Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Chapman the 2nd coming of Vince Wilfork ?

jshipp23

Had the pleasure of watching his interview with McAfee on Colts Up Close and he seems like a great very humble guy...He is an absolute "TANK" eerily similar body-type to Wifork...I've heard nothing but good things about his potential and work-ethic, if he and Montori Hughes who also is supposedly opening eyes turn out, this defense may be very scary...The days of MJD running for 250 are over...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched film of him against LSU and he was undeniable dominant, he was making plays all over the field, sacks, making tackles downfield, the O-lineman were always going backwards and he was doubled a lot...If he is healthy I think he is a Pro Bowl player..I really like Hughes too...I criticized the draft at 1st, but the more I see the vision coming together the more I like it....I believe this will be the best defense we have ever had in Indianapolis if all goes accordingly, barring injuries of course..

I think he's more like Casey Hampton similar build and playing style. Hughes, Chapman, and RJF have the potential to be one of the top 5 defensive lines stopping the run.

I think he is more athletic than Hamptom, but I'd take Hampton allll day...Either way is a win win..

I think he's more like Casey Hampton similar build and playing style. Hughes, Chapman, and RJF have the potential to be one of the top 5 defensive lines stopping the run.

Williams from SD, Hampton and wilfork were al complete beasts in their prime. I would be stoned if he was on any if their level. Wilfork just seems to have a little more pass rush in his arsenal.

Seriously?  He hasn't played a down yet and we're comparing him to one of the better NT's the NFL has ever seen?

:woah:

Yes, based on what people in the organization are saying about him, and based on the tape against LSU I think he will be an absolute BEAST....Watch the LSU tape and tell me who the best player on the field was???

I watched film of him against LSU and he was undeniable dominant, he was making plays all over the field, sacks, making tackles downfield, the O-lineman were always going backwards and he was doubled a lot...If he is healthy I think he is a Pro Bowl player..I really like Hughes too...I criticized the draft at 1st, but the more I see the vision coming together the more I like it....I believe this will be the best defense we have ever had in Indianapolis if all goes accordingly, barring injuries of course..

What year against LSU

What year against LSU

Not sure...I was wondering myself, Jefferson was at QB for LSU...May have been b4 he was hurt the way he was playing, he was pretty dominant, Top 10 pick dominant, Shariff Floyd couldn't carry his jock strap dominant...

Not sure...I was wondering myself, Jefferson was at QB for LSU...May have been b4 he was hurt the way he was playing, he was pretty dominant, Top 10 pick dominant, Shariff Floyd couldn't carry his jock strap dominant...

looks like 2010

Wasn't Jerry Hughes dominant in college, too?

Jamarcus Russell had some great game tapes too.

This is what I've been saying for a while, some people may be disappointed if he plays like a rookie. Lets give him a chance playing against the big boys before we compare him to all pros.

This kid has what it takes the work ethic the whole 9 yards,but its not fair to compare him to anyone,lets see what he does and let him build his own identity.I do not see this kid being a flop,I see him being a very important piece of our DL to have the fortitude to play on that bad knee his senior year and play pretty darn well speaks volumes about this kid.Lets set back hope he doesn't get hurt and watch what he develops into :thmup:

Josh certainly has the potential to be a dominant NT in the league anchoring one of the best defenses in college on one leg is very impressive. 

Hughes has a good chance of winning the starting spot opposite of Redding/Nevis with RJF subbing in and out for him.

I feel confident in where the defense is in the front 7 with the additions of Werner, Walden, Sheppard, Hughes, RJF, and Franklin.

This kid has what it takes the work ethic the whole 9 yards,but its not fair to compare him to anyone,lets see what he does and let him build his own identity.I do not see this kid being a flop,I see him being a very important piece of our DL to have the fortitude to play on that bad knee his senior year and play pretty darn well speaks volumes about this kid.Lets set back hope he doesn't get hurt and watch what he develops into :thmup:

They all say he is 100% and he has had a year to learn the scheme and probably got a little stronger if possible...I think he will hit the ground running...He does have the formula like you said, very good guy and I know he will do what it takes.

They all say he is 100% and he has had a year to learn the scheme and probably got a little stronger if possible...I think he will hit the ground running...He does have the formula like you said, very good guy and I know he will do what it takes.

I seen some of his tweets during rehab,he was really hitting the weights,might add looks like he was eating good as well :funny: He will loose excess in training camp

honestly the comparisons should stop until he actually steps foot on the football field during the season. no one knows how he will play or who he will be like until he does. The way he played in college means nothing anymore. 

