Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Those Calling For Garrard

GoColts8818

Yeah really whether we can afford Garrard or not I dont think he could play in this offense, at least not well. He was never that good anyway we will see what Painter has Monday night possibly. I think we all need to understand that this season is what it is I am hoping we improve and do well moving forward. We have made strides so I dont think it will be as bad as first though.

Yeah really whether we can afford Garrard or not I dont think he could play in this offense, at least not well. He was never that good anyway we will see what Painter has Monday night possibly. I think we all need to understand that this season is what it is I am hoping we improve and do well moving forward. We have made strides so I dont think it will be as bad as first though.

My thoughts exactly

Not only can we not afford him, but his style of play doesn't fit. He doesn't have a quick release, and like Collins, he likes to have receivers open first instead of throwing them open. The only QB in the league who could make this offense run like we're used to seeing (besides #18) is probably Brees. He plays very similarly.

Not only can we not afford him, but his style of play doesn't fit. He doesn't have a quick release, and like Collins, he likes to have receivers open first instead of throwing them open. The only QB in the league who could make this offense run like we're used to seeing (besides #18) is probably Brees. He plays very similarly.

this....and the fact that we don't have time for another QB to come in and learn a new system...We all saw how that worked with collins, and he had a few weeks before the season to prepare. It's time to "dance with the date you brought"

painter holding his own vs. Tampa Bay would be enough to make me happy. we DO need a win really badly. I think we can ONLY if Painter doesn't look lost.

I want a win but to be honest, I would want teams like the Chiefs and Seahawks to win also.

Why would we bring in Garrard, especially now. We just got Orlovsky, who knows this system better than Garrard. We would have to pay money we don't have to get Garrard, then train him, and who knows when he'll start. He's not worth it.

this....and the fact that we don't have time for another QB to come in and learn a new system...We all saw how that worked with collins, and he had a few weeks before the season to prepare. It's time to "dance with the date you brought"

CM...you made the best point here...

I believe the coaches thought that Kerry Collins could pick up our system in a month.and he hasn't.

That's a red flag....because Collins is a what? 14-yaer vet..? 5 teams.. ??

I think Painter is the ONLY guy we can go to now....and get Oslovsky ready...He started camp with us and he's got tot be picking it up...

This could be good..Either Curtrs fails again and we know we need help at QB in the offseason..

Or he gains valuable experinece and confidence and we're protected when #18 comes back..

I think Painter is the ONLY guy we can go to now....and get Oslovsky ready...He started camp with us and he's got tot be picking it up...

Exactly. Painter has been in the system. He knows it and he knows the other players. Is he a suitable replacement for Peyton? No, but who is? I think he gives us the best shot at winning games right now. Even if we had the cap room to go out and get a big time QB, there would still be a learning curve and time to teach a new QB the offense is not a commodity that the Colts have right now.

Having said that, I think Matt Hasselbeck has done a heck of a job learning the Titans offense in a short amount of time. I wish Collins could have done the same for the Colts.

I might be crazy but i think painter will surprise us.Not saying he will light it up,but be effecient.

Could be. This is the first time in his pro career that Painter has known in advnace that he will be astarting a regular season game

This cold go very badly or it could go very well..

I'm glad its Tampa and not Pittsburgh or Baltimore

Cap is at 121 mil and we are at 128? How does that work?

I am guessing that is with front-loaded stuff, or where we'll be at season's end if things stand right now....meaning cuts are a comin' (paging Gary Brackett and Melvin Bullitt)

but I am no salary cap guru either

Let's bring in Drew Brees then, we could trade Donald Brown, Melvin Bullitt and a 5th round pick and Painter for him. I'm sure of it.

Cap is at 121 mil and we are at 128? How does that work?

I was thinking about this the other day and the best I can come up with is there has to be some kind of leeway allowed for when players go on IR. When a player is on IR, unless I'm mistaken, they still get paid but obviously can't play. The team has to have a chance to put 53 men on the active roster, again I assume, so I would think that there is some sort of allowance for such a situation. I imagine it would have to be compensated for in one way or another at the end of the year.