Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Wait for Updated Weight is Over (The Bigger is Better Edition)

NewColtsFan

Martin Tevaseu NT 345 pounds +20...Girth is a weird thing. Some guys like weight gain because with solid footwork girth makes you an immovable force of nature, but endurance becomes a factor as games progress into the 4th quarter.

I'm no nutritionist or body mass expert, but I just don't want our roster to get too big & too slow. But, I am glad to see this GM understand the need for some size on the line as opposed to tall, skinny, guys with speed alone as their primary asset like Polian typically favored.  

At this point, as long as we don't have an Albert Haynesworth on our roster...Fat, overpaid, & lazy...I'll be happy. I just hope that our guys remember to hit the weight room with 6 weeks off & eat right. 1 week off is fine, but no more than that IMO. Our guys know what we are trying to build in INDY & that this year is more important than last year. Prove to the rest of the league that the Colts are no 1 season wonder. We are here to cause some serious damage for the long haul. 

Texans hit us with everything in your arsenal. Don't hold back please. I wanna see how good we really are. Thank you. 

they are big boned, all of them.

Ever seen Brandon Mckinney with his shirt off? The man has **** the size of my upper body, Despite what some say not all will show up in shape and not all weight gained over the offseason will be muscle, Sometimes girth equals muscle, often times girth equals...well........fat-football-player-running.jpg

Ever seen Brandon Mckinney with his shirt off? The man has **** the size of my upper body, Despite what some say not all will show up in shape and not all weight gained over the offseason will be muscle, Sometimes girth equals muscle, often times girth equals...well........fat-football-player-running.jpg

Big breast bones :peek:

Why does that picture remind me of a Fat Albert cartoon? Good One Gavin!  :funny:  :lol: I just remember Bill Cosby doing that voice over work when I was a young kid I guess...

Fat-Albert-psd44440.png

At this point, as long as we don't have an Albert Haynesworth on our roster...Fat, overpaid, & lazy...I'll be happy. I just hope that our guys remember to hit the weight room with 6 weeks off & eat right. 1 week off is fine, but no more than that IMO. Our guys know what we are trying to build in INDY & that this year is more important than last year. Prove to the rest of the league that the Colts are no 1 season wonder. We are here to cause some serious damage for the long haul. 

Texans hit us with everything in your arsenal. Don't hold back please. I wanna see how good we really are. Thank you. 

The  Texans lol. Do they have to come up in every thread. I think the 49ers, Broncos and Seattle will be our test this year. Texans will be our whipping boy again, we are reloaded. They hit us with all they had last year and well you know.

The  Texans lol. Do they have to come up in every thread. I think the 49ers, Broncos and Seattle will be our test this year. Texans will be our whipping boy again, we are reloaded. They hit us with all they had last year and well you know.

First I wanna win the AFC South title Franklin County. That mandates knocking the crown off their head 1st. One step at at time. That's why SW1 said that. No easy task. The Texans, not the 49ers, are our #1 priority IMO.

Until we beat the Texans in our division, they are no laughing matter. I see no humor at all in mocking the Texans personally.

That's cool. We'll just ask Gabbert to pay a visit to Lucas Oil. ;)

this list is truly alot more comy to go through

1 thing i  find i have trouble with is making a chart by coping and pasting , it usually comes out like way u initially did it

then need a tonm of editing and spacing top get aligned if wanmt to work hard on it

GOOD JOB

Apologies.......     here is a MUCH easier to read list.....   The changes will be much more obvious!

Enjoy!      :thmup:  

