a little further out of the corner, but the view is great.

To each their own, but my preference is to be up a little higher, between the corner and the 10 yard line. It affords a perfect angle and distance for watching plays unfold and for avoiding too much foreshortening in either direction.

I'm currently in 404, and wouldn't mind sliding a little further out of the corner, but the view is great.

I sat in 433 once and loved the angle. Wouldn't have minded down a level or two, but really enjoyed it. 

And for the OP:The Colts site has an interactive seat map for selling season tickets. You can check the view from various seats and pan around to check the view.

http://colts.io-media.com/#

The Indy Star had one from the the opening of Lucas oil. 

http://www.indystar.com/interactive/article/99999999/NEWS/80728072/Interactive-tour-Lucas-Oil-Stadium?nclick_check=1

So I've been to LOS before, in the higher end zone seats and it was a good view, but I want something a little more personal.

So, for seasoned veterans, what do you think the best sections are?

From my own research it looks like 237-243 would be optimal, but what about 235 & 236 / 245 & 246.

Or maybe 337-343?

All opinions are appreciated!

I don't think you could wrong with any of those seats.  Also, I don't think there is a 246.  238-242 and 338-242 are in the club section which will cost more money but you get more amenities. 

Does anybody know if the 208 section is ok.

I had section 208 for a B1G Ten championship game, and I thought they were pretty solid..especially when the teams were on our side of the 50. The only downside I can see, imo, was when they were in the redzone on the other side of the field (still wasn't that bad though)..but you can look on the big screen if you have trouble following the action in those situations. Anyways, I wouldn't have any problem buying tickets from that section again..then again I'm pretty easy to please ha.

It's probably too late to try this for this year.....  and I don't know if it will appeal to you.....

But....

I'ven been a Stanford season ticket holder for only a couple of years.   When I looked into buying,  trying to get two tickets pushed me out toward the 20-25 yard line,  maybe even further toward the end zone.

But....  if I was willing to buy just one ticket for me and only me,  I could buy a seat on the 40.   And so that's what I did.

I did that with the Rams when they were playing an Anaheim before they moved to St. Louis.   Buy one seat and just make friends with the other ticket holders around you.    You can get a much, much better ticket than you can if you're looking for two or more...

Look into it...   and maybe it's a better idea for next year or beyond?   

Just some food for thought....

I agree with others it is your personal preference.  I think mine our one of the best value.  North end zone section 153 on the aisle by 152 immediately behind the camera cutout.  Kind of neat watching some of the game through the camera and talking to the various cameramen.  Looking forward to season number 30 GO COLTS!!

Honestly, there are very few (if any, anymore) bad seats in LOS. I have season tickets in the lower 618 section and love the seats (had these seats since LOS opened).

Last year I went to four games at various levels and could see and enjoy the game at them all. 

Vikings game section 220 row 4 $99 issue price

Dolphins 624 row 17  $38 issue price

Titans 534 row 2 $69.00 issue price

Texans this wasn't a real ticket a paper printout so I don't still have it but it was in the $38 cheap seats last year.

Got all the tickets off Ebay and shopped around until I found deals.  If I had to pick I would probably go to several games in the cheap seats over just one in the expensive ones.  Being lower definitely isn't always better.

I'm in 446 and really enjoy them.

The corner view and height gives you depth both down and across the field but you're not so high as to not be able to see the details.  Plus, we're in one of the two corners where the big TV is directly across the field as opposed to having to look down a sideline to see.

We have season tickets in sec 229 and it is a perfect angle to see a touchdown and we don't have to deal with the hot sun from the roof. I would say there are good seats anywhere on the end where the Colts come out i've never been in the upper part of the stadium so I don't know how it is up there.

So far I've sat in 320(vikings,401(x2,once for jaguars,one for browns),and then in section 54(bills),and 634 the moved over to the 633 since there were seats empty and my friend and her fiance came and sat by us(dad,and 2 cousins)(titans game).There were all pretty good.I'm one of those people who don't care where I sit though.

My favorite sections are anything in the 300's.  I have season tickets now in 451 and really like those as well.  But when I didn't have season tickets, I always tried to get something in the 300's.  There are only 5 rows of seats at that level and most of the fans are fantastic -- no "other team fans" available.  The 200's are great as well. Can't wait for the season to start.