Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeney(80) and Mathis(74) make top 100 players of 2013 list

MTC

Pretty funny.

I like how they give unknown players recognition, but I don't like it when they overrate players, and although Freeney is one of my favorite players of all time, he does not deserve to be on this list. I can't say that he had a bigger impact than Percy Harvin and Kaepernick.

Anquan Boldin being lower than Troy Palamalu last season? Flawed.

Trent Richardson in, Andrew Luck not? Flawed.

I agree with Tark...Mathis should be higher.

Boldin didn't do anything until the playoffs came around (Basically once Lewis announced his retirement)

So Boldin shouldn't be ranked that high. The season is 16 games long, he wasn't as big during the season as he was for them in the playoffs

People vote Mathis as overrated too lol, ignorance. He was averaging a sack a game till he got hurt.

This. He was killing it last year till the injury. It'ss all good he'll come back stronger this year.

Also, I could be wrong, but I believe the players voted this list instead of in the past it's been the fans.

The Top 100 has always been voted by the players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Top_100

The NFL Top 100 is an annual list that features the greatest one hundred players in the National Football League (NFL), as chosen by fellow NFL players. The rankings are based on an off-season poll organized by the NFL, whereby players vote on their peers based on the performance of the previous season and their belief of how the player will perform in the coming season.

Pretty funny.

I like how they give unknown players recognition, but I don't like it when they overrate players, and although Freeney is one of my favorite players of all time, he does not deserve to be on this list. I can't say that he had a bigger impact than Percy Harvin and Kaepernick.

I think in this and in the pro bowl there are occasionally people who receive lifetime achievement awards.  Basically a guy who's been at the top for so long that even though he drops off quite a bit due to age, the respect for him is still there and it just doesn't feel right leaving him off the list.

I think that's how Jeff Saturday made the pro-bowl despite the fact that he lost the starting job in GB in his final year.

Probably happened here with Freeney.