Active

#         NAME            *.        HT.      WT.                 AGE    EXP.     COLLEGE

83 Allen, Dwayne    TE           6-3      265    +10       23         2          Clemson 

79 Anderson, Justin  G           6-5      340      -2        25         2          Georgia 

51 Angerer, Pat         ILB         6-0      236      ---        26        4          Iowa 

36 Asante, Larry        SS         6-0      210      ---        25         2         Nebraska 

33 Ballard, Vick         RB         5-10    224      +7       22         2         Mississippi State 

41 Bethea, Antoine    S           5-11    206     +10     28         8         Howard 

43 Boyett, John           S           5-10    203      -1       23         R         Oregon 

44 Bradshaw, Ahmad RB       5-10    214      ---       27         7         Marshall 

15 Brazill, LaVon       WR        5-11    194      +3      24         2         Ohio 

31 Brown, Donald      RB        5-10     207      -3       26        5          Connecticut 

38 Brown, Sergio       FS         6-2       217      +7      25        4          Notre Dame 

20 Butler, Darius        CB         5-10    186      +1      27        5          Connecticut 

34 Carter, Delone      RB         5-9       232       -6     25         3         Syracuse 

74 Castonzo, Anthony T          6-7       307       -8     24         3         Boston College 

29 Chapman, Allen    CB        5-11     181       ---     21         R         Kansas State 

61 Chapman, Josh     NT        6-0       340     +24     24        2          Alabama 

78 Cherilus, Gosder     T         6-7       314     -11      28        6          Boston College 

67 Cleary, Emmett        T         6-7       324     +11     23        R         Boston College 

53 Conner, Kavell       ILB       6-0       245     +12     26        4          Clemson 

86 Cunningham, Justice TE   6-3       258      ---       22       R          South Carolina 

23 Davis, Vontae         CB       5-11     204      -1       25        5          Illinois 

80 Fleener, Coby         TE        6-6       247      -5       24        2          Stanford 

97 Franklin, Aubrayo   NT        6-1       320     +5      32       11         Tennessee 

50 Freeman, Jerrell     ILB       6-0        232     -2       27         2         Mary Hardin-Baylor 

27 Gordy, Josh              CB      5-11      196     +1      26         3         Central Michigan 

25 Green, Marshay      CB       5-10      183     +8      27         2         Mississippi 

73 Griffin, Robert           G         6-6        361     +31    23         1         Baylor 

67 Guy, Lawrence        DE       6-4        318     +18     23        3         Arizona State 

Harnish, Chandler     QB      6-2         222     +3       24        1         Northern Illinois 

54 Harvey, Mario           ILB      6-0        264     ---        25        2          Marshall 

Hasselbeck, Matt       QB       6-4        235      +10    37       15        Boston College 

39 Havili, Stanley          FB       6-0         243       -2      25         2        USC 

65 Heard, Kellen           DT       6-6         341      +2      27         3        Memphis 

81 Heyward-Bey, Darrius WR 6-2        219      +3       26        5        Maryland 

55 Hickman, Justin      OLB      6-2        249       -9       27        2        UCLA 

13 Hilton, T.Y.                 WR      5-9        178       -5      23        2         Florida International 

56 Holmes, Khaled       C/G      6-3         319      +17    23       R        USC 

26 Howell, Delano          S        5-11       196       -5      23        2        Stanford 

73 Hughes, Montori       DT       6-4         335       +6     22       R        Tennessee-Martin 

71 Ijalana, Ben                 T        6-4         322      -15     23       3         Villanova 

99 Jean Francois, Ricky DT     6-3         297      +2       26       5         LSU 

46 Jones, Dominique      TE     6-3         270      +15     25       2         Shepherd 

84 Kelley, Jeremy             WR   6-6         231       +6      25       R        Maine 

30 Landry, LaRon              S      6-0         226       +6      28       7         LSU 

35 Lefeged, Joe                 S       6-0         204       -1       25       3        Rutgers 

72 Linkenbach, Jeff           T        6-6        325       +2       26       4        Cincinnati 

12 Luck, Andrew               QB      6-4        239       +5       23       2        Stanford 

56 Lutrus, Scott                  ILB     6-3        238       -9        25       2        Connecticut 

91 Mathews, Ricardo        DT     6-3        300       -10      25       4        Cincinnati 

98 Mathis, Robert             OLB    6-2        246       +1       32      11       Alabama A&M 

McAfee, Pat                       P       6-1        233      +13     26       5        West Virginia 

75 McGlynn, Mike             G/C     6-4        325       -2        28       6        Pittsburgh 

96 McKinney, Brandon     NT     6-2         345       ---        29       8       Michigan State 

McManus, Brandon        P/K    6-3         201       ---        21      R      Temple

42 Meggett, Davin              RB     5-8        219       +4       23       1       Maryland 

95 Moala, Fili                       DE     6-4        308       -2        27       5      USC 

48 Moore, Dan                    RB     5-11      240       +5       23       R      Montana 

94 Nevis, Drake                  DT      6-1        310        ---       24       3       LSU 

45 Overton, Matt                  LS      6-1        242       -12      27       2       Western Washington 

10 Palmer, Nathan             WR     5-11      198       +3       24       2        Northern Illinois 

40 Price, Sheldon               CB      6-2        180        ---       22      R        UCLA 

47 Prime, C.O.                     LB      6-1         261       +6        23     R        Wagner 

49 Rayford, Caesar            LB      6-7         267        ---       27      R        Washington 

90 Redding, Cory               DE      6-4         318       +3       32      11       Texas 

Reitz, Joe                           G        6-7         323       +1       27       3        Western Michigan 

