Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft Rounds 1 thru 7

Mike Tahoe

Josh Norris from NFL.com created a seven-round mock draft of all 254 picks. Below is the Colts' predicted picks for all seven rounds. I'm not familiar with all of these players, but how would you grade this draft if this is in fact how it played out?

24. Indianapolis Colts: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA. Few were more impressive than Jones during Senior Bowl week, and the versatile defensive lineman was impressive in college, as well. His ability to win inside and out will be coveted.

86. Colts: Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn.

121. Colts: Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida.

192. Colts: Jeff Baca, OG, UCLA.

230. Colts: Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa.

254. Colts: Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska.

I see a lot of mocks have us going DE in the first. My gut tells me CB, but my gut also told me to go with the chili cheese burger last night and that didn't settle to well. :D

I honestly have no idea what we'll do, which makes it interesting.

Really feeling Jones at 24 if available...or Rhodes at CB....BPA.  Or a big RG named Cooper if he falls.

I do not think we go 2 RBs in the draft, but as in another mock one is Mr Irrelevant....so whose to argue...good players all...tomorrow we will know.  :):blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I can see Jones with that #24 pick, or Cyprien.

But drafting two RB's? I just don't see it.

I mentioned Cyprien yesterday...he seems to have fallen for some reason Lolly....and we picked up Landry...I love Cyprien...had a dream we picked him believe it or not.  :)  big%20smile.gif

I mentioned Cyprien yesterday...he seems to have fallen for some reason Lolly....and we picked up Landry...I love Cyprien...had a dream we picked him believe it or not.   :)  big%20smile.gif

picking up ladnry wouldnt make it bad to draft cyprien, (last i saw on a mock draft he was going 21st overall) Landry is a one dimensional player, and cyprien has better coverage skills then landry. having both wouldnt hurt. 

picking up ladnry wouldnt make it bad to draft cyprien, (last i saw on a mock draft he was going 21st overall) Landry is a one dimensional player, and cyprien has better coverage skills then landry. having both wouldnt hurt. 

I really like Cyprien.....not saying we will get him....BTW I kind of like one dimensional when the guy can knock your socks off :)

More RB depth? Could this really be the end of Carter & Brown?

I wouldn't mind T-Rex (Burkhead) in a :colts: uniform at all :D

if eddie lacy is available in the mid to late second round, i would trade the 86 &121 pick to try and grab him.......the rest of the team is coming along nicely a improvement at RB would make the colts even stronger  (i think green bay takes him in the first) but anything could happen lacy is the best rb in the draft this year

I really like Cyprien.....not saying we will get him....BTW I kind of like one dimensional when the guy can knock your socks off :)

one dimensional safeties being hard hitters usually lead to one thing..... injury. Cyprien would be perfect fill in for him lol. plus i think it would be easier and cheaper to convert him to FS (if we dont resign bethea) then it would be to dish money out to bring one in. 

I would go deandre hopkins aftr watching sport science on espnews as they highlighted him, catching 48 straight passes with 1 hand from a throwing machine 10 yards away. Still able to catch them one handed at diff angles n as close to the machine as less than a blink of an eye away to react to the ball. Impressive. 1 hand not one hand trapping ball against the body.

Josh Norris from NFL.com created a seven-round mock draft of all 254 picks. Below is the Colts' predicted picks for all seven rounds. I'm not familiar with all of these players, but how would you grade this draft if this is in fact how it played out?

24. Indianapolis Colts: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA. Few were more impressive than Jones during Senior Bowl week, and the versatile defensive lineman was impressive in college, as well. His ability to win inside and out will be coveted.

86. Colts: Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn.

121. Colts: Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida.

192. Colts: Jeff Baca, OG, UCLA.

230. Colts: Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa.

254. Colts: Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska.

I had a dream this morning that we drafted Mike Gillislee and a TON of people were excited about it.

one dimensional safeties being hard hitters usually lead to one thing..... injury. Cyprien would be perfect fill in for him lol. plus i think it would be easier and cheaper to convert him to FS (if we dont resign bethea) then it would be to dish money out to bring one in. 

Injuries to other players...:)  Just kidding...i am ready to see some hitting for a change...some wrapping up and tackling would be nice too...not enough of that anymore.  I love solid hard hits and gang tackling!!!  13.gif  WOOF!  Ready to roll! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I think the surprise pick will be Margus Hunt if he is available.  He has great work ethic and skills.

You know what?  That is now my gut feeling too.....and I have been against the pick.

Pagano sees him all over the field.....like a big freaking Polamalu....and faster Suggs....

I honestly am feeling this pick.

I've noticed alot on the CBS draft prospect page and players are jumping around a lot in the past week and some have injuries being added that were not there before, Dion Jordon, Dee milliner and Star Lotulelei are showing an injury status and might fall in the 1st or out of the 1st, we'll see what happens. M.Te'o was out of the 1st round and now he's back in at #25 and D.J Fluker was in the mid 20's then dropped to #21 and now he's way down at #12 and Sherrif Floyd has fallen alot from the #3 to now he's #9, and Menelik Watson OT went from the low 30's to now #22. Keenan Allen went from #20 to now #47 and all off season on that page listed as injured like Matt Barkley has been also. Yea I know this is a PROSPECT page and not what each team needs it just that players jump around, some more than others.....

I'm watching Mayocks draft weekly special edition and they have Colts picking CB D.J.Hayden and Mayock went nuts when the guy picking said that name, shows he really loves this kid and who also had what is called a life threatening injury in his senior year and he's ahead of Desmond Trufant who I believe is better than DJ Hayden and without the life threatening injury.

I'm high on DJ Fluker who at his size can be a RG and CB Xavier Rhodes, but as of right now they are out of reach, so if somehow they do fall to #24 I would be happy with either one and if Grigson also decides to trade out with the hypothetical trade down to get a high 2nd and a high 3rd and get OG Larry Warford or Kyle Long and also C Brian Schwenke and so in one off season and a couple picks have an offensive line for the next 5 or more years and next year go ALL out on defense and be Super Bound maybe this year and or next year ;}

Go Colts!!!!!

Go grigson!!!!!

Injuries to other players... :)  Just kidding...i am ready to see some hitting for a change...some wrapping up and tackling would be nice too...not enough of that anymore.  I love solid hard hits and gang tackling!!!  13.gif  WOOF!  Ready to roll! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

yeah im tired of seeing this arm tackling or hit someone with their shoulder to try to knock them out of bounds. i want big hits that knocks the wind out of someone for a minute lol.