Please keep saying this....ILWT...

Didnt my man Donald Brown rush for 2,000 yards his final year in college???

JaMarcus Russell dominated in the SEC but he didn't turn out very well in the pros.

QB vs NT..Once again...Come on man?? And comparing Russell's mentality  to Chapman's is really uninformed if you know anything about Chapman..

Had the pleasure of watching his interview with McAfee on Colts Up Close and he seems like a great very humble guy...He is an absolute "TANK" eerily similar body-type to Wifork...I've heard nothing but good things about his potential and work-ethic, if he and Montori Hughes who also is supposedly opening eyes turn out, this defense may be very scary...The days of MJD running for 250 are over...

I think Vince Wilfork might be more of a big play lineman than Chapman. I really can't think of a player that is real similar to Wilfork as he's a bit "freakish." However , i agree that Chapman has the potential to be a great lineman , just not really in the mold of Wilfork. Maybe I'm nit picking you a bit as I pretty much agree with your premise.

QB vs NT..Once again...Come on man?? And comparing Russell's mentality compared to Chapman's is really uninformed if you know anything about Chapman..

It's not about the position nor the mindset, I'm just saying that we never know what a player is going to look like in the speed of the NFL just because he was a winner or dominant in college.

There not really close in size.

Chapman 6'0" 316 lbs

Wilfork 6'3" 335+ lbs

I didn't realize Wilfork was 6-3" , Chapman still has that same square tank like body and their playing styles and mentalities are similar...If your gonna talk about 2" then I guess you got me....If he is 100% healthy he is surprisingly athletic and does get after the qb and has the motor to chase down plays and make tackles on the opposite side of the field...That's just what I saw on tape, and he was consistently doubled as well...As far as the weight, Wilfork carries more fat where Chapman is just solid man...

I didn't realize Wilfork was 6-3" , Chapman still has that same square tank like body and their playing styles and mentalities are similar...If your gonna talk about 2" then I guess you got me....If he is 100% healthy he is surprisingly athletic and does get after the qb and has the motor to chase down plays and make tackles on the opposite side of the field...That's just what I saw on tape, and he was consistently doubled as well...As far as the weight, Wilfork carries more fat where Chapman is just solid man...

Hes got a little bit of belly going on but will disappear in camp,my guess he levels out around 325-330

If Hughes learns to use his hands more and better then he will make a good rotational player with starting potential.......If not......well....That late in the draft at NT/DE I think I would have prefered Quinton Dial to play the 3 technique and 5, I just think Dial is more explosive and better at shedding blocks and wrapping up, He also flashes a mean streak

You're missing the point...arent you?

Wasnt Tim Tebow a two-time college player of the Year?

College football is not the NFL....

Not missing the point at all....Diferent position, and it was no secret Tebow couldn't throw, but I haven't heard anyone say Chapman can't tackle or toss o-linemen around like ragdolls..

Chapman's got potential but that's all it is..

Coaches praise most players before they've ben hit by someone in another color jersey...

We need him....but pro offensive linemen are a totally different animal from the guys he's been betaing in college

I dont but that SEC players automatically start and excel at the pro level...I dont believe that SEC stars automatically star in the NFL...       ...

I'm not convinced Chapman can draw a double-team against Houston twice  a year.. 

Cant we wait and see

Not missing the point at all....Diferent position, and it was no secret Tebow couldn't throw, but I haven't heard anyone say Chapman can't tackle or toss o-linemen around like ragdolls..

While I really think Chapman has the potential to be a solid player for us I dont think he is going to be the game changer some expect, I actually dont even think he was the best NT in that draft, Solid player but I think some have way to high expectations for him

If Hughes learns to use his hands more and better then he will make a good rotational player with starting potential.......If not......well....That late in the draft at NT/DE I think I would have prefered Quinton Dial to play the 3 technique and 5, I just think Dial is more explosive and better at shedding blocks and wrapping up, He also flashes a mean streak

Don't know about you , Im just excited for TC and Preseason to get a look and see how this all plays out.Will deffinately be very interesting

Still dont get it...?

SEC o-lineman....not NFL 0-lineman

Its not the position....its the league ....Do you really consider the SEC almost equal to the NFL.

I know that's what they say on ESPN... :goodluck:

Still dont get it...?

SEC o-lineman....not NFL 0-lineman

Its not the position....its the league ....Do you really consider the SEC almost equal to the NFL.

I know that's what they say on ESPN... :goodluck:

Closest thing to it, just call it triple A football if you want...Half the 1st round is usually SEC players....Actually most the top o-linemen drafted were SEC products as well...