11 Rumble, Rodrick           WR      6-2         207       +6      23        R       Idaho State 

16 Sambrano, Jabin          WR      5-11       190      +15      23       1       Montana 

14 Sampson, Lanear         WR      5-11       205        ---       22       R      Baylor 

64 Satele, Samson               C       6-3         300       +1        28       7       Hawaii 

85 Saunders, Weslye          TE      6-5         261        -9        24       3       South Carolina 

62 Schmeig, Rick                  C       6-3         310       +5        23       R       Purdue 

59 Sheppard, Kelvin           LB       6-2         256      +12      25        3       LSU 

52 Sidbury, Lawrence        OLB     6-3         269      +9        27        5      Richmond 

57 Simmons, Monte             LB       6-3         248      +22      24       1       Kent State 

60 Sowell, Bradley                T         6-7         315       -5        24       2       Mississippi 

58 Spears, Quinton              LB       6-4         230       -4        25        2       Prairie View A&M 

34 Swanson, Daxton             S        5-11       191      +6        22       R       Sam Houston State 

68 Tevaseu, Martin               NT      6-2          345     +20      25        3       Nevada-Las Vegas 

66 Thomas, Donald               G        6-4          306      +1       27        6       Connecticut 

69 Thornton, Hugh                 G        6-3          334      +14     21       R       Illinois 

28 Toler, Greg                        CB      6-0          190      -2        28        5        St. Paul's (VA) 

32 Vaughn, Cassius             CB      5-11        199      +4       25        4        Mississippi 

Vinatieri, Adam                    K        6-0          208      +2       40       18       South Dakota State 

93 Walden, Erik                    OLB     6-2          250      ---        27        6        Middle Tennessee State 

87 Wayne, Reggie                WR      6-0         200      +2        34       13      Miami (Fla.) 

17 Whalen, Griff                     WR     5-11        197      +12     23         2      Stanford 

37 Williams, Kerwynn            RB     5-8          198      +3        22        R      Utah State 

21 Williams, Teddy                CB      6-1          207      +6       24         2      Texas-San Antonio 

63 Ziemba, Lee                        T       6-6           313       -7       24         3      Auburn

Reserve/Military

#   NAME              *.      HT.      WT.   AGE   EXP.   COLLEGE

48 McNary, Josh  LB         6-0      251      25       R      Army

Unsigned Draft Pick

#    NAME                 *.   HT.     WT.           AGE    EXP.     COLLEGE

92 Werner, Bjoern OLB     6-3     260     -6     22         R        Florida State

McAfee, Pat P 6-1 233 +13

What, are we converting Mcafee to Interior Iinebacker now to? ;)  :funny: 

Im not sure I would read alot into many of the players current weight to be honest, They have been off for 6 months, Not surprising some have gained significant weight, Not all players go above and beyond to stay in shape and even some that do can gain quite a bit of weight,

I did see Mcafee line up as a wide receiver at camp a couple of years ago :huthut:

Luck is a beast..

And Landry is 226 for a safety.. That is incredible.

He looks even bigger! Maybe it's the height/real low body fat. Still pretty big and combined with his speed and strength he should be able to pack a pretty big blow! Excited!! ;)

Active

#         NAME            *.        HT.      WT.                 AGE    EXP.     COLLEGE

65 Heard, Kellen           DT       6-6         341      +2      27         3        Memphis 

WOE! I missed this pickup from late last season. Hope to hear good things come Training Camp.

So,  I sent Colts PR Director Craig Kelley a question to his mailbag....

Were the new weights for the roster a reflection of what the coaches want the players to play at this year?    Or, was it simply off-season,  out-of-shape weight that fans could expect the players to drop over the next 5-6 weeks or so....

It appears,  the new weight's are all legit.   For the most part,  we're going bigger and hoping it's better....

Here is Craig's answer.....

A:  The spring and conditioning work is finished and these are the playing weights for the season.  Training camp will be a continuation of what has been done to this point.  The years are long gone where camp is used to get players into playing shape.  We’re good to go on this and if you are keeping such a trained eye on us, I bet you as excited as we are for the season.  Thanks for being such an observant fan.

So,  I sent Colts PR Director Craig Kelley a question to his mailbag....

Were the new weights for the roster a reflection of what the coaches want the players to play at this year?    Or, was it simply off-season,  out-of-shape weight that fans could expect the players to drop over the next 5-6 weeks or so....

It appears,  the new weight's are all legit.   For the most part,  we're going bigger and hoping it's better....

Here is Craig's answer.....

A:  The spring and conditioning work is finished and these are the playing weights for the season.  Training camp will be a continuation of what has been done to this point.  The years are long gone where camp is used to get players into playing shape.  We’re good to go on this and if you are keeping such a trained eye on us, I bet you as excited as we are for the season.  Thanks for being such an observant fan.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone will be playing themselves into shape during camp. Just that a player will have a harder time keeping on muscle during the season (or a prospect while he's training for the combine and pro days) than in the offseason. 

I still find it hard to believe they tol Robert Griffin to balloon up to 361lbs and Chapman to balloon up to 341lbs, I also dont think Craig knows quite as much as some might believe given most of his answers are cookie cutter ones

I still find it hard to believe they tol Robert Griffin to balloon up to 361lbs and Chapman to balloon up to 341lbs, I also dont think Craig knows quite as much as some might believe given most of his answers are cookie cutter ones

He's a PR guy. Whether he knows more or not, these are the answers he's supposed to give.

He's a PR guy. Whether he knows more or not, these are the answers he's supposed to give.

Frustrating I guess when someone looks for some true insight into the organization and much of the time all one gets is cookie cutter answers. I understand it of course but still frustrating

I'm also not sure about Griffin but I could easily buy that Chapman was encouraged to get bigger. There was an interview awhile back where Grigson said Chaps weight was 340 or 360 or something and sounded really pleased about it.

McAfee, Pat P 6-1 233 +13

What, are we converting Mcafee to Interior Iinebacker now to? ;)  :funny: 

Im not sure I would read alot into many of the players current weight to be honest, They have been off for 6 months, Not surprising some have gained significant weight, Not all players go above and beyond to stay in shape and even some that do can gain quite a bit of weight,

199 lbs of him is in his right leg! 

I didn't mean to imply that anyone will be playing themselves into shape during camp. Just that a player will have a harder time keeping on muscle during the season (or a prospect while he's training for the combine and pro days) than in the offseason. 

I understand.....    no worries....    the question was as much mine as it was yours....

I would've asked it even if you hadn't touched on it....     again,  no worries....

I just thought it was important to get that on the record one way or the other....

Frustrating I guess when someone looks for some true insight into the organization and much of the time all one gets is cookie cutter answers. I understand it of course but still frustrating

Craig Kelley has been with the Colts for a very long time....   I think I read somewhere it's more than 20 years....    he's very good at his job.   

I appreciate that you're frustrated because you want more and feel like you're not getting it.   But I'm confident in saying it's not because he doesn't know.    It's because there are limits to what he can put out in public and that comes from people higher than him -- in other words -- his bosses.    There's only so much he can say.

That said....   Kelley and Kevin Bowen send out a fair amount of little nuggets of information.   I think of them as "hiding in plain sight"....    they're out there for everyone to see....    you just have to do a little digging and see them for what they are...

I've made a number of posts here in my 13+ months commenting on these little nuggets in various stories from Colts.com.   So,  they're there.    Also,  participating in Kevin Bowen's every other Friday chat sessions are also helpful.   He also puts out some very good and helpful information.  

If you know where to look and how to read between the lines,  there's more information out there than one might think.

It's just another way to look at things for you to consider.....

Most notable:

Below are some of the more significant weight changes on the roster.

- QB-Andrew Luck (239 pounds)- A gain of 5 pounds.

- RB-Vick Ballard (224 pounds)- A gain of 7 pounds.

- WR-Griff Whalen (197 pounds) A gain of 12 pounds.

- TE-Dwayne Allen (265 pounds) A gain of 10 pounds.

- TE-Coby Fleener (247 pounds) A loss of 5 pounds.

- TE-Weslye Saunders (261 pounds) A loss of 9 pounds.

- OT-Anthony Castonzo (307 pounds) A loss of 8 pounds.

- C/OG-Khaled Holmes (319 pounds) A gain of 17 pounds.

- OG-Hugh Thornton (334 pounds) A gain of 14 pounds.

- NT-Josh Chapman (340 pounds) A gain of 24 pounds.

- DE-Lawrence Guy (318 pounds) A gain of 18 pounds.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, June 29, 2013 - dupe
Hidden by Superman, June 29, 2013 - dupe

Most notable:

Below are some of the more significant weight changes on the roster.

- QB-Andrew Luck (239 pounds)- A gain of 5 pounds.

- RB-Vick Ballard (224 pounds)- A gain of 7 pounds.

- WR-Griff Whalen (197 pounds) A gain of 12 pounds.

- TE-Dwayne Allen (265 pounds) A gain of 10 pounds.

- TE-Coby Fleener (247 pounds) A loss of 5 pounds.

- TE-Weslye Saunders (261 pounds) A loss of 9 pounds.

- OT-Anthony Castonzo (307 pounds) A loss of 8 pounds.

- C/OG-Khaled Holmes (319 pounds) A gain of 17 pounds.

- OG-Hugh Thornton (334 pounds) A gain of 14 pounds.

- NT-Josh Chapman (340 pounds) A gain of 24 pounds.

- DE-Lawrence Guy (318 pounds) A gain of 18 pounds.